Just outside the Healing Centre

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Re: Just outside the Healing Centre

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 pm

The black knight smiles coldly.
Brave but foolish purhaps...noble too. But maybe too sentimental for an Earth elf? Ah well...
He thought about the reaction of the divine uspurper and analysed the issue. On one hand, many people would die form this, which was no bad thing to Klarik. On the other, he DID just almost kill the elf in Pathway of all places. And it was not impossible that if this Paladin ursuped Gerethenax, that he could now wage war on Klarik's God...
The black knight held down the top of his hood and followed behind the group moving the unconscious earth elf, muttering something about a "stupid Paladin that likes to show off his powers of sludge and mud".
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Warryn chucked to himself, he had been hit too many times by rocks in the last few weeks, and this time he was ready.

As the Pillar of Earth burst out of the ground, right underneath his feet the elf leapt into the air. He flipped forwards, his feet in the air and his head towards the ground, completely upside down. He held his shield flat, horizontal to the earth and facing down as the pillar smashed into it. (Supernatural Supreme Dodge) This lifted him high into the air, a feeling he was not at all comfortable with. As he reached the apex of his ascent he looked down, and a look of fear geniunely upon his face. He felt like an air elf. And air elves tended to die...

As he flew towards the earth the people of pathway could hear

Is this the kind of God you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttt?...

The Earth Elf hit the ground, facing upwards and his shield resting on his chest. The ground cracked on impact. Blood pooled around his head, collecting in the cracks of the earth...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Then almost as soon as it had started the blood stopped. (Regenerate 2 to the head and 1 to all locations).

Warryn murmured, and then slowly stood up, unsure of why he couldnt feel the earth beneath him. As the people of Pathway realised he was awake they dropped him in surprise. The Elf hit the ground hard, knocking him unconscious yet again. Then as before he awoke (regenerate 1 to the head). He sat up, looking at the people.

Thankyou.

Then outloud to himself and addressed at the rubble in the centre of pathway:

That was new... Still, I think i was wrong about my enemy being scared. I'd say terrified.

As he spoke his skin seemed to heal. His body improving and his stance getting stronger. (Regenerate all locations to max hits).

Still hiding though...

The Elf threw back his head and began to yell, coughing up blood as he did, stopping, and then continuing.

See, the usurper cannot defeat a messenger of the TRUE God of Earth! He is a liar, a thief and a murderer! Will none of you help? Will NO-ONE defend their beliefs?

The elf coughs blood again, walking over to the rubble, resting on the shoulders of people of Pathway, thanking each of them as he does.

This was the most emotive Warryn had ever been, except perhaps for the death of his friends. He would have to be as strong as the Earth. His Earth. His God's Earth.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

The black knight wandered over to the wounded elf, chuckling to himself in the cold, toneless, breathless voice.
A bit in over your head maybe?
His smile left him and he took on his dark appearance as though he changed the colour of his emotions like clothing.
Interesting that you have become such a thorn in the side of this usurper, elf. Need a helping hand? My offer from before still stands...
The tone was not pleasent nor kind, but then it never had been. It sounded like a promise a hit-man made to a client, or an assassin's pledge to kill a target with their life on the line.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:42 pm

The Elf smiles,

Yes I was over my head, did you not see my body fly up into the air... though I don't see what my physical position 5 minutes ago has anything to do with anything?

he seems puzzled, not at all understanding the phrase 'in over your head'

I will accept your offer. I thankyou for your participation.

He kneels down, and picks up a small stone, only about 2 inches in diameter, but smoothed. He holds it out to Klarick, palm upwards.

Please take this, and when I need your help you will know. When I call, will you please arrive at my shrine outside of pathway, to the north. There we shall begin.

The earth Elf's face returns to a grim stare, matching klaricks, though not with malcontent, more a deep seated stubborness.

Shogo had not liked this man, and felt that he was dangerous. But help was help, and Warryn needed all he could get.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Klarik nods and bows politely in a typical knightly way, taking the stone from Warryn, graciously.
I have no where to go otherwise, so I shall be heading there now. I await your return, may Quarin bless our mission to our favour, and bless you.
The black knight nodded and taking a few steps back, melted away into the crowd. Warryn could see a black cloaked figure moving north, pulling the shield off his back and holding it proudly.

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Marcus' head snaps round from shouting at Kar, feeling the tremors even from the edges of Pathway. Shock flashes across his face, quickly being replaced by worry.

"Kar! You coming?"

Without waiting for an answer, Marcus sprints as fast as his legs and his armour will allow in the direction of the epicentre. As he reaches the Healing centre, he spots Warryn and a strange figure he does not recognise. Taking one look at his friend's injuries he rushes to Warryn's side.

"Warryn!" Marcus calls, concern evident in his tone. As he nears Warryn, Marcus starts to pray, holding his arms wide in supplication to Hope.

"This is the time and this is the hour,
O Lady of Hope, grant me thy power
To aid mine allies and hinder thy foes,
To spread thy will wherever I go.

This is the time and this is the place,
O Lady of Hope, grant me thy grace,
My gentle Lady, to heal and to hearten,
To return these threads to their proper pattern."

((OOC - Healing Hand: All locations to 1, heal 30 on Warryn; Regneration 1 activated on self))

As Marcus places his hands upon Warryn, his face turns ashen, and he is driven to his knees as he feels Warryn's physical pain.

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:34 pm

At the elf's name being called by a potential ally, the black knight stops in his path and turns, gazing in the direction of Warryn, holding his hood down over his head, hiding his features. He walks slowly, the rethinks his moves and turns abruptly, moving back to Warryn, but holds back from being in direct sight, instead of taking direct action choosing to remain passive for the time.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Warryn watches the knight go. He had fought followers of Quaran before in the future, they had corrupted his shrine on the Isle and he would keep a close eye on Klarick. Still his shield was tiny, so he probably wasn't a threat.

Rembering that his God was last seen at Warryns shrine he knelt down and prayed silently.

My Lord, a Knight of the God of Death is approaching my shrine. I do not think you need to fear him, but I would still be cautious... I hope you don't find me patronising lord.

As Marcus rushes out towards Warryn and into the centre of the clearing he looks confused. As The warrior priest rests his hands upon the elf he realises what he is attempting to do.

Erm, what are you doing? I'm fine...

The Elf looks confused... but then turns round and begins preaching again, staring at the Rubble, wary of danger.

Just as he is half way through the words Illegitimate fool he turns to Marcus and casually says,

Marcus? you might want to stand back, this tends to get messy.

So Onyx, you failure, you excuse for a diety! Have you got nothing else to say? You can't even successfully smite a follower of the REAL God of Earth. All you are doing is strengthening OUR cause. You are nothing, you will break as waves upon mountains! I call you, Adventurers and Peoples of Pathway! Fight the False God! Return to Gerethanax!!
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 pm

The Elf takes a breath, dust and blood in his lungs beginning to clear. His hands move to symbols, his body moving in a poorly performed version of Shogo's casting. Instead of speaking the prayers to his God he called upon the Earth within himself. Realising that he could not ask for anything more from Gerethanax.

(Shield of the Elements 4)
(Earthskin)
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Marcus flinches at the vehement nature of Warryn's words, and takes a step back, looking about himself cautiously. As he did so, he silently cursed himself for making himself look a fool in front of Warryn. Not that I ever had any trouble doing that., he muses.

Marcus simply says, "Have Hope my friend. Good will always unite against Evil." ((OOC - Hope's Vitality: Every ally within 40ft gains 1 extra location hit per location until sunrise, as Hope blesses them. [Klarik need not worry about being harmed, Marcus doesn't know he exists, and so Klarik isn't an ally.]))

Under his breath, Marcus again recites the prayer to Hope his father taught him as a child.

This is the time and this is the hour,

((OOC - Armour of Hope 6 activated.))

"More will come Warryn, I am sure of that. And we shall defeat this Onyx."

**Marcus**

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm

A young earth elf bursts out of the crowd, a red sun carved into his face, blood running down his skin and knife still in hand. His eyes are wild and he stares at Warryn, Marcus and the rest of the crowd. ((Sense power 5)) He chuckles slightly.

"You mock our Lord? You call upon the silent god of the earth? Hah, what has he done for anyone, apart from you, his lacky! Lord Onyx has shown his strength, has shown his true might. He smites down those weak followers of Gerethenax, and has reduced your 'god' to an old man. Lord Onyx has taken his rightful place as the lord of earth, his power is greater than any here, he took the ownership of the crown of earth, and he wields its power now, and you shall all fall!"

He throws out his arms... ((Earthstorm 5))

The storm of earth magic bursts outwards. It bounces from Warryn's shielding but tears into the citizens nearby. Windows are smashed in, doors are thrown of of hinges, Marcus' armour takes the blow, as does Klaric's, but the citizens fall to the floor, everyone of them unconsious and bleeding. Pathway's defences' tear at the young elf, and he slumps to the floor, blood pouring from his mouth as he speaks his last words...

"You can save yourself...but not others....just like your god..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Witnessing the destruction wrought by the young earth elf, Marcus is clearly distraught, anguish written across his face at the despair that the elf's actions have wrought. Holding his hammer aloft, he immediately begins to incant his childhood prayer:

"This is the time and this is the hour,

This is the time and this is the place,
O Lady of Hope, grant me thy grace,
My gentle Lady, to heal and to hearten,
To return these threads to their proper pattern."

((OOC - Healing Word: Mass Heal 2 to all citizens injured [They take 3 points of healing to where they need it most]))

**Marcus**

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Klarik hisses as the earth magic strikes his armour, cursing the fact that he will need to have it repaired now. Cold anger runs through his viens and moves over to the body, dabbing his fingers in the young elf's blood, whispers a prayer and paints the sign of Firin/Quarin on his forehead. He then stands, letting the blood drip from his finger tips and turns towards to Warryn and Marcus.
I assume this means I have no choice. Glad as I am that Onyx is bringing death, this is a bit too chaotic for my liking.
His lips move into a snarling position, and a ferral growl escapes him.

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Marcus gazes at the figure of the dark knight in front of him.

"I'm sorry ... who the hell are you? And what was that symbol you drew on that elf's forehead?"

**Marcus**

Return to “Pathway”