In and around Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Re: In and around Pathway

Postby Blue mage » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Having had his mind rejoin his body, the kensei found it harder to retrace his steps within this strange place he had created. Not sure what to do from here, he boiled everything he wanted to know down to the simplest of questions: Do I want to wake up?
The answer was, "Yes", and despite the strangeness of the question within a place where one could not tell up from down it seemed, the strangeness was welcomed, and Galatine slowly woke. All of the dream world and its feelings and familiarity vanished as he started to acquaint himself with the real world, one reality replacing the other in his mind space.
The boy looked up, drowsily into the dark alley. As some time had passed since he had drifted into sleep, it was darker now, the shadows of the day more thick and multiplying in the death of the light for another day. Aware of a presence beside him, the ragged looking child turned his head, not sure what to expect as he had yet to pay attention to his abnormal senses, which had yet to tune with his waking body. Seeing the shadow elf beside him, he smiled, rubbing an eye to rid himself of sleep.
Afternoon?
He yawned and looked at her, waiting for her reaction, wondering if she wanted to leave now.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Dreith has been dozing off herself, though waking at any sound gripping her knife within the folds of her cloak, she looks round at Galatine, instantly alert, then relaxes.
Afternoon she stands up, stretching. Ready?
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Standing up, he stretched his arms and back, then placed the sword into his belt, feeling its familiar weight in its 'rightful" place again. As he did this he spoke without looking at Drieth, more intent upon getting ready.
Ready. Lets go.
Pointing in a direction toward pathway's exit, he started walking at a fair pace, enough for her to keep to, but quick enough to cover some distance. Around him a sense of ease was felt, anyone who brushed up against him noticed that they mysteriously became wet, as though they had brushed someone soaked through.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Dreith follows, occaisonally glancing behind them as if concerned that they may be followed. She is secreatly glad of Galatines pace. Her thoughts go back over the past weeks, yes, avoiding certain people right now is certainly advisable. They have been asking for too much to be accomodated without arousing suspicion. Best to vanish for a while and if asked later then plead an urgent personal journey.

I take it you have been busy since we last met, Galatine?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Galatine gave an almost ironic sigh and gave a reaccount:
Recently: Helped save a newly found island, did a bit of time traveling, met a dark God before that, elected a leader on the island, met a lot of people, fought the demon-were-wolfs armies, killed Runebreaker (he was on the island, a Larkant, but I didnt like him that much) and came here to drag my unconious sempai into the healing centre.
He said it all very casually, as if it was nothing more than a slight problem. he then added, in the same tone:
Oh yes, Setema became a sentinel and is imprisoned by the sounds of it. Aquilla is dead, he died ten years ahead in a world/future that never was.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Dreith stops in her tracks Imprisoned? For what? Her tone is anything but casual.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Galatine halts in his tracks when he noticed her stop moving. He didnt turn around and said quite simply:
I dont know. Nor, in fact, do I care. She's going to be let out sometime from the sound of it, and thats what I DO care about.
he said this in a serious tone, then started a slow walk ahead.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Dreith starts moving, but more slowly. And Aquilla is dead you say? her tone is cold. If he is the cause of Setema's imprisonment.....

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Yes. He died in a world that never was, and our attempts to bring him back were rejected by Kanslaar. Most of us are planning a way of bringing him back to this world somehow...
Galatine gestures towards the exit of pathway.
This will take sometime, and my home is fairly small and simple. If you want to just get away for a bit though, its a good place to be.
he said this all, matter of factly.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Dreiths lip curls. Bring him back? She remains silent on the subject. If he comes back though she will find out exactly how he got his slave into so much trouble.

Small and simple is fine with me She trots a few paces to catch up with Galatine

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Galatine smiles, absent-mindedly to himself and starts to walk faster to get some distance. As they begin to leave pathway, he turns away from Sinya Palurin's direction towards a thick looking forest...

((OOC: Continued in Sinya palurin))

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:30 pm

**In the center of Pathway, a large Shiraken dressed in armour with a shield and axe hanging from his belt wanders into the depth of town. He wanders with an open mind, taking in every sight and sound, as if he were looking for a sign from someone or something. He nods pleasently to those whom he makes eye contact with humming slightly as he walks. The tune is recognisable to some as a hymn to Asternia.**

**Sir Shaylin Vivescale**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm

**The hutsle and bustle of pathway life quickly overwhelms Shaylin, it is a stark contrast from the emptyness of the Chapter House, people wandering around completing their daily errands. Occassionally booming voices can be heard from different sections of pathway, often ending in mass cheers. A sharp cry of "Lenamo" is heard in the distance followed by cheering, somewhere elsewhere a deep voice is proclaiming the evils of Velnashar. Most people carry on with their tasks anyway, having heard the same sermons over and over again.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

**Shaylin closes his eyes as he realises what he must do. Taking a deep breath he finds a clear place to stand, and starts to sing. Quietly at first, but gaining confidence as the words of the song inspire him. He tries his best to ignore the people who start to stare at the giant lizard singing in the street, knowing this will get their attention before he tells them of Asternia.**

"Though I walk,
Oft alone,
I shall not fear the dark.
Her ssstrength and might,
Her shining light,
Lead usss through the dark-esst night.

Lady Asssternia show usss your face,
Bring your light and glory to usss in this placsse,
Darknessss isss vanqueshed,
And jusssticsse isss found,
By the power of your na-me.
I shall not cower when facsssed with the foe,
Dancing through fire your beauty is shown.
Cassst back the shadowsss and let your light shine on me.

Your city,
Your beacon,
Brightening all of our heartsss,
Guarding our soul,
Darknesss will fall,
Your radience will sssave usss all!

Lady Asssternia show usss your face,
Bring your light and glory to usss in this placsse,
Darknessss isss vanqueshed,
And jusssticsse isss found,
By the power of your na-me.
I shall not cower when facsssed with the foe,
Dancing through fire your beauty is shown.
Cassst back the shadowsss and let your light shine on me.
"

**After he finishes singing, he takes a deep breath and looks out to the crowds.**

"My brothersss and sssistersss in the light.
Every morning, the sssun risssesss. And the dark god Velnashar bringsss hisss hatred to the world.
If he had hisss way, the land would burn, would ssscorch, would char. There isss but one who ssstandsss againssst him.
She isss forgotten, she isss overlooked, but ssstill she dancssesss infront of the fire god every day for usss mortalsss,
The Lady of Light, The True Bringer of Jusssticsse. Lady Asssternia.
She hasss been weakened in the passst but ssstill her brave knightsss fought on.
Many of you know Sssir Kalissstan, Sssquiresss Gren and Tornwin.
Many of you know their great deedsss, of how they fought to protect the people of Pathway,
Alwaysss they did what they could for thossse of you in thisss csssity.
In recssent timesss they journeyed to the shadow plane, to find Asssternia'sss lossst cssity,
To bring her light back to thisss world. They could not return with the Csssiy,
But I sssay, they have not failed! Here we are today,
The light of Asssternia shielding the sssun god'sss dessstruction.
We ssstand bathed in her light. We have her blesssing.
I am but a sssimple knight of hersss, however, I have ssspent time ressstoring the Charter Houssse of the Order of Light.
I oncssse more open the doorsss to any who wish to enter.
If you wish to learn of our Lady, if you wish to learn to fight in the name of Jusssticsse and Light,
then come to the Charter Houssse, and we will desscover the Lady's Light together.
"

**Once he has finished speaking he steps down from the small podium and makes his way back the the Charter House.**

**Sir Shaylin Vivescale**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

**At first many people stare awkwardly at the Shirikan singing, finding it difficult to understand what he is saying. Slowly a small crowd gathers, at first drawn by the riddle of trying to understand what the hell was being said amongst all the hisses. As the song ends and Shaylin begins to tell the stories of Gren, Torwin and Kalistan some people nod in agreement, remembering names vaguely. As Shaylin makes to leave a small group of maybe 10 people start to move with him. A small dirty child, wearing ratted clothes follows, looking intense. A small ramshackle group of other ratty children follow the older child, looking up to him.**

"YOU SPEAK ABOUT WHAT THE ORDER HAS DONE IN THE PAST, OR WHAT IT'S DONE FOR IT'S LOST CITY, OR IT'S CHAPTER HOUSE, BUT WHAT HAS IT EVER DONE RECENTLY!! WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR US! WHERE WAS THE ORDER WHEN OUR HOUSE WAS BURNED, WHEN OUR PARENTS DIED, THERE WAS NO-ONE, ESPECIALLY NO ORDER! YOU MAKE BROKEN PROMISES, ALL OF YOU HEROES, BEFORE RUNNING OFF DOING MISSIONS FOR MONEY, YOU'RE JUST ALL SELFISH! HOW LONG BEFORE YOU'D RUN OFF AGAIN! I'LL NEVER BE A MERCENERY, YOU'RE ALL JUST SELFISH DETATCHED PEOPLE WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT US NON-HEROES WHEN IT SUITS YOU!!"

**There are small shouts in agreement from the younger children, and the people who were following Shaylin stop in their tracks, waiting for a response to rebuttle the childs frantic ranting.**

Return to “Pathway”