A hard days night

Where the dead live on (dead characters only)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Erynion

A hard days night

Postby Erynion » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:34 pm

It had been a long day of flying when Erynion came down to rest. He was on his way to Morne Mountain but it was about a 2 1/2 days travel. After the first day of flying his wings were tired and greatly in need of a rest. He had spotted a small wood and landed in a great tree. Being a wood elf he was no stranger to sleeping in trees and found this one to be adiquate. The days flying wasn't boring. One of the advantages to being possessed meant you had someone to talk to. Well argue with. The demon had spent the whole journey cursing and arguing that they should have cut out the bar tenders tongue so he wouldn't tell anyone about them, and Erynion had spent the day telling the demon they got what they wanted and it was enough.

Erynion knew it was hopeless trying to get any sleep as the demon like to deprive him of sleep. It made his will weaker and it was easier for the demon to take control. Erynion knew it was only a matter of time before the demon would do something truely evil to someone he wanted to protect. But embracing the demon had made her slightly less intent on tormenting everyone. Erynion reolised that if the demon was granted some reign over him then she wouldn't push for complete control. Well at least not yet. Who knew what the demon wants in the long run.

Erynion closed his eyes and started to relax.

Dont worry I'm not sleeping, but you know as well as I do that we need rest or we can't go further. I know the only reason you are happy with us going to see this crafter is so you can cause more torment and pain to people. Now if I can't rest, you won't get what you want either.

You have 2 hours to sleep then we move whether you are mentally ready or not.
Erynion - Possessed wood elf - Dead again
Quinn - The jester - Dead
Anthony Landon - How much you paying?
Chase - The hunter - only nice character I seem to have :)

Erynion

Re: A hard days night

Postby Erynion » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:59 pm

After a few days of travel Erynion was finally flying into the shadow of Morne Mountain. After an hour of flying round and asking people about where Nick Yossrune could be found. Eventually he was directed to a building with a big door. He tried the handle but it was locked. He then banged hard and shouted

Nick Yossrune are you in? I have urgent business to discuss with you

Just kick the door in

And what? Travel all this way and get nothing!

He knocked again

Nick are you there

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm

**The door creaks open. Inside the building is darkness. The building itself is windowless, high and solid, possibly cut from a single block of stone. A humanoid shape flickers for a moment, two green eyes staring at the visitor.**

"Alright, let him in."

**The voice comes from deeper within the forge. The green-eyed figure melts away into the shadows. There is a small glow, possibly a candle towards the back of the chamber. As Erynion steps in, the door slams shut behind him.**

"Very unusual for a mortal soul to come to me. What can you do for me?"

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 am

Erynion walks cautiously further into the room. He was careful not to knock into anything in the dark.

Hello sir, I have an offer for you.

He pulled the sword, still with the hand attached from beneath his cloak and held it out in front of him.

I have here the Sword of life, and I was told on good authority that you may be able to make my bow strong and more powerful in return for this magnificent sword. If this is the case what could you do to my bow in return?

He pulled the sword back and took his bow from his back and awaited a response.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

"Nature's Wrath? Here? Good grief..."

**The room is suddenly brighter, as though a dozen lamps had just been lit. In one corner of the room is the forge itself: not very large, not very small, not very well cared-for. An anvil, a couple of hammers and a pair of bellows the size of a man are littered about the forge. In another corner is a small wooden table, and next to it a small wooden stool, upon which Yossrune is sat.**

"And just what's wrong with your bow, mistress daemon?"

**He sits back in the stool. He is an old, pale figure with a short, pointed grey beard. His eyes glimmer a faint green as he turns a small, curved knife in his hands.**

"Wouldn't you rather not live in that elf, and join with the Princes of the Hopewastes?

What is your name?"

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Erynion stepped back with a puzzled look on his face.

So what you proposing? The elf wants his bow made more powerful. It's not strong enough to protect us against some of the things down here. Oh and my name is Virrin. Could be interesting, but I'm a demon of torment and I sense I couldn't torment you like I do the elf.

He shook his head

Argghh, the demon isn't the one looking for a trade. Can you give me what I want in return for this sword or do I have to go find someone else?

It was obvious the elf was impatient and snappy from the demons content torment and lack of sleep due to the demon playing her games.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm

"Virrin... A lovely name. Torment... Not so much."

**He slowly rises, still twiddling the knife.**

"I'm not sure about the bow itself, but I could work on some arrowheads for you? Shouldn't be too challenging, after all, I was trained by one of the greatest. But of course, every student eventually surpasses his master. And, well, do you see Aratain anywhere around here? No. Because he is weak, and serves some pathetic god or other."

**Yossrune almost verges on anger.**

"In exchange for that sword, I can craft for you half a dozen arrowheads. By breaking the power of that blade, I can re-align the magic within the metal, mould it into a new form. To strike at the soul, perhaps?"

**He begins to pace**

"Or perhaps you would wish me simply to create for you a quiver whose contents will strike with twice the fury of a normal quarrel?"

**He gets a little closer, squinting a little at the elf; his green eyes lighting up**

"Or maybe even a new bow altogether? Yours is a simple design. If you give me some time, I could craft for you a great bow of shadow, oh yes.. A great bow indeed."

**He pauses a moment, then sinks back into the stool, all the while twirling a small, curved knife between his hands.**

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

A bow of shadow. Oh that would be good what would be able to do

NO!!! The quiver would be perfect. Twice the fury sounds like a great thing to have. If I take one of these options and I return the living will it be left down here

Erynion thought hard, he should knew he should listen to what the shadow magic could do but the thought of something that the demon likes is probably a bad idea.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

"What a shame you don't want to play, Virrin. I think we'd have a lot of... fun. But, torment... Hmmm."

**He sticks the knife in the table.**

"Well now, most people who manage to escape death's clutches take all of their belongings with them. I cannot see how this would be any different. As for twice the fury, well... An arrow itself is basically only as good as the archer who looses it. But my arrows carry that little bit of extra weight, that little bit of extra refinement. In the hands of the least-trained marksman, they would certainly strike your target twice as furiously. In the hands of an expert, even a small twig can be lethal..."

**He looks the elf up and down a little.**

"For you, I'd say it would add a fair amount of... lethality to your shots. As for the shadow bow... perhaps that is more of a princely weapon. Yes, perhaps I should try that one for myself..."

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Ah now you are trying to torment me. I think you should tell me what you could do if you made a shadow bow.

If I offered you Virrin with the sword would you increase the power you could offer?

The expression on Erynion's face changed, it turned into rage, Erynion started to look weak.

Ok stop Virrin stop.

His face returned to normal and took a deep breath.

Sorry Virrin doesn't like the idea of that. Even if I do. Tell me what the Bow you could create is capable of please

He lifted the Sword Of Life and held it in front of his face and looked toward Yossrune to remind him just how special it was.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 pm

**Yossrune thinks for a moment. The idea of this inner battle seems to amuse him a little...**

"I can't remember which circle it is, but such things are all possible under my people's power, but there is a Shadow spell that can cause a great deal of damage... Imagine, if you will an arrow, which unmade itself in mid flight, becoming a free mass of shadow magic. An expert marksman can place an arrow between his foe's eyes at a hundred paces; imagine being able to strike your enemy's entire body with a single shot..."

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 pm

**Before even giving Erynion a moment to think about what he just said, Yossrune continues.**

"There's huge scope for Shadow magic to be applied to your bow... I could do anything! Any old crafter could enchant it. Perhaps a bow that allowed you to cast magic? Or simply strikes with Shadow magic... There was a 'Storm Elf' around here until not all that long ago who could summon a bow that shot lightning at his targets, no reason a similar thing could not be conjured from shadows... Or even the sixth circle: Weyoun's Elemental Barrage. That would take some considerable skill, but naturally, I am more than qualified to craft such an artefact."

"I guess, since you're the... customer, I should let you choose what you want? As un-poetically as I can describe them: Shadow Enchantment, Shadow Srike, Shadow Blast or Shadow Barrage? Or, maybe you have another idea?"

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Erynion's face hardened. There were plenty of options worth considering.

Ooo shadow blast sounds like fun

No, I will choose. I don't want shadow powers, I've got to much darkness in me already. Would it be possible to have the quiver option but with the added bonus of knockdown with it?

It was visible that the elf was holding the demon back and stopping her having a say. But with every second he was looking weaker.

Peter Levy

Postby Peter Levy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

**The old daemon frowns slightly.**

"Very well, no shadow. The force of most arrows is enough to knock your target off his feet. It should not need any further craft in the point."

**He tilts his head at Erynion.**

"So, the Sword of Life..?"

**Yossrune holds out a long, wizened arm.**

Erynion

Postby Erynion » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:39 am

Erynion held out the sword of Life still held by Dellams hand, which was gently taken by the Demon.

Thank you Yossrune, if you don't mind I will wait while you work.

He walked back and sat down in the corner. He closed his eyes but again Virrins voice came into his head stopping him from sleeping.

Return to “The Hope Wastes”