Inside the inn in Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Chaos_dwarf

Re: Inside the inn in Pathway

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 pm

"Sorry. Let me elaborate. In order to decide which lord to choose, we were given a ritual that enabled us to travel into the furture by ten years in order to see what the consequences of out choice would be, and to see what the characteristics of the lord that we saw in the future was, so that we might go about making the right decision."

Marcus finishes his mead.

"Kestrel, I apologise, but I must go and rest. Perhaps we can continue this in the morning?"

Marcus rises, shakes hands with Kestrel, and goes over to the bar. There he pays for a room and retires for the night.
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:05 am

Kestrel also retires to a room for the night.

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm

In the morning Kestrel returns downstairs looking for the others.

Not seeing them he pops over to the library and hands over the notes he made last night.

He then returns to the inn.

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Marcus goes over to Kestrel at the inn, having come downstairs after his morning ablutions.

"Good Morning Kestrel, how're you? Shall I begin? Well, on the second day, we managed to retrieve those heroes that had got themselves trapped within the shattered mirror, but we were ten years in the future. Arutha, Cassandra and Quayle were all very shaken by the experience, to say the least. Actually, that's wrong - there was more than a touch of insanity about them all. After all, wouldn't you be insane after being tortured in a demon dimension? The future was that of the druid, I think. In order to return our friends, we had to kill the demon-creature that in essence, embodied the shatterd mirror. Aquilla was lost to us in that fight, for he stepped upon the mirror. I carried the demon's body to the ritual circle, where we performed a ritual whereby the demon's body was destroyed and our friends returned. The walk from where the demon had it's lair to the ritual circle, carrying the bastard thing's body, was one of the longest of my life. It whispered ... things, in my ear, and I heard the tortured screams of those trapped inside, as well as visions of what was causing those screams. Only my faith in Hope saw me through, for through prayer and ignoring the demons lies I was able to make it through."

**Marcus**

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 am

"Good Morning to you too, Marcus."

Kestrel gets out his pad and scribbles down notes on what Marcus is reporting.

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:42 pm

After a little while Kestrel pauses.

" Do you mind going into more detail as to what happened to Aquilla? As I heard he was quite the celebrity round here and it was recommended that I meet him. Of course if it is still to painful to talk about I understand. "

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am

(OC - Kestrel is on the adventure today so I need to extract him from this converstion.)

However, when Kestrel looks up, he can't see Marcus. Puffing up his feathers in annoyance, he closes up his little book and delivers the latest set of notes to the library.

(I'll come back to the inn after the adventure.)

<Kestrel>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Inside the inn a tall mage with a few feathers and a beak, who had been face down on the counter, having drunk far too much whisky the night before suddenly jerks awake. His once white feathers now almost completely bronze, a coppery, metalic taste in his mouth. Putting a finger to his beak, he pulls it back again, his finger glistening with blood.

"Interesting....I wonder what this means...oh...hello...what are you all doing here...? And what are you doing in my head...you've been busy haven't you? And very naughty it seems..."

**Isaac Surefeather**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Callum

Postby Callum » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 am

**a tall fellow enters the inn dressed in a black tabbard with his hood up and a fire elven tabbard tied round his weist and a peice of red cloth over his mouth and nose he looks round the inn he then sits in the cornor of the room**
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc

The Goblins are back :twisted:

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Marcus leaves the group of heroes as they re-enter Pathway, needing to be alone, to meditate on what occured. He heads for an inn, pays the innkeeper for a room and a leather backpack that he noticed behind the bar, and goes up to his room.

Entering, he locks and bars the door, closes the shutters on the windows, and lights the fire and the lamps that are provided in the room. He sits in front of the fire, and by it's flickering light strips off his armour, packing it away into the leather backpack. He rises, turns towards the East, kneels, closes his eyes and bows his head to the ground.

"Lady of Hope, you have given me much to think about. Thank you for my trials, for they make me a stronger person. Thank you for my tribulations, for they render me wiser. Thank you that I am mortal, that I sin, for without this my words would be hollow to all.

Thank you for Warryn, for his steadfast nature, and also for the harsh criticisms that he offers. I understand that he no longer counts me ally, for he was witness to my apparent fall from grace. My Lady, I pray for the strength to brave his accusations, and the patience to hear him out, and for the wisdom to prove to him that Despair no longer has a hold over me.

I pray for the strength for what I must now do. I pray for courage, to stand before death and be unafraid. I pray for wisdom, to say what must be said to those in need, to offer succour to those whose need is greater still. I pray that when I leave this place to preach your word to those who would hear, that you would speak through me and that my words would be of and from you."

Marcus raises his head with his eyes still closed and sits cross-legged, rests his hands cupped in his lap, and meditates.

As dawn's first light enters through the small gaps in the shutters, Marcus rises and dons the monk's robe that he has long neglected. He remembers some two years ago; the strange travelling monk from Serke Kemi who taught him to read and write, of what he said of the concepts of 'yin' and 'yang' and of the monk's instruction to Marcus' parents and himself in the ways of Hope. Marcus recalls what the monk said as he gave Marcus his parting gift: a robe such as the monk wore.

"Remember Marcus-san, whenever you have doubt, whenever you have fear, whenever despair threatens, submit yourself to Hope, resist despair and it will disappear as a wisp of cloud in a strong breeze. Remember also, our order has a small commune in Serke Kemi. If you have need, wear this robe, present yourself at the gates, and you shall be granted succour."

Marcus ties the last knot of his robe's cloth belt. He places his hammer horizontally in the backpack, through the gap between the top-flap and the main body of the pack. He opens the door to his room, gives the innkeeper a generous tip, and leaves.

**Marcus**

Return to “Pathway”