Madness: The Gathering

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Littleben

Re: Madness: The Gathering

Postby Littleben » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 pm

"Please, don't be offended if I take precaution and ask what this blessing would involve, after effects, etc. - I've learnt that somethings can have certain... consequences." He looked around to see if anyone was lurking, since the pair had raised the volume of the conversation.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm

The pair didn't appear to be observed, it just appeared that Boing was being dramatic even though it was just the pair of them. He had taken a deep breath and puffed his goblin chest out and everything.
"The blessing will expand your mind, make you more then you ever have been. You can call it 'insanity' or 'madness' but it is merely truth and perspective...you will think as you have never thought! Feel as you have never felt! Roads once closed to you shall be open! You will understand things as you never have before!"
He stopped then, letting out the breath as he looked perplexed at Handgoose for a moment, clearly some kind of exchange taking place again before he returned his gaze to Fern.
"Handgoose says that all the best plans and ideas come from crazy and you can be a part of that. Like anything it has its downsides but it also has its upsides."
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 am

There is a flurry of movement and a sickening thud as the body of a goblin hits the floor between Fern and Boing. It is obviously dead, blood seeping from a wound in its back.

The pair look up into the darkness above them and see a dark figure disappearing along a ledge.

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 am

Boing was more then a little shocked for a fraction of a second, sort of horrified in a way that a goblin had been killed by someone other then him in his own sanctum. Almost instantly the air around him cooled as power and anger started to built and he let out a near howl of rage that was as much physical as mental. In a sense such was a signal to those not all that far away, his Underdweller guards who were always monitoring, always at his beck and call as they had been in life when he had carved his niche among them and with them to bring the rest of the faithfull. Handgoose was darting around now, his senses reaching out, searching for the intruder.
"Fine the killer! Bring him to me! Alive or dead we care not which!", he called out.
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm

A chill flew down Fern's spine as Boing let out his bellowing howl. He shivered and regained his posture. "Although I would accept I do not think now is the right time. I think this is a message saying people want you or I dead. If you send out your companions to try to hunt down whoever did this I will assist them. Or I can stay and help with any tasks you have around here whilst keeping a keen eye."

He waits for a response whilst Boing and Handgoose seem to be conjuring a plan.

The Dark Runner

Postby The Dark Runner » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 am

There is another flurry of movement and a goblin crumples to the floor a wound in his back still breathing this time.

Boing catched a glimps of The Dark Runner he sees a nod then the figure dissapers

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Boing gives a nod in return, a certain feeling telling him who this figure was but then the other was gone. Boin looked to Fern then and gave a grin.
"Dont worry...its been taken care of. Now weren't you saying you wanted to be a follower? Part of our grabd adventure?", he would ask with a sidelong look, "Such is open to you if you want..I could maybe use a paldin or something."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Fern stops his speech there "Woah woah woah! You barely know me and I barely know you. Don't you think paladin is a big jump? I understand it is a huge job. And anyway, I thought only gods had paladins, are you saying you are godly? I didn't realise.. I feel I should feel more honoured in your presence. Perhaps I should be put on a trial so that we can both see if it is advantageous for the both of us - I've little doubt that it will benefit me but I insist I prove myself first."

He awkwardl goes on to ask, "Also, I couldn't help but notice a little nod from you, to the figure I presume? I didn't see in great detail who or what it was. Is there any explaination as to why you are conversing with someone killing your followers?"

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Boing looked at fern for a few moments, peering at him as intently as Handgoose...and then promptly cracked a tooth filled grin. "I have history with certain members of the Order...and we have an understanding now. We shouldn't be having any issues with them immediately.", he offered.

He turned then and ambled up the stairs, muttering to himself as he did and dropepd himself into his throne, settlign back in it as comfortably as he could and lifting a leg to drape it over one arm of the furniture piece. He left one arm across his belly then while Handgoose remained upright, ever vigilant.
"Handgoose says look at it this way...I have alot of loyal followers here but powerful as some may be none have that....special quality you get with Heroes or people that spend enough time with them. They follow become we are infinitely better of two options. We were the true and faithful of Neffekeffen and now we are the one who shall fill his space. We are not a full got yet but we are certainly of the divine.", he said, he and Handgoose looking to each other then, Handgoose nodding as if to confirm all of this, "If you wish to prove yourself though then you could start by kneeling before us...and then we may have a job or two for you."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 am

Fern pondered about what Boing had said about the Order. Was he in danger for leaving? No, he was already killed for it. Boing must have a contract out for someone or some other favour that is to be done by this certain member. Anyway, it had no concern for Fern. "I can't say I've had the best experience with followers of Neffekeffen, however you seem more controlled than who I have encountered." He knelt down and rested on one knee. "What is to be done first?"

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:41 pm

As Boing/Handgoose says ''we are certainly of the divine'' there is a sense that indeed divine power exudes from him/them. Exudes may be the wrong word; divine power is spilling from him/them may be a better description...

Dellam

Postby Dellam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 pm

"Handgoose likes to say that there is control and then there is control...be glad we are not our opposite number. Shes just nuts."
He offers, looking down upon the kneeling Fern. He could feel his own power exuding, rolling forth and did his best to restrain it, not wanting to lose any more then he had to. Handgoose wouldn't like going back to the way they were. not after a taste of this.
"Now as to whats to be done...We could well use your services as an alchemist. The more potions the better at times like these. You may use whatever space you can find with the assurance that assisting ourselves and our people will serve you well in the long run...beyond that lies helping me return to the realm of the living. If we can both do as such well then...there shall be more. So much more."
Player of;

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 pm

He thinks for a moment, "Hmmm, I'll see what I can find around here and try to work out the best stuff to make with them. Most likely will be some kind of minor healing potions. I will not be able to make any type of essence potion though, being a peasent and all. As for returning to the realm of the living I'm not really educated about that either I'm afraid, but we can investigate it when it comes to it. I'll be back soon."

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Fern returns to where he left Boing in his throne, with a small satchel. He waits until gestured by Boing to come to talk to him, walks to a small table-like rock and places several small bottles of liquid on it. He then exclaims, "I'm afraid that this is all I could come up with. I took some tools that I could use from here and found a couple of herbs stored just over there, went back to my settlement and did the best I could." He picked up several vias and grouped some togetherl as he explained, "These over here are minor health potions, a couple of doses of heal one; this one here is one dose of... now I believe the spell is called 'invigorate' - something like that, anyways, it makes you slightly more heartier until sunrise, which is quiet convient down here as the sun never rises! Finally I have here a couple attempts of essence potion, however, being a peseant I'm not sure I quite made them correctly, so they may just turn out to be more health potions or even just water."
He then turns to Boing and says, "I'm sorry I couldn't produce any more than that but I'm sure you will make good use of them. I will keep an eye out of anything else useful to use, however meanwhile I'll need to return back to my settlement to check up on things. I shall return as soon as I am done. If there is anything I can do on the way there I can see if I can make a slight detour, I will be heading up to the North West."

OOC:
4 x Healing potion - Heals one point, 2 doses per vial.
1 x Endurance potion - One extra healable hit until sunrise.
2 x Attempted essence potion - 1 dose of N/A

Return to “The Hope Wastes”