Uthreds Office

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Re: Uthreds Office

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am

Given room by Fionan, Rilla follows his example, with her natural healing ability. She stands at the end of the desk and gently places her hands either side of the patient's head (OOC: Going on the basis that holding hands is sufficient, I'm guessing that this should also work: Activating Warming Touch)

*Ruilsara (Rilla to friends)*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 pm

**Fionan and Rilla's efforts seem to have no effect as Zemepatis continues to work until at last he removes the final tiny piece of metal from the wound. At which point healing, dramatically, continues to have no effect... **

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:50 pm

"It's not working; there must something else preventing it." She continues to focus, but looks around the room. "Does anyone here know what else might be working against us here? Could it be the poison?" She looks at Zem as she says this last.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm

**Quayle looks concerned**

"I don't know, I believe the metal in the arrow is Pureshard a metal that surrounds the jewel of the world and stops the magic escaping in an uncontrolled way."

**He looks through the window towards the Heartlands**

"I think that whoever did this was aware of its properties and used it to break through the Emperor's magical protections. Even if it could be distilled into a liquid or disolved somehow, why bother? We've seen how effective it is already."

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Rilla nods, but looks worried "I understand, but there is still something that is blocking out efforts to heal this person and we need to find it and get it away from him." She frowns and if the bowl of Pureshard pieces is still anywhere nearby, tilts her head towards it. "Perhaps we should get that out of here as well"

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 pm

**Uthred see's a letter left on his desk and begins to read it, as he reads down the page he begins to scowl until there is a look of utter rage on his face**

'THEY DARE!'

**He then looks at the huge group of people cluttering his office, he points to Zemepatis and Fionan**

'You two stay here and continue to work on the 'Emperor' the rest of you if your aren't members of my command leave now, and just so we are clear that isn't a request'

**He then hands the letter to Inglebert and when he has finished reading passes it to Quayle**

'Make demands of me..... what about thir war crimes!'

**He then looks at Inglebert**

'I want you to take 3 companies and Bubbles and Mutley and reinforce our border with the Heartlands,this isn't a popularity patrol, I want the border locked down for the time being'

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Alice

Postby Alice » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 pm

*El tries to read the letter over Quayles shoulder, unsuccessfully. so gives up and simply asks Uthred quite obviously*

"Who?"

***Elioli***
Fulica - Air Elf Scout - You know the rest
Elioli - Telefret Druid - Descendant of the original Haran
Blaize - Unholy Champion of Helistos - With a melted face
"There are biscuits up ahead, shall I load my biscuit?"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:16 pm

**Reads the letter thoughtfully**

"Uthred, there's no point in reinforcing the border with the Heartlands, no one can survive out there for more than a few hours...perhaps days with the right precautions. Those who survived the radiation are living in the forts with us.

We sent out more than a few of these when I was in the resistance. We never expected anyone to acquiesce to our demands, we sent them so that no matter that we did we could console ourselves that 'we warned them'.

It's pretty inaccurate. The heroes who killed Erathil were directly opposed to the Haran, I do not remember anyone working for the Haran since the fall of Pathway and before then we couldn't have even gotten in so that disputes that claim."

**He stops for a few seconds, re-reading the next part of the message before continuing quietly**

"The Haran had nothing to do with reopening the Well, yes he was opening his own...at least that's what we were lead to believe, I don't recall seeing any proof, but that action didn't cause anyone to be hurt as far as I know. That was caused by our reaction.

It's been signed off with a tilde which is interesting, though it could just be a flourish of the pen, it could also be a clue. The tilde is a symbol of change, in language it changes the sound of a letter, usually a vowel."

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

With the last of the metal removed, Zemepatis looks down at his patient with some considerable concern. He gathers up the shards and the bolt into one bundle and hands them carefully to one of the guards. "Please remove these from the building, but keep them safe. I may request their return shortly."

As the guard departs he picks a few more tools from his bag, and speaks to the gathered mercenaries without looking at them. "I am afraid that I am rapidly running out of expertise. Unless we can swiftly discover the nature of this attack and find a way to heal this man, he will die. And I have never encountered anything like this. I will do what I can to close his wounds, but if there is poison in the bolt I am far too late to remove it now, and I would not have the skill to neutralise it by magic or potion even id I knew what it was. And, if you want some more unsettling news, the wound in this man's back before I begun my work took the form of the mark of Dakron. The red cross on a white, or in this case, skin-tone background. Quite a feat considering the implement used."

His speech concluded and judging the package to be sufficiently distant from his patient, he attempts one final shot at magical healing.

"Lord of Earth, grant this one the strength to Endure." ((Heal 1))
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Ruilsara has not moved from where she was standing, trying to feed warmth and life energy into the patient. She is quietly murmuring prayers to the Celestial Dragon for guidance

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 pm

**With the removal of the shards from the immediate area magic returns and the wounds begin to seal up**

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:12 am

"Celestial Dragon be praised!" Ruilsara exclaims as finally the healing warmth begins to work on the patient before her. "Sirs, he is healing!"

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:41 am

**A dangerous and angry look passes across Uthred's face**

'I thought I instructed all bar two of you to leave......'

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Callum

Postby Callum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:04 am

**bubbles crammed in to a corner shouts to uthred**

"inglebert left a while ago to help someone"
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:32 am

Zemepatis smiles as his magic finally takes effect, and begins to cast another spell immediately after. "Lord of the Earth, I call upon your wisdom." (Diagnosis) That done, he looks up at Rilla. "Ruilsara, please do not antagonise the gentleman. Fionan and I have the situation under control."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Return to “Pathway”