The Never Holt

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

The Never Holt

Postby Ben » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:42 pm

**It had taken a day or so but eventually Quayle had secured the use of an abandoned coach-house in the grounds of the central fort of Pathway. After this he had given a few rava to some of the refugees of the Heartlands to clear the debris and make it habitable. The downstairs now boasted a reasonably large meeting room complete with table and benches and a couple of side rooms for more private discussions. A small stairway lead upstairs to three rooms that served as living quarters, storage and whatever else might be required.

When all way complete, he took a piece of wood, about two feet square and painted it white before painting a curving golden line from east to west and then in black the words "The Never Holt". He hung this up high outside before nailing up a smaller notice next to the door.

We are the Sentinels of the Cosmic Path
Too long have we kept our actions and motives from the outside world.
We have sworn our lives and our destinies to this world, we serve it and all those who live in it.
We welcome you into our house
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: The Never Holt

Postby Will » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 pm

**Robed deeply in black, spear in hand, Dorellan approaches the building. He peers at it and his face makes an expression that is hard to read. Curiosity maybe....

He enters, looks around, again with a slight squint and odd expression, then takes a seat, pulling out a flask and taking a swig, seeing if others will arrive....

As he waits, he takes a folded piece of paper from a bag, unfolds it, and reads through it again.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Feeling the presance of 2 of the Sentinels, the Monkey creature enters the building.

Seeing the robed man and sensing he is a fellow sentinel, Monkey smiles and loudly speaks

Harrooooooooo
............................................................................Image

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

**Quayle looks up at the two arrivals inquisitively then after a couple of moments recognition flashes through his eyes**

Traveller and...Seeker? My name is Quayle, currently the Guide. I assume you got my letter? I know having a public base of operations isn't the way the sentinels have operated in the past, but I was present when Kalist, Adreana, Loph and Aquilla received a warning from the Path. An image of Squits came to them and warned them that their actions were all focussed on their own ends and those of the Sentinels, not for the people that we're supposed to help, serve or protect.

I think we should listen to this guidance and come out of the shadows somewhat. The actions of the sentinels shouldn't be hidden, we are doing nothing wrong, on the contrary we are trying to help this world. If more people understand us, our purpose and our burden perhaps they will feel less animosity towards us.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

The monkey strokes his hair before replying

Monkey is seeker.

Monkey didn't like the paper, it didn't give Monkey magic and Monkey couldn't read it. Monkey had to find someone to read to him.

Monkey think we need to get all the Sentinels here and talk together. Monkey sense another of us, the Exile, is here somewhere. Monkey thinks we should go get them.
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:54 am

**Dorellan stands and walks slowly towards Quayle, leaning heavily on his spear. When he is a couple of feet away he stops, and smiles**

'I have always worked alone, not sought aid from others.... I have.... A high calling as it is.... One that calls me to protect this world from a specific threat....'

**He glares towards the door, as though wary of something there**

'But now I tread a second path it seems.... Very well.... We are chosen for reasons....
Who are we to argue with the Gods? I think I met a few of the old guard in person before I felt their deaths in my soul. I cared little for them....'

**He moves to take a seat**

'I am a man of faith, and I will follow my calling with all the passion in my heart, and where conflict arises, I shall tread the path I feel best serves both.... But as we all know, there will always be a time when we must choose between two bad choices in our souls.

I make it clear then that if made to choose to continue this path, I shall not do so alongside an Undead.... Neither shall I aid them, but should it serve the path, I may let them live.... So hopefully that presents an answer to at least one of your suggestions....'

**He sits, and peers....**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am

**To Monkey**

Paper? Oh, my letter? I'm sorry that it was inedible, illegible and not magical. But yes, if the Exile is nearby then we should speak to him and others. We need to work together but not at the exclusion of others.

**To Dorellan**

I was once told "if you want to find someone to do something for you, ask a busy man". The idea, I assume, being that someone who is busy is busy because other people trust them to get things done or at least that you know they are not lazy. In this way, I think the annointed one chooses those who stand out and so usually those people will all have their own personal missions, agendas and callings.

The old guard as it were...I adventured with Kalist and Aquilla a few times, they are or were good people. I was present when Adreana became the anointed one and although I didn't know Loph well, I was impressed greatly by him. I did not feel their deaths in any mystical way, I mourned their loss in my own private way based on what they did in life not their positions as sentinels.

I take it you're a follower of Firin or someone with similar views? I recently spent time with Sir Lichbane of your church and he was quite zealous on the subject, I have no love for undead but Ruthgar is somewhat...different. However, that is a discussion for another time. Personally, I appreciate the power of veto and so accept him to be 'ruled out' for we need to work together.

**He takes Kalist's letter from his pocket and smooths it out**

From reading Kalist's response, he seems open to Haze as Hunter and open, although not keen, on Galatine as Explorer however does not wish to choose a Warden as he wishes to return to that post. That leaves us needing an Anointed one. Adreana was chosen originally as we were told that dark forces would seek to destroy the anointed one but that they would be unable to find them if they were not well known and not great users of essence. I suppose the more powerful the anointed gets, the more at risk they would be. Which leaves us with two different tangents: we can look at followers of Eremine, again Kar springs to mind, or those of less power so that they can be kept secret and safe.

A question for you Traveller, Kalist says here "Despite this, we will find a way to bring Aquilla back" what are your feelings on this?

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 am

**Dorellan glowers**

"I will not aid, but neither will I hinder. If the path genuinely wishes his return then return he shall, it was not his time. Him and I... we do not see eye to eye... in any way... if I might say though. He has gone, again, and my lady sees that it is right and just that it is his time, and he has had his end. His friends may seek desperately to get him back, but perhaps they should respect that his time has come, and let him have his rest..."

**He stands, a bit straighter**

"And yes, Lichbane was our Paladin, returned to continue the good fight. I... am Dorellan Karakshire, High Priest of Firin, and the Sentinels hold me now as ally and fellow Traveller on the path."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I understand. Well, possibly not, I think it would be arrogant of me to say I understood someone's beliefs based on a five minute conversation but I think I comprehend at least.

It is an honour to meet you Dorellan...although now I come to think about it we have met before a year or so ago, I seem to remember you and I being the only ones still standing while up against a horde of werewolves, I think we'd neglected to bring a healer with us but fortunately you'd brought along a large quantity of potions.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm

The jovial Monkey seems to look somewhat serious as he speaks

The wheel of life is a circle. Once someone is born onto it, the natural order dictates that they will come full circle and the wheel will be complete. It is possible for one to be reborn onto the wheel but such decisions should not be the choice of man, such actions are for the higher powers to decide. The heavens and the gods control such things. The will of man is great but it should not defy the will of the gods.

With that the Monkey assumes a more relaxed stance, shakes his head vigorously and smiles once more

So shall we all go and get the others?

He motions to the door and, as he does, he utters one more sentance

Monkey wants bananas. Monkey cant fly without bananas and Monkey has run out. Monkey loves to fly

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm

**Quayle nods**

Bananas, really?

Any idea how to find the others, I was hoping they'd find us.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:21 am

A beamin smiles crosses Monkays face

Monkay not love banana but Monkay love to fly. The nice man taught me how.

We can feel the presance of the sentinels. Monkay think it not be to hard to find them.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I can recognise other sentinels on sight and I think I can sense them nearby but I don't think I have the ability to sense them more clearly than that. One of us could ask the path for the location of the Exile? Or one of the others.

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 am

Path told Monkay the exile is in pathway but Monkay not smart so not ask very well. Monkay ask again

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:02 pm

I doubt the path was being deliberately vague, perhaps it's a sign that we should search ourselves? After all, if we don't have the ability to find one man in these forts then do we have any right to think we can help the world?

**He smiles, stands, then walks out into the crisp morning air**

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Pathway”