Entering Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

Re: Entering Pathway

Postby Niamh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Yes, I am Kel. What do you want of me?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 am

*He smiles briefly*

It is not what I want from you, but what the people of the Telerfret want from you. Congratulations. You have been elected Haran of the Telefret.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm

*She looks utterly gobsmacked, shock overtaking resentment and defiance.*

...who, me? Really? Erm...well, that's a surprise...Are you sure?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Quite certain. It seems that many of those who taught you were impressed by your talents, as well as those you have dealt with since.

I will leave these advisors with you. Some are also trained as bodyguards, and can ensure a safer environment for wherever you choose to make your new court.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Erm...Thanks...So...what do I do now? To be honest, getting named leader of a tribe of people isn't something that happens to me terribly often, I'm a bit vague on the details...

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Do? Whatever you wish. You are free to change the laws of the Telefret as you feel appropriate, you have the right to sit in judgement of any dispute of your lands or people, and may issue any orderto your people that you feel is required.

The advisors here will aid you in learning the new role, and I will return as soon as possible to give you as much information as I can in person.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Right then...Well, erm, thanks for letting me know...I'll let you get on then...

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm

**A tall avian seems to wander through the group - his bronze feathers ruffling in the wind. He wears the tabbard of a telefret, and those who know avians can quite clearly tell he is not a full beast kin but half...and those with a brain can guess that his human half might be Telefret. He sees the Emperor, and the new Haran, and grins...with a beak...and heads over, bowing low before approaching.**

"My Lord, my lady. I couldn't help but over hear you little conversation...if you need someone to aid you, my lady, in....ahem...the workings of office, might I offer my assistance? I have worked in Hoopa, in Gweria, and being half avian, I can help with relations in Fikiawe...oh, and I can fly....and I have connections with other realms...would you like me to draw up a resume? Or shall I continue...?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 pm

*The Emperor smiles again briefly*

It seems politics is finding you already. Your advisors will stick around in case they are needed. For now, I will be nearby, if you require anything of me.

*He bows briefly, and heads towards a nearby seller of simple foods, getting himself something to eat, before taking a seat and apparently enjoying the very basic meal.*

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 pm

*Kel mutely waves goodbye and watches the ex-Haran helplessly as he walks away. Still looking dazed, turns to the avian*

"Your assistance would be gratefully accepted - though I didn't catch your name in that list of skills and achievements, mr?...I'm Kel...and now, apparently, Haran of the Telefret; that title's going to take some getting used to..."

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

The avian/telefret bows as the Emperor leaves, and inclines his head to Kel as she accepts his invitation.

"Forgive me, m'lady Haran, my name is Isaac, Isaac Surefeather. I am a telefret avian sorcorer. Though I am somewhat more inclined to death magic at the moment...I am perfectly balanced - so can call upon all areas of magic...Oh, and I can read and write - a talent lost to many these days...M'lady, should we go somewhere more private?"

**Isaac Surefeather**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 pm

*One of the emperor's advisors steps forwards*

M'lady, it is likely that many will wish to seek audience with you soon, and not all of them will wish you well. Perhaps it would be wiser to at the least take some of your guards with you?

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 pm

"Oh, of course - we have met before I think, please forgive my absent-mindedness. And please call me Kel, M'lady is just too strange. You're right - we probably should get out of the middle of the road - go to an inn or something."

*She looks doubtfully at the advisor*

"Do you really think guards are necesary? You're the expert on these things I suppose...though I can't imagine the news that I'm one of new Harans can have travelled quickly enough in the last ten minutes that there will be unpleasantness already - I haven't even done anything yet...If you really think it's worth it, that man with the pointy spear and all the armour can accompany us - if you don't mind, that is, Mr Guard. And you seem keen on advising, so if you could come too, that'd be good"

*She indicates a guard at random, then turns back to Isaac*

"Shall we go, then?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 pm

*The assorted Telerfret keep an efficient watch over their new Haran, mostly keeping out of the way, while making sure nothing too threatening gets close to her.*

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:46 am

High above the courtyard of Pathway, a walkway runs around the outer wall of the fort. Originally this was built in order for defenders to man during a siege in order to defend against anyone attempting to scale the walls. Although there is a safety wall separating the walkway from the courtyard (to stop defenders being knocked back and dying from the fall), it is still possible for someone on the wall to see down into the courtyard thus providing a good defensive position if the courtyard is breached. Of course, with the magical protections around Pathway this walkway is rarely used, only being patrolled every two hours. The last patrol took place just twenty minutes ago yet now a man exits the stairwell from below and silently moves into the shadows provided by the early evening sunset.

He wears a simple brown leather jerkin with grey trousers and cloak and carries a staff. Black was for fools and blades or bows put people on edge. In the half-light he applies a little pressure to the base of the staff and as he does it twists. Checking that no one is watching he turns the base of the staff again and removes it placing it beside him. Had there been anyone on the walkway that evening they would have seen that despite the staff looking like a solid piece of wood it was in fact hollow. They would also see the man turn it over and gently tip out the contents: a long metal tube and a small vial before screwing the base of the staff back on.

Picking up the metal tube, the man gently pulls a slim smoked glass cylinder from within, perhaps 6 inches long by a quarter inch thick. It is entirely glass except for the two rounded metal caps, one on each end, which he unscrews. The first cap leaves behind a sharp point made of slightly darker glass to the rest. As he unscrews the other end, he holds it up to the light, admiring the tiny flecks of dark metal throughout the glass causing its dark lustre. Carefully, he pours the contents of the vial into the thin cylinder, the liquid passing through the hollow glass and metal tube all the way to the end before screwing the cap back on.

He loads the cylinder back into the metal tube and twists the tube around several times, putting more and more effort in as it tightens the spring deep within. Moving towards the courtyard wall, he looks down at the Haran sitting looking into the courtyard, his back to the wall. Although a few of his men stand nearby, most seem relaxed with several surrounding a woman. He moves the tube up to his eye, points in at the Haran and gently tightens his grip.

A swish, a thud, a moment’s silence then a scream as the Emperor’s body slumps to the floor, an almost invisible bolt of glass protruding from his back. As his blood seeps into the floor, the Telerfret close ranks around Kel forming a protective barrier while the Larkant warriors surround the Emperor, one dropping down by his side.

The Warrior looks at the bolt, buried deep in the Emperor's back and does what comes naturally: he grabs the end of the bolt to pull it out but as soon as he puts pressure on it, it shatters, tiny shards of glass and metal raining down on the Emperor's back, the head and shaft buried deep inside the Protector of Humanity.

“HEALER!”

Return to “Pathway”