In and around Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

In and around Pathway

Postby spsblue » Tue May 05, 2009 8:02 pm

* Derwent walks through Pathway, seeking out both familiar faces and those he has heard tales of, or those willing to help others despite the risks.
Suffice to say he doesn't have much success...

.. so it is late evening by the time he meets someone who is willing to help. *

OC: This thread I intend to run slower than the rest of the forum and will only be max a day before the adventure IC.
Last edited by spsblue on Sat May 16, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Stevie

Re: In and around Pathway (FOR THOSE PLAYING THE 14th JUNE)

Postby Stevie » Thu May 07, 2009 12:43 am

**Oblivious to much of the surrounding nightlife, Mmwaa happily trundled through town. Displaying a swagger that only becomes the mentally simple Mmwaa carries on along the path, avoiding the various drunks returning home as well as the various sober people on their way to imitate their counterparts. A small rat darting into a pile of refuse catches Mmwaa's attention. Mmwaa duly follows his new friend, joyous that his new buddy shared his secret stash of bugs.**

"Mmwaa!! Fud!"

**A smile catches Mmwaa's lips as his tongue dashes out. The smile quickly fades however as the bug seems more cunning than originally thought. The bug darts left and right, hoping to escape it's predator, scurring under various debris that's scattered around. The tongue lashes out once more, missing it's target time and time again. Mmwaa begins to bounce, enthralled by this new game, he bounds up and down in a state of glee, still following the bug and allowing his tongue to lash out trying to capture his food. The bug sees an oppurtunity and darts underneath a small gap in the sole of a boot, Mmwaa follows after, bounding straight into Derwent and knocking them both from their feet.**

"Mmwaa!!"

**The bug, happy in the knowledge he'd outsmarted Mmwaa, jumps onto his nose, stares into his eyes before jumping off into the darkness..**

***Mmwaa***

spsblue

Re: In and around Pathway

Postby spsblue » Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 am

"Woah! Watch where you're going young... frog."

Derwent gets up and re-arranges his black kimono. It has become completely caked in mud.

He then offers a hand to the frog-man on the floor with the intention of helping him to get up.

<Derwent>
Last edited by spsblue on Sat May 16, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 pm

**The giant frog looks at the outstretched hand for a moment, before edging his face forward and sniffing at it**

((OOC: Sniff, paying particular attention to any scents that smell like food ))

***Mmwaa***

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 pm

((OOC: Lingering smell of rice crackers from lunch and human.))

Derwent looks a bit puzzled and retracts his hand.

"Hello there, you don't know where I can find people willing to help rescue a friend do you?"

"They'd need to be able to merge unnoticed amongst the Telefret without a fight."

<Derwent>
Last edited by spsblue on Sat May 16, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm

**Mmwaa cocks his head to the side as Derwent speaks to him, seeming as if whatever was said went straight over his head. He bounces up onto his feet, looks around the surrounding area before looking up at Derwent, as if waiting**

"Mmwaa, mmwaa emmet mmwaa"

***Mmwaa***

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Derwent awkwardly pats the giant frog on the head.

"You don't understand a word I'm saying, do you?"

<Derwent>
Last edited by spsblue on Sat May 16, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Leaving the Frog, Derwent wonders aimlessly around Pathway looking out for faces he recognises. It used to be so easy, Pathway used to be such a small place, and names like Kerrigan and the Traveler were on everyone's lips. Now he is worried and unsure who to turn to.

One thing he remembered about Narturlin was the way people seemed to hang out round the tavern. Not being a drinker himself, he had been avoiding it, but perhaps he should start looking there.

Thinking back, he wondered if he had heard the frog say a name. Mmwaa definitely wasn't a name, but perhaps em-mit was? Then again he'd heard frogs went 'rebbit' before. So perhaps that was merely the sound he was making.

In the course of his wondering he finds himself outside a scroll shop..

<Derwent>

OC: Moving Threads to the scroll shop
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue May 19, 2009 3:31 am

**In the busy and widely travelled trade section of pathway a man can be seen preaching to all those that come close enough to hear.**

"Please, you must all realise that this goes beyond the mere mention of the undead and demons, in allowing this to happen we have accepted a horrific precedent. We have, by our negligence and by our ignorance given the legislative power the ability to ostricize and to section off individual races. Whether or not you believe that the undead and demons are all murdering, theiving nasty types is irrelevent. You! By your ignorance have given the powers that be the power to completely alienate and deny the rights of anyone and everyone. Guilt has been presumed before innocence. Free peoples indeed!!"

**Shouting loudly and retaining sarcasm in his voice**

"FREE PEOPLES INDEED!!!"

***Kythera Armistoce***

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue May 19, 2009 8:07 am

*An individual in black robes, very reminiscent of those of Kan Slaar, for those that have seen him, has stopped and listened to the whole 'sermon'. At the end, he calls out, loud enough for all to hear*

Nice sentiment, but one problem. Undeath is not a species. it is a condition. You can have undead elves, humans, beastkin, dwarves, anything. at all. I have heard even of undead animals. Certainly I agree that outlawing based on an acquired condition might be rather harsh, but given the normal effects of undeath are known to all. So far, I do not know of any penalty being declared associated to this law, which admittedly causes some concern, but the Haran did the same with spellcasters and innately magical creatures, simply to licence them. This could be the same. Make sure individuals are no threat, destroy those that are indeed soulless killers, and licence those who are still productive members of society.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Tue May 19, 2009 12:34 pm

(( OOC: Screwed it up a little.. I'm still actually in healing centre ))

**Kythera looks around, seeing Ralph still trying to usher him to the magistrates Kythera steps down, not acheiving the impact he'd have liked to create**

***Kythera***

((OOC: Best I could do really.. sorry if I presumed anything Adam. ))

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue May 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Derwent comes round the corner from the scroll shop and passes through on his way to the tavern.

<Derwent>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm

A figure moves in the shadows of buildings around pathway. Cloaked, his identity hidden, the human zipped around unnoticed. A pole, and a bag, long enough to have a length of at least a single sword was tied onto the back of the figure. Reading the signs that had been put up, the figure muttered a curse.
Damn you Setema...what have you got into THIS time?
reading the other notices, the figure pulls out a strip of paper and some coal from a pocket, writing down the name "lost souls" for later.
Turning, the young man walked towards the magistrates office. In the wind, a few strands of blonde hair could been seen peeking out of the hood and mask. The young warrior broke into a run.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:13 pm

A warrior is seen running along in clothing similar to Serke Kemian clothing, looking a little distraught.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Noting a change in aura's in Pathway, he stops running, something nagging in his mind. He whips his head around looking for something or someone, trying to tell where it was. Pulling out a piece of paper, he read over what he could, and tried to find a clearer feeling of the aura. Galatine growled with a mixture of anger and worry.
Setema...
Bounty hunting? Huh...never though you'd stoop that low.
Better I find her and bring her in safely then someone else finding her and killing her...thats what the sign said, she could DIE!
Good, she knows about me too!If she dies, I dont really care. Actually, Id be better if she was dead...
Galatine sped off around Pathway, trying desperately to find a place were her aura was heavier.

Return to “Pathway”