Pacts are Dead.

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Peter Levy

Pacts are Dead.

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm

**Death looked inside the box. Who wouldn't? You don't often get to see the personal treasures of a so-called god. It was almost disappointing to find mostly jewellery and fine cloth. But then there was a symbol. A black and white symbol. Three marks inside a circle. A religious symbol.**

Well, well, well... I wonder what this means...

**He pulled the sash out and held it in front of him, thinking on its significance. Who did this belong to? A small egg-timer fell from a fold, and smashed on the floor. There was a noticeable release of power.**

Interesting. When did you come from?

Put that down, Fey.
Aha! Kan Slaar!, just the man! Know anything about this?
I know you should give it back, and leave this place.
Oh, not yet. I want to know what this is all about. Why do you keep a symbol of this particular deity?
I haven't a clue what you're talking about. Get out!
Oh, you do know. You definitely know, I can see it in your eyes. This... belongs to you, doesn't it?
Maybe once.
Or maybe... not yet?
What a ridiculous question. Leave me be, pest.
Fine. Fine, I'll go. I guess it explains why you get so angry about all the resurrections...

**An uncomfortable silence fills the room. Kan Slaar forces the rage, the fear, the sadness down. Death smiles the same smug smirk he always wears, and lightly strides out of the room. Kan Slaar puts the sash back in the box. He suddenly becomes aware of another presence, in the opposite door.**

I saw what just happened. I think I know what that creature is. And I definitely know what that livery is.
What do you want?
This all adds up. It all makes sense to me. This is fate.
Who are you?
My name is Dimitri Tyler, and I believe I have been searching for you.
What do you want?
I have something for you. Something that will take your troubles away. I thought at first I should have given it to the angel, but now I am certain it is you...
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about...
Yes you do. I'm sure you do!
Who the hell do you think you are?!
I told you, I am Dimitri. I am from the Cult of Ch'Wan.
Good for you. I'm getting fed up with intruders.
As the 163rd year begins, a dark force shall rise. His army shall be seven beasts, and none shall stand before the To'Krein but Ch'Wan.
What?
Tomorrow's angel, today's abomination, a prison carved in stone.
I don't have time for this nonsense!

**Dimitri held out a dark stone totem. A bird. Kan Slaar looked at the offering with utter disdain.**

You can stop him.
Who?
That man who was here before. He is the dark force of our prophecies, I know it. You can stop him rising.
How?
I... I don't know. But he can be imprisoned within this focus.
Why should I believe you.
You don't, but you have to try.
Why?
Because I may not be the only one who saw that tabard, that timer, and your reaction. We can keep all this between us, just use this focus before his transformation is complete.
You're seriously trying to blackmail me?
Yes. But I don't think you need me to. If you you are who I believe you to have been, you will do this.
Tell me more...

**The two of them wander the silent corridors of the palace and talk of good and evil, prophecies and futures, pacts and plans.**

Return to “The Hope Wastes”