The Healing Center (Central Tower): A Store Cupboard

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Huw

The Healing Center (Central Tower): A Store Cupboard

Postby Huw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 pm

From behind a nondescript door in the Healing Centre comes a flash of light. After a small amount of time, there is a scuffing sound and then the handle turns, the door rattles.
"Oh, bugger." Says a voice "By the powers within me I untangle this knot, bid that this lock be opened. Unseal."
There is a click from the lock, and a one-eyed High Elf comes out, self-consciously shutting the door behind him.
"I'm sorry," he says to a passing healer, who stands watchng him with her mouth open, "I didn't expect it to be locked. I guess, i'll tell whoever has the key."
He glances at his shoes and pushes his spectacles up his nose. "Oh, and can you tell me if there's a Serkenian woman here called Kira?"
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Ceinwen

Re: The Healing Center (Central Tower): A Store Cupboard

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 am

Kira had been busing herself around the healing center helping the healers in tending to patients, spending alot of time simply engaging them in friendly conversation to make them feel more at ease and comfortable. Hearing her name she looks up and smiles at Ancalimon, she quickly gets to her feet to greet him,

It is good to see you again, Is there anything i can do to help you?

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:46 pm

"Ah, excellent! That was fast. I was worried that you might have gone somewhere else... right. I have quite a lot to tell you." He shifts his bag on his shoulder and puts his hand inside "The sample of blood that you gave me, in order to cure a Demon Werewolf...I've managed to purge it. So, I think we might be able to cure you of the infection you have, thought I'm not certain about it. Essentially, we need this" he produces a small potion bottle of shimmering red liquid "and a purgative that - oh, for -
He looks in his bag, and rummages a bit.
"-And a purgative that is somewhere in Pathway. Probably. Well, a human called Nathaniel has it, and he said he was going here. Blast."

It's only a game.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Kira looks confused as Ancalimon speaks,

"You found a cure"?

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

*Nathaniel walks in the door*

Ah, there you are. Sorry about that, my talisman must have been working after all. Didn't smell magical, so either I'm still getting the hang of noticing magic, or it's magic doesn't radiate at all. 'Conceal Power', I think is the spell name, yes?

Anyway. I take it you want the bottle for the cure? Here you go.

*Nathaniel passes over the required liquid*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:35 pm

"Oh, good. Where did you go? I was going to tell you that I only knew the Healing Centre and the Library, but you teleported too soon. But you're here now - so moving on:"
He takes the bottle from Nathaniel's hand."I haven't found a cure, as such...I'm not completely certain that it's going to work. But I do have a theory, based on some very promising experiments - well, one promising experiment."
He pauses for a moment as if marshalling his thoughts.
"There is, however, a problem...attempting this cure will, I think, be as much a magical and emotional task as an alchemical one. It will require, in essence, a ritual, in which we use these two" he wiggles the bottles in his hands "to drive out the infection of the Demon Werewolf and, well, kill it. If we can."
"It would be very dangerous at best. As well as taking a lot of preperation."

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Driving out the infection would, at a guess, leave a ritual circle containing demon and werewolf. Each defeatable, each very dangerous. I have assorted contacts and allies who might offer assistance in various means, I'll contact them all, and see what help I can gather. Probably not much direct help, but perhaps advice on the ritual, if we're lucky. I know of several capable ritualists, though some I've not seen in years...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Kira turns to Nathaniel with a cheerful smile and bowing politely,

You must be Nathaniel, it is a pleasure to meet you sir. Thank you both for all the work you have done.

Im afraid i know very little about rituals or magic for that matter, but i will do all i can to help...

A look of concern flickers across Kira's face

The demon ware wolf gets inside my head... When i am near him it causes me immense amounts of pain, constantly trying to convert me.. turn me from my god. Im afraid i wont be much help inside this ritual, but i will do all i can.

And if there is anything i can do to repay the two of you for all your help, you only need to ask.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 pm

A winter elf with a wrapped up hand arrives at the healing centre.

<Cynrik>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 pm

*A few seconds after the winter elf enters, Nathaniel is staring at him*

Um... Sorry, but... You have a most unusual scent. I take it you can guess what has my attention?

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:41 am

The winter elf nods and unwraps his right hand - or not exactly his right hand. His right arm ends at the wrist and attached to it is a left warewolf hand.

" It stops me using my sword. Can anything be done about it? "

* a few drops of blood drip out from underneath his chain armour *
<Cynrik>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Ancalimon notices the Winter Elf and peers at the limb.
"Yes. Yes, in theory. I'm sure there is a way in which to correct this. I take it you've tried to remove the limb and then regrow it using life magic?" He think for a minute.
"I'm sorry, but this will take some time to analyse, and I'm somewhat distracted at the moment. I'm more than happy to look into it, but after I've finished talking to this lady...feel free to listen in though, as what I say might be relevant to you."
Looking at Kira again, he steps around so that he is on the other side of her, then says:
"A ritual... Nathaniel is right, we're going to need a lot of help: fighters, ritual contributors, magic - even magical weapons if we can get them. Primarily to deal with the Demon and Werewolf aspects that I expect to manifest after we've purged you. I can lead the ritual, but definately not defeat the Aspects alone."
"So how do we get people to aid us? Advertise and offer money?"

It's only a game.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Cynrik's remains silent through Ancalimon's examination. At the mention of life magic he gives an expression that he intends to mean <Do I look like a caster to you?>.

<NOTE: If you have DNW you are aware the limb is on zero >
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Kira smiles at the winter elf as he enters but turns attention back to Ancalimon as he speaks.

"I think our first problem will be getting the demon werewolf into a ritual circle, im sure he will not do so willingly... and when the ritual is done perhaps there is some way of separating demon and werewolf so we don't have to fight them at once?
Though i have no idea how this may be achieved, maybe it could be done by magical means?

Kira sighs shaking her head,

"Im sorry, im afraid im well out of my depths here, i know very little about magic and even less about rituals, i really wish i could be of more help."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:28 pm

*Nathaniel looks at the limb*

Hmm... Whoever did this was clever, but... well, damned foolish as well. The infection hasn't spread, as far as I can tell. Get a healer to numb any pain you feel, cut the hand off, and drink this potion. It'll regrow your own hand, though that will take several minutes.

*He places a bottle on the table.*

Now if you'll excuse me, I should really leave. I find myself running low of numbing elixir, and the walls are starting to feel a bit too confining. If you need me, I shouldn't be far for the rest of the day.

Return to “Pathway”