A hard days night

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Peter Levy

Re: A hard days night

Postby Peter Levy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 pm

**Yossrune baulks as the blade strips a layer of Shadow magic from around him. The sword drops to the floor by his feet. He grumbles under his breath slightly, and takes the knife out of the table.**

"Guess I'll have to do this the new-fashioned way..."

**He takes the knife, and pricks a finger on his left index finger with the tip of the blade. A single, iridescent drop of blue-green blood forms and drops to the floor.**

"I don't know if you're aware, little Elf, but a Pal Ki'Ar Prince such as myself can summon a champion. Such a creature is nigh-on indestructible. Only my blade can harm him. Should you choose to fight him, each swing of his claws will strip you of your strength and your soul. The more powerful you are, the more Savage his blows."

**The drop of blood begins to steam, and a dark shadow swirls above it, coalescing into a large humanoid shape with glowing green eyes. It takes on an almost totally solid form, crouches, and picks up the Sword of Life. It shuffles across the room, the sword pulsing, lashing out with Light and Life magic, and places the sword carefully into a long wooden box. It takes Dellam's hand, sniffs it slightly, then swallows it before dissipating into the darkness. Yossrune smiles.**

"Payment gratefully received. Now, a good baker's dozen arrowheads... I should have some casts around here somewhere..."

**He rummages through piles of stuff until he finds what looks like a long, white brick with thirteen holes in the top. He sets it down by the furnace. He takes the bellows and a small candle. The candle is delicately placed just inside the furnace, and the bellows just outside. With one almighty squeeze, the candle flame grows to engulf the entire forge. Briefly, the whole room is engulfed in fire, singeing the old Daemon's beard, and the Wood Elf's hair. Yossrune doesn't seem even slightly concerned. The fire in the furnace is almost instantly huge and hot.**

"Lovely. Lovely."

**He takes small bars of metal from beside the furnace. Dark purple, brilliant silver, burnt russet all accumulate in a big ceramic pot. Yossrune heaves the pot up above the flame, where it sits neatly in a thick metal frame. Turning a wheel beside the forge, Yossrune lowers the pot into the fire. The pot is almost exactly the same size as the top of the forge; the frame does not get too hot. After a few minutes, he turns another wheel, and the pot tilts, spilling a white-hot fluid onto the long white brick. The liquid spits sparks and flames as it sinks into the mould.**

"Now, this will take a day to cool, so please come back in a couple of days. You may not stay here."

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Erynion nodded and headed for the door.

I will be back first thing tomorrow. Thank you.

Virrin then started talking

Tomorrow, more waiting. Let's gets go back and find the man who directed us, we have time to cut off his legs and get back

We are going somewhere quiet for a chat Virrin. I don't want you tormenting me anymore.

Erynion pushed the door open and jumped into the sky and with a few flaps of his wings he had flown up into the mountain
Erynion - Possessed wood elf - Dead again
Quinn - The jester - Dead
Anthony Landon - How much you paying?
Chase - The hunter - only nice character I seem to have :)

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Up in the mountain Erynion was sitting on a huge boulder. It was misty and cold as the Elf and Demon talked.

This is going to stop. Ever since I let you into my head I have embraced you and let you cause torment through me. I even hurt Sir Katy because of you and risked our friendship, and still you torment me. What more do you want?!?!

Erynion's face turned dark and a sinister smile came over his face.

What do I want? Well I would have thought that was obvious. I want to break you.

Break me, but that means I'm the only one you will torment, and you want to spread torment. I don't understand. Can we work together, I will help with the torment on the condition you don't torment me. Or Sir Katy for that matter. But everyone else is fair game.

Ok I will ease off you and Sir Katy, as long as you let me torment everyone I want too. And we will start with guy serving in the tavern. Will give us a chance to test the new arrows and see how powerful they are.

If you torment me or Sir Katy then I will find someone to cleanse me of you. I stopped it once but I won't next time unless you stick to our agreement.

After their conversation Virrin let Erynion get to sleep properly for the first time in a long time.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm

The next morning Erynion woke to the noise of voices. There was someone coming over the mountain, he didn't know why someone would be coming over but he thought it was time to go get his arrows. So he quickly put his quiver and his bow over his shoulder and flew off. The mist had thinned a little but was still thick enough for him to leave unseen.

It was a relief knowing he could now focus on what he was doing without having Virrin constantly talking in his ear and trying to take over. However he was a little worried about what he may have to do.

After 10 minutes he was back at the door he had left the night before. He knocked and entered. The room was dark with very little light coming in. He looked around and called out

Hello Yossrune are you here?

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 pm

**The forge is still quite warm, but the fire has died out. Around the room there is a slight lingering smoke in the air, and no sign of Nick Yossrune. Sticking out of the table are thirteen arrows, their heads barbed irregularly, the points so fine they could split hair. One of the arrows is skewering a small note, which reads:**

Virrin,
Enjoy these.
Nick Yossrune
xx

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Erynion smiled and put the arrows in his quiver. He removed one of his arrows drew his bow and fired straight into the back of the door. It's flew straight and true and had enough force to send the door swinging out. He walked over to the door and removed the arrow.
These will do nicely. Ok that's one problem solved. Now for you Virrin.

For me? We have a deal. You don't stop me tormenting people and I leave you and Kity alone.

Its Sir Katy not Kity. And yes I may have told I little lie there. Now we may not have escaped the hopewastes that night but I learned that you can be cleansed from my mind.

You didn't let them do it the first time and you wouldn't let them do it again. If it wasn't for me then you would be dead, and you can say goodbye to those wings you like.

You are right, if it wasn't for you I would have died. But because of you I've ended up down here. Again you are right. I love the wings, but I want to be me again. I want to return to the world of the living and lead my people to aid the humans, to show them that humans and elves can fight together for a better cause. I also have to find Dellam and make up for your brutality in cutting off his hand. Now I'm going to give you a choice Virrin. We can wait here until Nick comes back or we can find someone to have you removed. Your choice.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

**A burning pain surges through Erynion's head, and a vision of this daemon, Virrin, creeps into view. She scowls at him.**

"Those people weren't trying to help you. They were trying to destroy me! Nobody who would cast that magic would want to... rescue me from you... No, you'd be better off finding another way. I won't necessarily tell you how: I like that it makes you suffer. But there are other ways."

**She waves her hands through the air, and a second figure shimmers into existence. A purple-skinned daemon, with great black wings, and a severed hand under her arm.**

"This is Osoroshii. You've met her. She is part of a group. A powerful, dark group. She and two others, both Undead, founded a guild of sorts. They trade in deals with daemons, undead, dark gods; all the nasty things most living people fear. I would suggest we contact one of them."

**The figure of Osoroshii fades, being replaced by a pale man in black robes. He holds a thin, pointed wand in his right hand. The look on his face is one of pleasure; the look of a man lost in his love of watching men suffer and cower and lose hope.**

"This is Ulairi. He is the High Priest of the god Despair. There are few people in this world with a greater understanding of the Soul, and Death Magic's power over it. We could seek him out, too."

**Ulairi's image vanishes, and a new face appears. Another pale man, in black robes. A distinctive silver rose is embroidered on his tabard. He smiles the smile of someone who knows that his opponent has underestimated him; the look of a man who knew what he wanted and took it.**

"This is Samuel Worthington. He used to be a human. Then he became a Lich. Now he is part of the Quarin, one of the four walking aspects of the god of Undeath. He and his kin, and their Soulless army could be a help to us. Although, I don't expect them to let you live... Unless we can fix it so your soul is raised as an undead. That might work for us."

**She grins at Erynion, knowing that he'd never go for that option.**

"But there's the obvious problem of being dead. We can overcome this. I know of a person, an old fellow. A powerful fellow, once considered as though he were a god. He, though living on Velmaneth, can readily contact the dead. I say 'living'... He could be very useful to us. If you want to talk to the living, we need to find the Well of Echoes. He'll be ready to hear your plea, to make your deals."

**Virrin sinks back into Erynion's head.**

"Or we could just have a crack at the Thirteen Gates."

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 pm

To be honest most of them sound like they will result in my death. However the last two options sound intriguing. Ok the first most obvious questions would be what are the 13 gates? You know we need to get out of here and back to the land of the living, what could the old fellow do, would he bring us back? What do we have to offer him, to make a plea, I don't know what he wants.

Erynion shook his head trying to shake the image of Virrin but he couldn't.

What do you want? I know you want free of this place as much as I do, you wouldn't have possessed me if I couldn't have got you out of the realm of torment. So you must hate this place too.

Erynion put his hand on his wrist and felt the key hidden in his vambrace.

I need to get out

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm

"You are right. We both want out. And I cannot say for certain that Oso, Ulairi, Samuel, or others would not want to kill you; but you couldn't promise that those priests of Lenamo wouldn't kill me. I'd rather try our luck with the darker or heart. As for J... the old man, you'd have to ask him what he'd be able to do. As for Thirteen Gates, you've already seen the first. Quayle opened it, when we were talking with Kity and Mikhail. Each gate is a conquest, a problem, a challenge. At the end of the thirteenth challenge, is the Chalice of Eremine. Anyone Soul, no matter what their state of being is, will be restored to their whole, living self."

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I doubt that thirteen challenges is a realistic way out. If it were everyone would have left. J..... Who is the old man Virrin? If this is a trick then I will go find the Priests of Lenamo, you know I will.

There was a silence before Erynion spoke again.

Lets at least talk to this old man. You will tell me his name first and how to find the Well of Echos? If we find a way out we will need to find a way for Sir Katy to escape as well.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 pm

"A very old name, all but forgotten until a couple of years ago... Jin'Ro. I ave no idea how to find the Well of Echoes, I don't know where they lurk, if they even still have a presence here. Ask around. Do I have to do everything around here?"

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Erynion rolled his eyes

Ok well lets go then, the barkeeper was helpful last time, and I bet he hears all kinds of other things in the tavern.

Erynion looks all round the forge, he had almost forgotten he was there. He walked through the door he had put a whole through with his arrow. He pushed it back up to where it should have been.

It was a long way back to the tavern, a good day and a halves travel. He took flight and flew down from the forge and was soon on his way back to the tavern he had been but a few days before.

Again you need me. If it wasn't for the wings you would have to walk and that would take a whole lot longer.

How about you tell me what you know of Jin'Ro as we've got a long flight ahead. If by some miracle we are able to find the Well of Echos then it would help to have an idea of what he's like.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 pm

With a full days travel behind them and with tired legs and wings, Erynion slumped against a tree.

I think that's enough for today. I need to rest. I fear that tomorrow will be a long day of talking to people. We should come up with a plan to find the Well of Echos.

This tree looks comfortable to sleep in. Well for an Elf. You need to talk to everyone you can, shoot them in the legs and they will offer more information.

We aren't going to shoot someone. I have a better idea, where would you go to find out information?

I don't need to go anywhere I know what I need to know

Ha, well as I'm not blessed with your knowledge I'm going to find a library. Someone as talented and powerful as Jin'Ro would be written about, and similarly the Well of Echos I'm sure will get a mention. If you do think of anything that could help us please feel free to share.

He then climbed the tree and found a comfortable branch before shutting his eyes and going to sleep.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Erynion woke up to the sound a big demon walking through the trees. He's didn't seem to notice Erynion sitting in the tree and walked past without even a glance up.

We need to go we are only half a day away from the tavern and I want to get there sooner rather than later.

Lets go then. If you hadn't slept we would be there already.

Erynion climbing do down from the tree and started walking towards the tavern.

What are you doing? Flying is quicker and let's face it, better than walking.

I need to think. We are in a wood and I want to be close to the trees. Helps me think.

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm

The tavern door was pushed open and Erynion walked in. It was mid afternoon and the tavern was empty, the bartender was arranging the chairs and tables, it looked like it had been busy the previous night.

Excuse me sir. I'd like to thank you for information about Nick Yossrune. I have a couple more questions, have you heard anything about The Well of Echos? I figured as you meet more people and demons than most you would be a good person to talk to. Also if you know if there is a library, there's someone I want to research.

Return to “The Hope Wastes”