Healing Centre (Central Tower)

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Re: Healing Centre (Central Tower)

Postby Edd » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:28 pm

**Kalist's spells don't reach the elves, his cries falling on deaf ears. As Aquilla dispatches the last of the orcs, he turns to survay the area. He is dressed differently, in a robe of black and silver, chainmail glinting undereneath. He wears plate on his legs and arms, and fights with a shield. In his hand howver, is the same ancestorial sword that those who know him remember. He wipes the blood from it and sheaths it next to its twin. His eyes glaze over the portal, apparently seeing nothing. He then double takes, staring into the rift. His eyes widen then narrow, as if he is squinting to see something.**

"K...Kalist?"

**Adreana moves closer to him, she places a hand on his shoulder. Looking to where the portal must be, but seeing nothing.**

"What? Kalist? I thought you said they were gone. The Change...how can...?"

**Aquilla shakes his head, confused. And stares again at where he thought he saw his friend.**

"It...it can't be...but I swear I thought I saw him...and heard Hope...she...I..."

**He moves towards the portal, his hand as if it's about to reach through...as it gets within a hairs bredth of the portal, lightning crackles and thunder booms, and the portal closes in on itself, once more sealing Aquilla and Adreana in The Western Realms.**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Takes place prior to Night of the Living Dead

As the window closes Kalist sinks to the floor, 'This can't be right... that was not Valmaneth... what is happening...'

Safe within his room he drifts into slumber, his dreams disturbed, and the room brgins to glow a soft white and silver, a voice reaches through and calms him, his Mistress touches his soul and speaks to the Hopebringer.

Almost instantly after the glow fades he awakens, eyes wide in surety of what he has to do. He moves around the room and places Grenasil's dagger upon a chest of drawers and quickly pens a note for whoever finds it...

Kan Slarr is in need of aid, the Night is come for heroes to return.

Someone will come with word of what occurs should we not.

Hope be with you always

With a short explanation made the note finds itself pinned down by the blade and before he can be disturbed by anyone he vanishes into the light. ((snapcast Teleport))
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm

The healing centre is thrown into chaos as the injured are brought in, some being carried by others, some on makeshift stretchers, whilst others are stumbling in by themselves clutching at various wounds. As the beds in the first rooms begin to fill with casualties new comers are being placed in chairs as more space is found for still more injured being brought in. Aviendha scans the rooms looking for the senior healers. As a a tall slim water elf passes by she grabs him by the shoulders whirling him round to face her,
"Celrik, I need you to form a team, quickly assess the injured here and find the ones that are stable enough to be moved. Take them up to the higher levels, they can be treated there. Find Geltan, he can assist you. I trust in your capabilities as healers and your ability to keep a cool head."
She releases his shoulders sending him about his tasks. She quickly scans the room again before setting eyes on a stocky dwarven woman.
"Calli. Calli." Aviendha finds it difficult to make herself heard above the agonised screaming of the injured, but eventually the dwarf turns looking for the one who calls her name. Aviendha slips through the crowded room to meet Calli as she makes her way through the crowd.
"I need you to go to the store rooms, take all the bandages you can find and distribute them through the rooms... starting with the lower levels first. When you are done I want you to find all the clean sheets you can then tear them to make more bandages, even with these makeshift dressings I don't think we will have enough. Take Tilka with you to help with the distribution and send Strellin and Frima out of the tower to find more bandages."

Having given out her orders Aviendha turns to the nearest patient. He is a human nearing his middle years, his hair has long since begun to recede yet still maintains a dark shade. There is a large gash running down the calf of his left leg. Blood is flowing smoothly from the wound forming a pool that is dripping onto the floor. Aviendha reaches out with both hands and begins to work at the skin around the wound, fingers working deftly in a massage pattern that stimulates pressure points under the skins surface. When these pressure points are stimulated they encourage the body to mend itself and heal. Aviendha's brows knot in frustration as her fingers slip on the skins bloody surface and her massaging fails to activate the pressure points. She calls to a nearby healer,
"Bethan, bring over some strong twine. The wound is too large, the blood flow too strong. I need you to tie the twine tight above the knee. I am going to amputate"
The mans eyes fill with panic and he tries to push himself upright. Aviendha moves so she is standing over his head. She firmly pushes him back down by putting weight on his shoulders. She makes her voice as calming as she can,
"It will be ok, I can grow it back, you wont even feel it i promise."
She places her hands to either side of his head.
"Lord Lenamo. I ask that you watch over this man in this time of pain. Fill him with your calming grace that he may feel no pain, no suffering only the joy of your beautiful enlightening presence." (OOC Ease Pain)
Aviendha looks around the room and sees one of Pathways guards bringing in more injured. She hurries accross the room and draws his sword from his scabard, with a hasty apology, before hurrying back to her patient. She clears some space around herself and the patient before she swings the sword in an unpractised manner bringing it down on the mans knee. The leg separates from his body and she allows the sword to fall to the ground with a clatter as she quickly takes hold of the leg and holds it to the stump.
"I call upon the blessings of Lord Lemano as I reach into the teachings he has blessed me with. The ancient training of the magics of life, I call upon them now as I weave the flows of life to mend this limb, I reknit the bones that flesh may meet flesh that the ligaments, tendons and muscle may be renewed. May the limb be whole one more." (OOC Restore Limb)
The flesh of the severed limb and stump seem to writhe and grow as the stretch to meet together where they fuse, creating a long puckered scar that slowly begins to fade a little.
"There will always be a scar but you will walk again"
Aviendha heals his limb before helping him to his feet. Looking at her hands they are no longer their usual pale silver but instead are red with the mans blood. She hurries over to the nearest sink before moving on to the next patient.

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:43 pm

After seeing the sudden rush of people going into the healing centre Elioli makes her way inside;

"Who's in charge here? How can I help?"

Before waiting for an answer she moves to the people left on chairs and begins to find any that need imediate attention. Shouting generally at nobody she again asks;

"Where can the critical people go? These people need more than chairs!"

Elioli
Fulica - Air Elf Scout - You know the rest
Elioli - Telefret Druid - Descendant of the original Haran
Blaize - Unholy Champion of Helistos - With a melted face
"There are biscuits up ahead, shall I load my biscuit?"

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Aviendha sees to woman who has entered to healing centre. She wipes off as much blood from her hands as she can as she crosses the room to the shouting woman,
"As you can see we are being over run with injured, If you want to help then you can either assist with the healing or find Celrick. He is in charge of getting these people moved. Just look for the tallest water elf, he is atleast a head and a half taller than myself." Aviendha holds out a slightly blood stained hand before thinking.
"Umm perhaps best not to shake, my name is Aviendha and you help is greatly appreciated."

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Alice

Postby Alice » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Elioli moves towards Avienda as an injured man stumbles into her falling unconcious and staining her robes with blood pouring from a wound in his side, She catches him and tries to place him on the ground as gently as possible.

"OK well I'll just get to healing then"
She presses her hands against the wound and turning to the nearest porter she says:
"Could I have a little help getting him into a bed please? Lenanuki be with this man, fill him with your light and prevent his wounds from worsening. (OOC heal1) That should stop his bleeding so we can ascertain how bad his injuries are. Get him to a bed... or whatever you can, I'll be there in a second"

She turns to Avienda
"I'm Elioli by the way.. just call me El. I'm a member of the militia. If there is anyone without healing training to spare I could use him to send a message from me to General Uthred asking him to send all the healers he can spare from the fort. Excuse me, I must see to this man."

With that Elioli turns to where the injured man was taken and begins to heal him.

Elioli

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Aviendha grabs hold of a porters arm as he moves past her spinning him around to face her.
"I need you to run to the fort. Find General Uthred, tell him that Elioli requests that he sends any healers he can spare to the healing centre." She pauses briefly. With nothing else to add to the message she pushes him towards the door.
"And Jacob .... RUN!"
Aviendha turns to another injured patient, as she begins to assess his wounds she calls over to a slim woman in the white robes of an apprentice healer who is hovering uncertainly near a recently healed goblin.
"Xelkira, find someone to begin mopping up the blood then begin healing another patient." Her voice is firm but not unkindly, and the slim woman quickly sets about the tasks she has been given.

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Aviendha cleans her hands of still more blood whilst she gives instructions to a woman to keep her bandages clean and dry. She glances down at her waist and notices the soft glow emitting from her belt pouches. Reaching in her hand she closes her fingers around a stone that is slightly warm to the touch she pulls it out and opens her fingers. She looks at it consideringly before searching the room for a senior healer.

Aviendha crosses the room swiftly to catch the attention of a male brown shurikan. "Bergin, I have to leave the healing centre, I trust that you can keep the healing centre running as smoothly as the circumstances will allow. With luck I shall be returning soon."

Aviendha leaves the room making her way to her office to collect the necessary belongings she will need before making her way to the Shrine of Gerethanax.

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 pm

That evening, several people return to pathway. Three of them accompany Aviendha back to the healing centre - two life elves and a strange creature apparently made entirely out of glass, or to those with more keen eyes watching him glitter in the torchlight, perhaps even diamond.

Zemepatis walks with the heavy tread of the incredibly fatigued, but there is a gentle smile on his face as he follows in Aviendha's wake. And how could there not be? His lord restored, his body reformed, he has endured the most trying test of his long life. As they enter the healing centre, he takes in the barely controlled chaos of the scene and nods. He turns to Aviendha.

"We shall help them endure. Help you endure. It is the least I can do for you now." He smiles to her, and to his two friends. "But perhaps first, we should eat."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm

" I am out of power for the rest of today. Food sounds good, then in the morning I can help with healing. Unless someone is willing to share? "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:15 am

Rilla nods in agreement as her friends speak. "Regetfully, Lady Aviendha, I too am drained of power; only rest and prayer will restore me now." She then adds with a slight smile, "I could however, perhaps assist in a more mundane fashion; I do have bandages for example, which might help some of the patients to endure," with a smile at Zem, " a little longer, until someone with power can help them. I am at your service, My Lady."

"Rilla"
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

The next day, with rests for medation, Fionan pitches in helping the healers. ( Basically he spends his time hugging people to Life and Meditating ).

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 am

*A human male dressed in a green and gold tabard enters the tower*

"I'm looking for a feline called Haze. Has anyone seen her?"
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 pm

*Hearing that the Harran is in Pathway Elioli leaves the healing centre in the direction of the fort*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Fionan answers,
" I don't know a feline called Haze, the only feline we have here is the black furred gentleman on the bed over there. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Return to “Pathway”