Entering Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Hatsuo1980

Entering Pathway

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm

A dark skinned, draconic looking being enters pathway. He walks carrying what seems to be some sort of plant, flower or fern. He wonders through Pathway, having a look around and taking in the sights
............................................................................Image

bedevere

Re: Entering Pathway

Postby bedevere » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 am

*Out of nowhere, at the main entrance of Pathway, an elite group of Telerfret and Larkants appear, one of them carrying a banner of peace. A few seconds later, in the centre of this formation, the Haran appears. At his signal, they move into Pathway, until they are in the centre of the main courtyard. The Haran gestures to one of his Larkant followers, who moves away a little distance, before raising his voice*

Attention, people of the four tribes, and any others who would listen. His Lordship the Protector of Humanity has made the long journey here to make known the results of the recent elections to all. As the chosen residence of most of those blessed with the power of destiny, The Haran has deemed here the best place to make this announcement. Please gather to listen.

*The soldier then retakes his place at the Haran's side, waiting for the crowd to gather.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 am

*a few minutes after the haran and his men a group of heaverly armoured and equiped larkant warriors come rushing into pathway and move toward them. The group stops and seem very tense. they stand a few feet from the haran and his men with hands on weapons. Inglebert is among them and beacons 1 of his men*

Private go find Uthred tell him of my arrival.

*He then stares at the haran and moves towards him alone. he gets with in a couple foot clasps his swords hilt*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:24 am

Please do. I wish to speak to him directly. And you can stop posturing with this pointless bravado. You know as well as I do that you cannot raise a finger to anyone. Also, I am surrounded by a ritual of peace. Nobody within spell range of me can do anything with their essence, or cause harm with a weapon. Out of respect for their art, I am making sure this area does not cover the healers quarters, of course.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:05 pm

**From nearby comes a, possibly, rocognisable voice**

"And does this ritual of peace include yourself this time?"

**Quayle moves through the crowd until he is near the Haran where he bows**

"My Lord Haran, welcome to Pathway."

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Who is to say the previous one did not? Essence cannot be used, but I had the foresight to protect myself with multiple contingencies. Lesser mages might be unable to master such stacking of protections, but I have made a more thorough study of the art.

And thank you for a well mannered welcome, by the way. It seems rare that people show much respect for my office these days.

lews wright

Postby lews wright » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

why was no1 sent to his camp? i thought uthred would of sent some1.

*Ingleberts gaze turns to quayle for a moment before fixing on the haran again.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 pm

While we are waiting for Utred to arrive, if he feels like troubling himself, perhaps I should make one other announcement first. Specifically, that I have been appointed the Emperor of Humanity, the Lord Protector of the human lands. I will be the ultimate court of appeal, and will remove myself from the distractions of politics in order to ensure the safety of the people.

Too many times recently, those with more power than wisdom have brought about great disasters that harm those unable to do anything about it. I will champion those people, and do all I can to see them spared the worst of any future incidents. I have finally managed to undo the harm done to the Larkants by the interference in the aftermath of the previous elections, for instance. I am consulting with Midari regarding ways of combating the terrors unleashed more recently, as well. I hope to find effective means of ceasing this menace, though it seems to be something entirely new, and therefore difficult to determine the true nature of.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm

"Appointed? May I ask by whom?"

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:27 am

By the same authority that had previously appointed me Haran of the four tribes, specifically the will of the people. I have always been a servant of the people, and will serve them as they believe my talents are best suited. They wish for protection other than the unreliable nature of the heroes, and so I shall do my best to achieve this.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 am

Ah yes, I believe entirely that you have been appointed Emperor of Humanity in exactly the same way you were appointed Haran.

So, does your new office include the Hopestarved? The Serkanians? The Gwerians? Any of the lesser tribes? I am neither suggesting it should or should not, simply that if it does not then I feel a little uncomfortable with the title. On that subject, where constitutes human lands? Sinya Palurin of course, but where else? The Heartlands? Gweria? Pathway?

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Officially, the position covers only the people and the territories of the four tribes, though I shall protect anyone who is human when I can, especially if asked to. The lands covered, effectively the same answer. I will go where I need to, but will stay to where I have been asked whenever possible.

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:32 pm

**Uthred strides out of his office, fully armoured and starring cold blooded murder at the Haran**

"What brings you here usurper?"

**Uthred then glances at his men**

"Oh, and whoever left the gate open is getting a flogging"

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 pm

The gate was opened by myself. I did not anticipate it being opened upon my request, and walking in seemed more polite than simply teleporting in with all my men.

As for what I want, I am here to announce the results of the recent elections. Congratulations, Utred, haran of the Larkants.

*He moves a fold of his robes to reveal the blade of the Larkants, which he passes to Utred still in it's scabbard, hilt first.*

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:10 pm

**Quayle cocks an eyebrow, a half-smile on his lips before kneeling before Uthred**

Your Majesty.

**Turns his head to the Emperor**

Would the Harans be under your direct authority?

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Pathway”