The Vault: Tomb of the Gods

Beneath the Hope Wastes, beneath the Deep lies The Vault, the final resting place and prison of the fallen Gods.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

The Vault: Tomb of the Gods

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm

The heroes who had trod here had no name for this place beneath the Deep. Though some had suggested the Deepest or the Underdeep, neither summed up the horror of this place.

He had learned of it's existence from Kalist and Aquilla and now he had a use for it. No one had claimed power over this place and so he claimed it for himself, absorbed its dark power and shaped the world into both resting place and prison. None who entered this land could leave without his power.

For the first time the sun rose within this realm of darkness, not a yellow sun but an orb of dark red fire that scorched the land and cast deep, dark shadows.

Nickol was first to be imprisoned for he had already been sealed within this realm and then he summoned what remained of the other fallen gods: Eclipse, Neffekeffen, The Celestial Dragon, Annihilation, the orginal Eremethal and Velnashar himself.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Re: The Vault: Tomb of the Gods

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 am

He opened his eyes and looked down at himself, he appeared humanoid, his skin silver once more.

"Damn"

Silver

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: The Vault: Tomb of the Gods

Postby Ben » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 am

“Quayle.” the voice was soft and silky like the sound of a new pack of cards being riffled.
“Lady, to what do I owe this pleasure?”
“You have something I want.” that voice again. It awoke something within him he hadn’t felt since he was alive: the desire to gamble everything on a vague chance of success.
“And what could that be?” he was suspicious, it was unusual for Risk to show her hand in such a way.
“Silver.” She replied simply.
Quayle let out a small laugh “And what would you want with him?”
“His restoration is the outcome of a gamble.” She seemed placid but Quayle could sense her discomfort.
“Never gamble that which you cannot afford to lose. Or, in this case, that which you do not possess.” He smiled and he did so she was suddenly standing nose to nose with him, her eyes blazing.
“Do not lecture me.” She hissed dangerously, “a card was drawn.”
Quayle looked unperturbed but stepped back to regain his space “Those cards will be the Death of you.” He smiled again. “Only just restored and already in debt. What would happen to you if you were to be unable to fulfil your side of a bet?”
“I would cease to be.”
“You would be destroyed and it would be my pleasure, girl.” it was her turn to step back from Quayle's fury.
“Quayle. Please.” her tone was silken once more “I had a deal with Kan Slaar, the cards would kill as many as they returned. Restoring a god was...unplanned.”
“Then tell whoever drew the card that Silver cannot be chosen.”
“I cannot. The bet was made in good faith. Give me Silver. You owe me for Singe.”
Quayle laughed again “I paid for her with Nature’s Wrath. Besides, you wanted her back and without her you would be nothing. I think you owe me for Singe.”
“What if I were to give you Nature’s Wrath?”
“I don’t think it would match my outfit anymore.”
“Then what?”
“Three things. To rebalance this, the next time a card is used to kill it must kill a god. That god cannot be me. With the exception of this act the cards can no longer affect the gods.”
“Agreed.”
“Second, I claim the Sun card. Drawn the right way up they can choose something and I will destroy it. Drawn upside down and I will destroy that person...or something or someone important to them if I am feeling generous.”
Risk took a few seconds this time before replying “Agreed.”
“Finally, you are mine.”
“Pardon?”
“You. Are. Mine.”
A few moments passed “Agreed.”
Quayle smiled and within The Vault, a door opened and Silver was released, bursting through the Deep, through the Hope Wastes and into Velmaneth once more.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “The Vault”