Healing Centre (Central Tower)

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bauldin

Healing Centre (Central Tower)

Postby bauldin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:08 am

The Healing centre is a hustle and bustle of activity as everyone is trying to prepare for the incoming wounded stocks are being taken of what they and everyone has been called in for this, they are rotating there sleep as they wait for them all
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Bogof

Re: Healing Centre (Central Tower)

Postby Bogof » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:33 pm

Bartholemew enters the bustle, some looking to him with a slight worried smile, glad to see him though. That makes his stomach lurch, thinking that something very sinister was afoot and it had affected a lot of people. He stops one worried looking orderly and says, "Whats happened? Is there anything I can do?"

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:01 pm

As Batholemew enters in seems quiet but everyone is preparing for lots of casulties,
a bearded Healer comes over to him

Bartholemew can you help with the injuries from mishaps till they get here, I have just got word that they will be here very soon

A minute later Ralph walks in with Pedro
He calls out in a loud booming voice

Ok people we have incoming wounded lots of them, DO not use healing magic on them till you have checked with me, but you can diagnose them, there injuries are magic based we need to work out a way of removing all the magic from them then we can operate on them to heal them all, remember keep them stable and talk to them

Looking at various people

Arthur paul do triage
the rest of you you know what I expect

Minutes later PAtients start getting carried in on stretchers, the people on triage direct them to beds, and start performing Triage

Ralph and Pedro go over to a side room
Mike find some mages we need to nulify this area so all magic in this healing centre can be cleansed

**Ralph and Pedro**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 pm

Looking and Ralph and Pedro, Bartholemew lets his vision blur and allows the gift he has been given to appear before his eyes. He sees within Pedro and Ralph especially on their hands and in their lungs, small dots of dark flame, millions of them each hitting each cell close by killing them slowly. He also sees the flames staying where they both touch things, a door, a wall.He hurries up to them and says, "You are both in great danger. I have keen senses of diagnosis, more than any other, Wait here for a second." He turns and calls to an orderly to fetch hot water and soap in a bowl and also a scrubbing brush. "You have a disease on your skin and in your lungs I have never seen before, you are going to have to scrub yourselves clean all over and do not allow the water to spill or be poured away. I have seen in my land whole villages die before plague and I don't want to take any chances with this illness. You say that magic will not heal it? I will pray and see what treatment my old teachings will allow. If the others coming are infected likewise, we are going to have to set up some form of isolation, this will spread if we do not act quickly. The first thing is to remove as much of the infection from your skin as possible and we need pits dug, big ones. The dead and dying will infect the living and we need to find a way to keep the bodies safe as possible from spreading this."

He bustles about, his old knowledge of mundane healing and dealing with outbreaks of plague standing him in good stead. Its not long before he sets up a separate sluice room with a large tub of water that is constantly dispensed into washing bowls and getting all the scrubbing brushes he can muster together.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:58 pm

Pedro obeys and starts to clean himself off

Ralph yells
Do as Bartholemew says
Ok so once I have cleaned up I need to operate on these people there internal injuries can't be healed by magic

Ralph then goes and gets washed up

**Ralph**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Cnyrik has been directed to the base of the healing tower by one of the civilians he encounters. He looks around for someone that is not obviously engaged in matters of dire importance.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Raca Toron

Postby Raca Toron » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:33 pm

Almost an hour after the Ralph and his wagons arrive the second group of survivors can be seen approaching Pathway. Tatsuya can be seen at the head of the group still carrying the wounded child and Sir Kalistan can be seen on his horse with two wounded draped over the saddle. Ralph can see that the group is missing about a third of those that were left behind when he set off with the wagons.
Squire Gren Karrock, Armour Crafter of the Order of Light and Cancer of the Knights of the Zodiac

It was all going so well until, snow ninjas

Even the smallest light shines in the darkness

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:35 pm

Ralph comes out of a side room toweling himself off and heads towards his office to get clean clothes,

Bartholemew, clean enough for for you?

"Also who are you?" looking at Cnyrik

**Ralph**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:51 pm

Looking carefully at Ralph, the flames are still wthin his lungs, but he cannot clean those, but at least the flames on his skin seems to have been abated somewhat. "It will do for now, remember when you are operating, wear gloves, long glove, with any luck they will stop the infection before it hits your skin again. but wash in a clean bowl between patients, or the infection will spread further."

Looking at the second lot of wagons, Bartholemew is almost visibly drained by the sight his unique vision gives him. not so much the wagons and their occupants themselves, but more to the land behind them, he had not looked that way as yet and the immense amount of death and decay almost threaten to bring him back to a state of insanity. Though he knows he cannot wallow and cannot shirk. Work to be done and quickly.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 am

I know my operating procedure, I always operate clean unless in exceptional circumstance

Ralph gets to his office and changes into new clothes all clean
Then he goes off to the surgery room

Pedro once he has gotten changed, looks at the patients
We need to cleanse the contamination from this person before we operate, anyone got ideas, Tatsuya, any ideas on how to nullify this magic contamination

**Ralph and Pedro**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Raca Toron

Postby Raca Toron » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:17 am

*Tatsuya spots Ralph and Bartholemew as they head to the surgery room and heads towards them, many of the survivors trailing behind him. While he is still a fair distance from them he calls out*

"Ralph! We lost a number of them on the way. I've tried to heal those as I could but some just collapsed. There was nothing I could do"

*Sir Kalistan brings his horse to a stop at the gates to pathway. His face bears a soar under his eye and his undertunic has seems soden at the lower end of his left arm, which he moves gingerly as he handles the reigns. Addressing the captain of the gate guard*

"I am Sir Kalistan of the Order of Light. These people will be in need of shelter, please can you see to it that tents are errected and provisions are provided for those that require them"

**Tatsuya** **Sir Kalistan**
Last edited by Raca Toron on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squire Gren Karrock, Armour Crafter of the Order of Light and Cancer of the Knights of the Zodiac

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:19 am

Seeing the dark skinned Dragonkin, Bartholemew is struck by something, he can't quite put his finger on it until he sees the dark flames dancing within a short distance from him disappear. "Tatsuya is it? Would you care to place your hands over this person for a moment?" Pointing to the heavily contaminated person.

Raca Toron

Postby Raca Toron » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:28 am

*Tatsuya gives Bartholemew a strange look then bows to him and places his hands over the patient*

"I don't believe we have met. I am Kouhei Tatsuya and you are?

**Tatsuya**

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:45 am

Ralph is busy setting up his surgery area

Pedro looks at Tatsyua

Once they have been cleared of contamination, Ralph can operate and heal them

Crikey it might just work
Pedro casts diagnosis on the patient that Tatsuya puts his hand on

Crikey it seems to work the area has cleared where you put your hand

Ralph Ralph get out here quick we might have found a way to clear the contamination

Ralph comes out and looks at the patient he also cast diagnosis

Crikey yes a way to clear it
Tatsuya would I be allowed to try an new procedure I know it is called blood transfusion i would take you blood and then we could use to cleanse these people

**Ralph and Pedro**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Bogof

Postby Bogof » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:48 am

"I apologise, I am Bartholemew, I try to tend to those that need my help. Forgive my strange hair eyes and fingernails. The result of a ritual I took part in many months ago now...it gave me the gift of seeing the ailments of others with only my eyesight. You seem to be able to kill off the dark flames I see dancing at least on the skin of those you touch. We could use your help if this lasts, to at least avoid letting these filaments of flame I see entering bodies when we try to heal their injuries." Bartholemew pulls up his sleeves and dons a pair of leather gloves, with care he lifts one of the members of the wagon down and places them on a cot, dismayed at the state of him, he turns, kneels and prays for him, then adds a prayer to all needing help over this terrible disease. Getting back up, he gets a fresh bowl and brush and starts to wash the blood off as best he can, weeping silent tears as the brush seems to pull skin off as well as remove the flames.

Return to “Pathway”