Imprisoned

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Lirael
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Lirael » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Spinx watches with a cautious curiosity as the blue fuzzy haze of Setema disappears briefly before reappearing with muted black vertical lines. It takes her a few moments to realize that the vertical lines are actually the bars of her cell and the air elf is no longer in her cell. She rises slowly and still slightly hunched she creeps closer to the bars, her tail dragging along the floor with only the tip twitching slightly in the dust covering the floor. Her hands close around the bars when she reaches them and she presses her head against them trying to follow the blue shape that seems to have the freedom she once had.

*Spinx*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

It was only a few minutes before Setema hastily returned to the cells a set of keys jingling in her hand. She forces a smile as she re approaches Spinx's cell.

See i told you i would be back.

I didnt find any food... The guards there all... So much bl... Nevermind.
I found the keys.


She starts searching through the set of keys trying a few different ones, after a few failed attempts there is a loud click as the sell door unlocks and Setema pulls it open.

Lirael
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Lirael » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 pm

The click rings loudly in Spinx's ears, startled she jumps backwards awkwardly, letting out a strangled yelp as she trips over her tail to land in a confused tangle on the floor. In her delirious state this only adds to the confusion in her mind. Thinking herself under attack she hurriedly retreats back into her favoured corner once again huddling in on herself, only this time she keeps her head up tilting her face this way and that as she fails to focus on anything substantial in the room. She is balanced on her toes ready for quick movement and her ears are keenly listening for any sound of approach. Her hands are held infront of her in a position suitable for defence but also allowing her to quickly lash out if need be. She almost seems to be bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet as she waits for her unseen attacker to approach.

*Spinx*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Ceinwen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:05 am

Setema approaches Spinx with caution speaking in a soft and gentle manner as she does so.

Its okay Spinx. Its just you and me, no ones going to hurt you i promise.

Lirael
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Lirael » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 am

Spinx lowers her guard at the sound of Setema's soothing voice, she slowly crawls forwards, moving her hands across the hard stone floor to guide herself as she moves. When she reaches Setema she collapses at her feet throwing her arms around the air elf's legs. Setema can feel the creature shake against her skin.

*Spinx*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Ceinwen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am

Setema loses balance as Spinx hugs her legs almost falling backwards, she quickly grabs the cell bars to steady herself. She gently strokes Spinx's hair trying to calm her.

Its okay... Its all going to be okay.

She speaks softly hoping these words would bring Spinx some comfort, even though she doesn't believe them herself.

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Setema gets more anxious as time passes, she spends hours staring at the door certain that any minute a guard is going to burst through... but no one does. Finaly she makes a decision and stands up, turning to Spinx and speaking softly,

Come on Spinx, Its time to go.

She feels a surge of guilt as you walks towards the door, she promised Aquilla she would stay but he broke his promise first. He promiced he would come back, tears form in her eyes as she thinks of her dead friend, she quickly wipes them away forcing thoughts of Aquilla back and turns back to Spinx.

I need to find a friends that might be able to help us, you don't have to come if you don't want too but its better then staying here.

Lirael
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Lirael » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Spinx hears Setema's voice but it washes over her as she becomes aware of a familiar sensation running through her body. She flexes her fingers feeling them tingle but is unable to place the sensation. She gently reaches out a hand towards the distant wall and a dart of pure shadow flies out from her finger tips striking at the bricks and mortar sending small amounts of dust and rubble into the air. Spinx jumps backwards in surprise, crashing into the departing Setema. Her face holds a mixture of fear and anticipation as she quickly recovers her footing. She grabs hold of Setemas sleeve and follows after her giving fleeting looks backwards towards where the small dent has been left in the cell wall. Her vision still blurred she clings tightly to Setema, trusting the female elf to guide her safely out.

*Spinx*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Ceinwen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:51 am

Setema looks slightly shocked as Spinx clings to her but the look of shock quickly turns into a smile and she puts a comforting arm around the pink creature.

Were going to teleport, okay? So don't be alarmed when things around you seem to change, just keep hold of me and everything's going to be okay.

Setema holds Spinx slightly tighter as she begins to cast, as soon as the spell is complete the two disappear in a burst of magic
(OOC: Mass Teleport)

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Chee » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Seconds after the two teleport out the cell there is a deafening crash as stone and metal are torn to pieces. A hulking statue of a man falls through the ceiling and shatters the cell wall, knocking the bars out their frames and scattering rubble and metal everywhere. As the dust settles there is a surge of magic and the statue slowly changes colour until the stony skin is pink and fleshy once more. Marcus opens his eyes, his head is pounding and his body is sore from his mistreatment. Brief flashes of recollection of his improvident pass though his head but he finds it difficult to recall what happened or how he ended up in this broken room.

Looking around he can see the shattered remains of a jail cell now missing a wall and most its bars. There doesn’t seem to be any else around at the moment and the usual city noise from outside the window is strangely quiet.

User avatar
Chaos_dwarf
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Imprisoned

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:28 pm

As Marcus looks around his surroundings, he notices the quiet. The lack of life. He wonders why in Pathway, a bustling city by all accounts, there should be no sound. The sound, by it's absence, screams at Marcus - something is very wrong.

Cautiously, Marcus moves out of the cell. Suddenly, he falls to his knees, pain wracking his whole body. His veins start to run black, like so many eels. The intricate pattern of scars on his bare chest flare with darkness, absorbing light from around him. To Marcus, the world is seen through hues of grey. Life has lost its luster .....

What ... is happening ... to me? he thinks, gasping out loud all the while as black tendrils wriggle over his body.

Well hello. The strange voice, devoid of emotion, sounds like dry parchment, centuries old. I was wondering when you were going to wake up, mortal.

"Who are you? What are you? I ... agh!" Marcus chokes as pain chokes off his response.
Why, I am you, of course. Well, I am become you. Little soul, do not resist ... Submit ...
"Whatever you are, you'll not have me ... I ..." flashes of how this had happened came back to Marcus. He could not remember who, but someone or something had grafted with the blackest of magics another soul onto his own. A dark soul. An undead. Marcus looks at himself in disgust. "You'll not have me, undead. I am my lady's, and no others. You have no power here."

Marcus reaches deep within, summons his strength, and with a supreme effort of will pulls his good self uppermost. As the black veins recede, and the voice calls mockingly to him.

You'll never be free, experiment. The master always wins ...

"Evil never wins. Whilst there is Hope, there cannot be Despair."

As he says this, he feels the consequences of the actions of the heroes in the Realm of Faith. Through his bond, Marcus feels that Lady Hope seems diminished somehow.

I must seek help. Marcus holds out his hand, and his hammer appears within his grasp. "Now all I need is to find my pack with my armour, if it is nearby. If not, I must purchase new armour ..." He checks his belt, and is surprised to find his money bag still attached. "Well, there's a thing ..." he mutters to himself.

Marcus sets off in the direction of his last fight.

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!


Return to “Pathway”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests