Healing Centre (Central Tower)

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Re: Healing Centre (Central Tower)

Postby Blue mage » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:02 pm

((Has not lied once))

The knight nods, politely, and bows, just as before, then leaves, taking the air of unease with him.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Watching the knight leave Warryn seems slightly put out. Standing up he looks at Shogo.

I wish you wouldn't do that sometimes, and don't deny it. I know when you do your hand dances. Still, I think it's for the better, I think that some people here were uneasy. I believe that they couldn't pick up enough courage to talk to him, maybe it was his dark eyes...

Warryn lets the tiniest smile reach the corner of his mouth and then his face returns to it's solid state the second the fire elf walks in.
His eyes follow the fire elf the whole way through the room. Not in a hostile way, more an innocent curiosity. He tilts and head and speaks to the newcomer, quietly at first but gathering confidence.

Don't I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar...

The elf waits for a reply, the puzzling feeling displayed in his body language, eager for an answer.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Haze relaxes slightly at Warryn's words, avoiding eye contact by watching his lips.

"If the knife is hurting you or your god, you are welcome to try and move it. But I will not let it be taken from Kalist anymore than I would let an enemy take your shield from you while you slept." She lowers her voice. "You are an ally of mine and I would be honoured if you would travel with me to my island to save my kin from the medari who are trying to slaughter them. In return, I would gladly help you with your mission."

At the sound of the fire elf approaching, she hisses aggressively again and spins round to watch him.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Warryn smiles at Haze, this time he does look her in the eyes but not as a sign of disrespect, more because he was glad she was using language and analogies he could understand.

I have and had no intention of keeping the knife, if it belongs to Kalist then of course it shall remain with him. You are very devout and loyal to your friends and protecting them, have you considered the teachings of the god of Protection. I know you have your own diety, the spirit of the forest, but I think there are a great many opportunities for you in the Church of Gerethanax. Only if you wanted to of course... I would not push you.

Then in as low a tone as he could muster

I will gladly help you, as I promised you I would before. I am glad you consider me an ally, it seems they are few and far between these days
he pauses to smile
You also do not need to help me on my endeavor though your help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to help you so I can gain, I want to help you because I said I would. It seems I'm getting used to fighting werewolves aswell, it's all I seem to do.

He looks at Shogo and smiles. Then continues in his quiet voice.

Anyway as long as Shogo is throwing rocks around I have to follow and make sure the proper people are respected. Thus I accept, to be honest I was hoping you'd ask, it gives me a chance to recruit some people.

His voice returns to it;s normal volume and he speaks to himself Now then, this knife, erm Shogo? If this is the same knife that nearly killed you doesn't someone who follows all that light stuff have to pull it out? I can't pull it out, bright lights hurt my head, and you glow in the daytime... Would you like to give it a go? I will ask the Earth for it's permission to remove it.

He kneels down, his shield layed out in front of him and from a puch he produces 5 stones from it. each of them fairly ordinary looking, each of them dull and boring. (Those on the Island will recognise them as the stones taken from the future)
Warryn places the stones on his shield, one to the north, south, east and west respectively and the largest in the centre. This all looks like a rather odd affair, members of the healing centre rolling their eyes at the idiocy of religion. However ignoring them completely Warryn begins to talk in his monotonous voice,

LORD OF THE EA...

He pauses, looking first at Haze and then at everyone in the Healing Centre,

Don't suppose anyone would like to join in would they? plenty of room...

he then continues...

LORD OF THE EARTH
GOD OF PROTECTION
PARAGON OF DEFENCE
It's me, Warryn... again.
I'm aware this is a bad day for you, being stabbed and all.
But there are people here who really need that knife to protect others.
Though you hold it, with rock-like grip,
with the firmness of the earth,
and the strength of stone,
I ask you to release this weapon from your hold.
With it, great things can be achieved,
your precious Earth can be saved.
So please, oh Great God of the Earth,
let this knife go.
Thankyou.

Warryn closes his eyes when he finishes, his arms stretched outwards, clearly waiting for something to happen... wondering when Shogo will pull out the knife...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Halfway through Warryn's speech, Acalimon wraps the strap of his bag over his hand and tries to grasp the knife in the floor.
(OOC: does this work?)
He speaks to Haze. "I was asked to see if there is something I could do to help with the Demon Werewolf. I don't need the knife, only the blood on it, and I might be able to make something. What do you have? A weapon - some Star Tear? There might be a way to work together in this."
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 pm

As Warryn accuses him, Shogo holds his hands up in mock innocence.

"What?! I did nothing! As you said, I can't cast spells."

He grins cheekily for a second before his face becoming serious again.

"I'm sorry, but he was dangerous. His faith could lead him to dark deeds. While we have his word that he will not harm us here, those he labels as his enemy should be wary..."

He listens to Warryn's prayer in silence, making a few sigils before the earth elf finishes and watches as Ancillamon tries to take the dagger...

~ Shogo Matsumoto
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 am

Still intently watching the fire elf, Haze smirks to herself.

"I'm just an animal," she points out sarcastically to Ancalimon. "Why would you want to work with me?"
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:24 am

As Haze devalues herself, Shogog recognises the sarcasm, yet still bows low his eyes averted - a mark of respect to signify that he values himself lower than he values her.

~ Shogo Matsumoto
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:09 pm

((OOC. Glamour is not a command spell. You can suggest something that the target will believe until they have reason to think otherwise, but 'you should leave', they would not be compelled to do other than they would have anyway, the response of 'perhaps i should, but Im not going to' being quite likely. "It would be best for everyone if you leave" would be a more appropriate wording, for future reference, and depending on someone's manners, could well work perfectly :) ))
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Ancalimon breathes in and out, slowly, then pushes his glasses up his nose.
"I - alright. Evidently I've offended you. So... You don't have to like me, or me you - I'm interested in the Demon Werewolf. We will have a better chance of stopping him if we work together. You can understand that?"

It's only a game.

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Haze bares her sharp teeth in a fierce grin.

"Yes, I'm able to understand that. But why should i trust someone who doesn't even respect my kin? You may decide that I am not clever enough to be trusted with such a weapon and try to steal it."
Characters:

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:13 pm

With a heave, Ancalimon pulls the dagger out of the floor. He inspects the blade by peering short-sighted over his glasses at it and sighs, his shoulders sagging.
"My race...hasn't been the most reliable in that respect, have they? All I can say is that I'm not interested in your weapon - well, not in stealing it. I wouldn't - I'm not a fighter, so there's, no point in me taking it, and somone who is better with such a weapon would be wiser to keep it."

((Edd: text in red is a lie. Also, would Sense Power 3 detected any magic coming from Shogo?))

It's only a game.

Chee

Postby Chee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 pm

**Dreth'Kar leaves Kalists side and heads wests to find the nearest docks**
Last edited by Chee on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:11 pm

**The dagger exposed to the blood of the Demon Werewolf begins spinning and crackling with lightning. Fast as a flash, it cuts through the air, creating some form of rift. Through the rift two fuzzy shapes can be seen.

As people look closer, it's clear that the figures are Aquilla and Adreana. They seem unaware that they are being watched, and are fighting some sort of Orc figures, except their skin is green rather than black...**

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Amncalimn jerks backwards, alarmed, as soon as the show starts and nearly topples over backwards. Once the portal opens, he shuffles backwards a bit to get a better view and relax slightly, as well as looking at the dagger as it spins.
"I think somone doesn't want me to experiment on this."

It's only a game.

Return to “Pathway”