Just outside the Healing Centre

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Re: Just outside the Healing Centre

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Warryn is shocked, then angry, and then calm again. Abnormally fast for such a slow creature he runs forwards straight at the body of the Elf. Forgetting his place and barking orders at Marcus.

GET HELP! Please! The Healing Centre, KALIST! AVHIENDA!

As he reaches the Elf he cirlces round protecting the body. He wouldn't let anyone desecrate this body, he wouldn't allow Onyx the satisfaction. He recognised the symbol on the Elf's face, just like Gerethanax but over the other eye. He wondered what the Elf's name was, if he had relatives... what had caused him to defect...
He lay the Elf down on the dirt, and began to pile earth over him. Then with all the respect as his friends he prayed. A soft prayer.

God of Earth, rightful Gerethanax... please do not be angry at this wayward child. He was corrupted by a power far greater than him. May he enter the Hopewastes with all the calm and peace of your followers. May the earth claim his body.

As the final stone was piled on the body, covering it, Warryn felt the ghost of his friend behind him. He knew what was coming, that angry tone the Serkainian adopted.

You did this.

I know...

You are losing.

Warryn stood up, and walked to the nearest injured citizen. Again calling on himself, and the skills he had learned at the island he touched the citizen earth encased his body. (Earthskin) That would at least buy him some time.

He continued around the citizens, blessing them with earth, yelling constantly for medical aid.

Then as he stood up, he answered Shogo..

I know...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Marcus reacts instantly to Warryn's order, knowing time is of the essence. He heads straight for the door of the healing centre.

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:31 pm

*Nathaniel, his attention gained by all the shouting and the magic being fired off, arrives on the scene, and immediately begins tending to the fallen, using potions and bandages to ensure none are at risk of death.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm

((OOC: Luke, note Klarik has already done his symbol, feel free to RP appropriately))

Klarik does not tedn to the injured, instead checking over the bodies, seeing if any are dying. Bound by his duty to his God, he would let them die, but bound by his honour as a knight to his word, he begrudgingly tears clothing , tying the bandages about the wounded, but seemingly ignoring the more injured. It seems he only tends to those who are still conscious and in pain than those who are unconscious and dying.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm

((OOC: I know))

Warryn looks at Klarick, to him blood was blood and wasn't important. He turned to Nathaniel,

Thankyou stranger. I didn't know...

Warryn felt sick and torn; if he stopped preaching, his cause was lost. if he contued more would get hurt.

Speaking outloud he addressed his last comment to Onyx

If you have a problem. Take it out on me. They arn't a threat to you... I'm your best shot at defeating the TRUE God.

He looked around for Shogo, finding him standing a ffew feet away, silent. Even warryn's dellusions didn't know what to do. Then he cast his mind back to Marcus. The Healing centre.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 pm

Klarik finishes, sitting on the steps of the Healing Centre, waiting for Warryn or the warrior in white to appear. He had found ways of full-filling duties to both his lord and his ally, leaving those who might die to die and those who were not close to death to be treated. Either way, he prayed, painting the symbol of his faith on the back of his hands with the wounded's blood.
My lord, I ask of you for guidance in this time. So many are dying because of this new "God", which must please you, I am sure. Yet, I feel as though the true God of Earth and mud should have his place back, as this new "God" seems set on destroying those of all faiths but that of Earth. My lord, I ask you to give me some sign, some message that I have your blessings to stop this "God" from taking a place that is not his, whilst doing it all in your name. Bless your follower and tell me what your wish is in this time and I shall do it for you. Lord, please hear me.
He closed his eyes in revered silence as he prayed.
Last edited by Blue mage on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Chee

Postby Chee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 am

*Dr'eth Kar finally arrives to the scene at his usal slow walking pace after Marcis left him so abruptly and views the destruction before him. His face turning to one of concern at the devastation in a place so usally filled with order and life.*

By the scales of my ancestors! There has been some trouble here...

*Dr'eth Kar walks forward to the centre of the devastation and holds his totem out before him in both hands. He begins enchanting in a low deep tons as the ancient magic’s awaken.*

Goddess of balance, watch over me. Let my power be a extension of your will. Between the flame and the shadows I walk in twilight, so i may find the balance within. Ancestors I ask of you, take from me this boom, focus your strength through this totem of ages past and take this magic forth as one would take water to a man in the desert. Let your wings of guardians past and spirits of old fly free as the winds over the great plains so the waters of life may be taken to those in need and invigorate the flesh so there spirits may sore free.

**Pure Magic Based Mass Total Heal**

*Kar looks at the broken windows and damaged streets. In this world of torment and chaos, in this uncivilised lands pathway had been a beacon of civilisation and order. A entity of balance against a chaos that would overwhelm the sentient beings of these lands. Kar beings incanting again, a much shorter pray this time.*

Powers within and spirits of old I ask your aid in this time. Let my power bear forth from this place and restore the order of that which has be destroyed. Aid me in this time to forge anew that which has become old. Let the physical become like water and flow together to become one in the chaos of many.

**Pure Magic Based Mass Repair**

*The Destroyed windows and broken bricks lead back together as the magic sweaps them back into their original form.

Kar gives a small smile as the deverstation that met him only a few moments ago is now undone. He looks to the figures near the floor and rasies his eyebrow in mild puzzlement.*

So my friends, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what has transpired here to cause such a unprecedented ruckus in the usual calm and civility of the haven that is pathway?

**Dr’eth Kar**

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:29 pm

A dull, monotonous yet depressed voice sounds out behind Kar.

It was Onyx... the Paladin I told you about on the Midari isle...

He pauses, not sure if Kar would understand all that was going on, at least from warryn's perspective, then he continued

The balance of this world is going to be destroyed. When Onyx, the once paladin of Gerethanax ascends to God hood, he will assualt all who haven't given back to the Earth. My lord Gerethanax has appeared to me and asked me to solve the issue; but I need help. I tried calling out for help, right there

Warryn points at the rubble where the Pillar had erupted.

Then the brute got angry. I'm afriad any casualties are on my head, I wouldn't stop denouncing him... he was only attacking me... and then...

Warryn looks at the citizens beginning to stand up, dusting rocks off themselves and shooting Warryn hateful looks.

Thankyou for helping them.

Warryn kneels down and picks up a small stone, pressing it into his hands. He then holds it out to Kar, palm facing upwardss..

If you wish to help me defeat this imbalance, then please take this... and when I call meet at my shrine. It will be dangerous, and I know it's a lot to ask. I had hoped you'd accept, of all the adventurers I have met, I thought you would understand the need.

The elf seems humbled, he had always respected Kar, and truely hoped his ally would come through for him. For some strange reason Warryn felt close to Eremine, and thus to Kar aswell. Then he put the thought out of his mind.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:53 pm

*Nathaniel looks around, satisfied that the aftermath has been dealt with, and kneels over the remains of the fallen Earth Elf, apparently whispering something to himself, before standing again, looking around, and with a sigh, walks off towards the main gates of Pathway.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Following the result of the encounter with Kar (OOC: either way it goes I'll do the same :P) Warryn walks over to the entrance of the Healing Centre. He didn't want to go too far in incase the air/water/storm elf ghost came out of the portal and decided to hit him with lightning... again. That had been a bad night. Loph wasn't there, so why should Warryn care?

He walked over to the nearest staff member of the centre, and looking her in the eye took her hands and pressed 2 roughly similar sized stones into their hands.

Please offer these to Kalist and Avhienda, if they wish to help me defeat Onyx they should take them. When I call, they should come to my Shrine just north of Pathway... Thankyou.

With that he left the area, angry at himself and his stupidity. He couldn't fight Onyx vocally without the audience being injured... so he couldn't defeat him.
He would need to fight him on other grounds, and for that he would need training.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 am

Kars usual neutral expression turns to a mixture of mild surprise and concern. He looks silently into the eyes of his friend as he receives the small stone that is pressed into his hand. Earth elves where not known to make up wild stories, it wasn’t in their nature. What worried him more was the hint of despair or possibly maddening resolve he could see, just under Warren’s usual impassive expression.
As Warren leaves Kar looks at his retreating form. Warren was strong he knew that much, but he had been attacked before by this Onxy and now he was under siege even here in the protection of pathway. Kar resolved he would have to keep an eye on him. If what he said was true, it would not do for his friend to perish because he was caught on his own by this Onxy.

Kar turns to leave the now dusty scene of milling people as the chaos of the attack subsides.

Dr’eth Kar

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm

As Kar turns to leave, he notices Marcus wondering out of the healing centre, not paying much attention to his surroundings. Marcus glances up briefly and sees Kar.

"Kar! Wait!"

Marcus runs up to Kar. "Apologies for legging it so soon after seeing you again. The sound of the explosion demanded immediate attention. How are you?"

He grins, almost maniacally. Marcus is clearly not himself.

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Callum

Postby Callum » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 pm

**A fire elf walks in to the healing center seeing kar he walks over**
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 pm

*Kar gives Marcas a small smile.*
Do not concern yourself, I would expect nothing less of a kind hearted individual such as yourself to go and help those in need.
*Kar addresses the approaching fire elf.*
Greetings my fiery friend. I am glad to have caught you. I had just come into pathway to go to the law house and give my account of the events surrounding the death of the ice elf on the midair afflicted island.
*Kar turns to both of them*
Come, lets make our way over there now. I need to talk to you about warryn’s situation as well. I think he needs our help in more than just defeating this Onxy. I also wanted to speak to the law bringers about Omnar. His situation has become a landside of unfortunate events that have conspired against him. I fear he needs our help almost as much as warryn does.
*Kar begins making his way towards the magistrates office. *

**Dr’eth Kar**

Chee

Postby Chee » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:34 am

As the group begin to move, Kar invokes in a quiet voice. *Inquire* At the end of incanting he speaks in a clear voice:

Where is the earth elf named Warryn.

Suddenly a flash of power and an earth strike slams into Kars chest knocking the wind out of him as his shielding absorbs the lethal force of the damage. Stumbling slightly under the sudden magical assault Kar's expression turns for utter surprise to deadly serious. Words fly fast from his mouth as he beings a hurried new spell. *Earth immunity* Looking around for any further attacks Kar eyes his surroundings suspiciously.

Curse it to the underdeep, it seems Onxy is not done here...

After a few moments, Kar decides no further attacks are imminent. He moves to the side of the street and sits down, closing his eyes in a poss of meditation.

Excuse me my friends. I must seek the wisdom of those far more ancient than even my ancestors. I fear there may be a more urgent task than seeing the law bringers at this time.

Bowing his head Kar enters a state of deep mediation as he sets his mind free to ask the path of the events that have befallen him and the earthen god. He is greatly troubled by what he hears. The cosmic path has foreseen a destiny that would forsake the future should it be allowed to come to pass, destroying the universal balance.
Kar stands after receiving this worrying revelation. He looks to the sky.

My Lord and master, my heart and soul, my guiding hand and mother of my blood. My god. Erimine, Imbalance threatens the fabric of magic itself. The balance of the deity's is in turmoil. I thank you now for giving me the strength to prevent these terrible events from coming to pass. I thank you for showing me the way so I may do what must be done, to guard the world and preserve the balance. Guide my hand and mind now so I may be an extension of your will in this mortal realm. Ancestors, be by my side as I face these trials. Lend me your wisdom as you have always done and deliver me for the foolishness of morals.

He turns to his two companions.

My friends, it is imperative that we find Warryn now. He is in far more danger than he realises and his role to play in future events will decide the fate of us all.

With that, Kar begins heading for the gates of pathway, his usual slow walk replace with urgency as he makes his way out of pathway, asking the guards as he went the direction warryn headed in before disapearing off in the same direction.

Dr'eth Kar

Return to “Pathway”