Entering Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sproglet

Re: Entering Pathway

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:25 pm

**Uthred roars with laughter, then takes the sword which he immediately tosses to Quayle**

'Get some of our mages to take a look at that and make sure nothing 'interesting' has been done to it.'

'Oh, and stand up Quayle'

**Facing The Haran again UIthred cocks an eyebrow**

'So you have made official what all free Larkant believed in their hearts anyway. The question is, who do the Larkant that followed you here answer too and what do you expect of me now?'

General Uthred, Leader of the Free Peoples, Haran of the Larkant.
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:34 pm

They answer to who they always have. Their Haran. And I have never done anything to the minds of the Larkants. That was done by the ritual performed by the heroes, trying to stop my own. Their assumption that I was trying to control the minds of the Larkants in fact caused that to happen. Quai Zeal was a most capable ritualist, despite his other shortcomings, and his contribution to the heroes usual stomping about assuming that their beliefs could not possibly be incorrect ensured that the Larkants were severely troubled for a long time. Fortunately, I have managed to undo that. The Larkant tribe should now be free to think for themselves once more. I do not expect any thanks for this, of course.

There is, however, one matter that still troubles me, and is likely to trouble you, as well. Someone very capable interfered in the election, and has altered one of the results. I cannot prove it, though, which requires me to name that person the Haran anyway. Without proof, I am required to act as the law states I must.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:33 pm

**Quayle catches the sword and stands at Uthred's command, looking at the sword almost in wonder. He draws in gently from the scabbard and speaks quietly as he turns it over in his hands**

They say that this sword was presented to the first Haran of the Larkant but few know the story. Mahtar and Harwood, the first Harwood that is, were two brothers from the first days who rallied individuals into the tribe. While Harwood trod the Path as the Traveller, journeying across the world, his brother led our people. Mahtar eventually fell defending the first home of our people, Fort Tira on the border of Gweria. When Harwood returned from his travels, his brother had been dead more than five years.

They say Harwood never forgave himself, for despite everything he has achieved, he had not been there for his people...for his brother. He fasted for three days, in silent communication with the Path. The Path told him that though he might be the one to lead the Larkant, he was there first to serve them. He locked himself away in the forge of the settlement that would one day become the great city of Mahtar, named for his brother, and when he re-emerged he held this sword.

He called the Larkant to him and knelt before them, he drew this sword across his chest and the blade was stained for the first time. "My blood for my people" were the only words he offered but each seemed to know what to do in response. One by one every Larkant alive that day took the sword from Harwood, drew the blade across themselves, adding their blood to the blade before striking Harwood and speaking thus "and our blood for you" before handing it back to him. Our people had suffered greatly, losing the majority of their number in Gweria not to mention their homes and their leader but now they stood together, resolute, behind Harwood, the first Haran of the Larkant.

In this way every Larkant presented the blade to Harwood, a symbol of their loyalty to the bearer of the blade. It was meant as a symbol to rally, no control, our people but such power was imbued in it that day that it left a doorway to our souls open that a ritual could take advantage of.

**He turns to the Haran**

My lord, if what you have said is true then we have done you a grave diservice. I assumed the the wielder of the blade was the one who had abused its heritage. If that is not the case then I apologise unreservedly for any actions I have taken that were contrary to your wishes. I thank you for freeing the minds of my people and offer you the blessings of my lord Danahil for bringing such freedom. Though I am not worthy to call you friend, I will call you Emperor.

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:43 pm

You have my thanks, and my respect, for being the first of the heroes ever to admit the possiblity of error. As such, I would like to know your opinion of the problem at hand.

As I said, someone has corrupted the result of one of the elections. I believe I know exactly what has happened. One of the four artifacts used for the election ritual was stolen briefly, and although it seemed untainted upon it's return, the result of the election in question would indicate that there was indeed tampering, albeit one that I cannot detect by any means at all. I only know of two non deific beings capable of such a concealment of magics, and neither of them are even of the tribe in question. I believe they simply stole the wrong artifact, leading to another being declared the Haran of the tribe whose artifact it was, instead of the person who should be.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I cannot prove any of this. It is mere hypothesis, albeit one based on almost certain knowledge that this individual would never attain such popularity within their tribe. What then would you advise? Should I ignore the result of the election, or accept that I have no proof of an error, and name them the Haran of their tribe?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:51 pm

**Uthred looks worriedly at Quayle, then raises an eyebrow to the Haran before looking pointedly at all the surrounding people**

'Perhaps this should be discussed in private for the time being?'

'If you agree we can move to my office'

General Uthred

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Certainly. I should make sure you are aware of the ritual of peace centred on myself though. None can come to harm or use their essence as long as I hold this gem *He holds up a pinkish purple crystal*. A simple security to ensure no undue harm caused by the magics of Pathway if anyone got overexcited.

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 pm

**Uthred nods once then looks at Quayle**

'Colonel, if you would like to come with us, Vaptain Inglebert, please see to refreshments for the Haran's men then join us in my office'

**Turning back to the Haran**

'If you would like to follow me'

**So saying Uthred walks to his office**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

**Quayle looks thoughtful at the Emperor's words for a moment before speaking carefully**

Many were...surprised by the result of the election that saw yourself elected as Haran of the four tribes. No one before had ever been elected as Haran of a tribe to which he was not a member, let alone be Haran of more than one tribe. However then, as now, there was no evidence of any wrongdoing. I think that if you ignore the result of an election there will be people who believe that there has been no change, that you are still Haran and that the four people selected are merely your puppets.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be to perform the vote again for that tribe only and see what the result is now the artifact is back in the correct hands?

**Quayle**

**Quayle follows Uthred to his office**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:22 pm

*The Emperor follows, speaking as he does*

The artifact was returned before the ritual was performed. If there is indeed a deception hidden so well that I cannot detect it, then it is certainly going to last for more than a single performance of the ritual. I have considered the more obvious solutions, and sadly they are not viable, for various reasons, one of the more significant of which would be the alarm caused to a tribe by a repeat of the ritual mere days after the previous.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

An unremarkable young woman ambles down the road to pathway, clutching writing materials. As she sees the commotion around the gates, she speeds up with renewed interest in her destination, but stops short as soon as she sees the Emperor's banner. Scribbling furiously in her notepad she turns and storms back the way she came.

**Kel**
Last edited by Niamh on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 pm

*One of the Telefret guards breaks rank, and quickly catches up to Kel*

Sorry to ask this, but could you wait around? The Emperor said he had something to speak with you about, and your being here would save him tracking you down later. I'm sure he'll compensate you for any inconvenience caused.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 am

*A non-descript human dressed in a green and gold tabard slips through the confusion at the gates of Pathway and heads into town*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:02 pm

*Kel pauses, and glares at the guard, indignation at being stopped turning into confusion and finally resignation*

"I'll wait, but this had better be worth it."
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Thank you. He certainly said it was important. I don't know what about. Sorry to be any trouble, miss.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:14 pm

*After a few more minutes, the Emperor appears from the buildings again, and goes back to his guards. Seeing the people watching and waiting, he smiles faintly, and approaches Kel*

Greetings. I believe you are Kel of the Telerfret, yes?

Return to “Pathway”