Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Chee

Re: The Shrine of Gerethanax

Postby Chee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm

The group disappear off to viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3466&p=50973#p50973

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Later, when the Lost Soul's had departed, a human and an elf made of diamond wander back to the Shrine. The human sits outside of the shrine, as not to disrespect one faith by calling on his own, and sat in deep meditation, focusing his mind only on Lady Hope.

All he thought about in the meditation was Hope, in all things, life and death, peace and war, how everything, no matter how trivial, contained some form of Hope. It had never occured to him before, when he thought about it. But then, until recently, he had never been particuarly religious. Maybe retiring from the life of a swordsman and going back to living in the mountains as a hermit wasnt such a bad idea...

He broke the train of thoughts there and then. People needed the kensei. Not because they always needed another swordsman, not because they needed another Hope follower, but because they needed someone, anyone, to show them that someone was willing to fight for them. Not as a hero, but simply as a man. And besides...the true essence of the sword had yet to be found. Until such a time that he could consider himself invincible, he would never rest. Even if it took his life span and more, he would not place his sword away just yet...

He drew out his blade, made of rock, and held it out infront of his body. The shadow it cast, the curve of the sword, the glimmer of light...it was like a painting, a classical painting in which a piece of time is captured. He looked over the blade and thought about its structure. Earth, soil, rock and a few small crystals. Earth was a foundation, on which people lived...his sword now represented this. It was a basis for all things to live upon...

He spent much time reflecting this, passing the time by praying to his Lady, or thinking about the way.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 am

Warryn moves to the centre of his shrine. Standing in his usual position watching over his friend as he prays. Thankful for his respect.

What a strange day it had been.

*Warryn*
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

Eventually, the Swordsman stood up. He had resheathed the sword at some point, and now dusted any dirt of his clothes, careful when so close to the shrine of the Earth God not to do so "disrespectfully".

He turned his head to meet the glittering eyes of his crystaline companion, and offered a shy smile.

There are things left unfinished for me to do. I have many obligations to keep, and my word is my law. The most immediate would be that which was left undone when I fought under Haze...the Midari. Are they still a threat to her now, or has my absence seen their death without me?

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 am

We, being Shogo and I... he pauses for a moment.

We helped to cleanse the island of Midari. At a big cost though. he looks over to the statue and smiles an empty smile.
I guess a lot has happened recently. Yes the wolf people have been dealt with, except for the big big big one, but he hasn't been around much lately. I don't know what else is going on, I haven't been to Pathway recently, if you go there and find something to do let me know and I will try and help.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:03 pm

The swordsman nods sadly when Shogo is mentioned, obviously missing him, his eyes becoming gloomier.
I see. It was a large price to pay, emotionally. Hopefully, the cost was worth the object of desire.

He gazes in the direction of Pathway and then back to the elf.
Last I found, Pathway was going to the wastes and back with all the chaos. Unless thigns have cleared up, it makes little point, I suppose... he ended with a considering tone, rubbing his chin.

A silence passes and he finally breaks it
Well, I best see what I can do in Pathway anyway... he smiled again, not shyly but actually quite happily, It was good to see you Warryn. And you too, Shogo. If I can ever help you again, seek me out and I will come to you. Until then, may your God, and Hope, keep you. For now...sayonara.

He bowed, very low, showing deep respect for his friend(s), and started off towards Pathway again...

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Warryn looks at the statue of Shogo as the Swordsaint leaves, and whispers in a low tone

Don't listen to him about Hope keeping you Shogo... I don't think he remembered what being around Gods did to you... actually just don't listen to him about Hope, most of their followers are silly people. He is okay though.

Warryn smiles, sadly missing his friend.

Right then, helping people and things. Just got to wait around... aaaaaaany minute now someone will come screaming out of those bushes saying they need the help of an Earthy Warrior...

Warryn waits for about 30 seconds.

Guess not...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 am

In the circle of stones, just fixed, the upright diamond elf falls to his knees. As his heavy legs crash into the ground he sighs deeply. Particles of sand and rock fall from his body, slowly at first but then large chunks cascading from his skin, revealing the light and slightly translucent skin beneath.

Warryn was familiar with this feeling, he had only just cured himself of it. His mind searched for the voice in his shield and even before he could ask the question, Onyx answered:

It's not me...

Warryn frowned, yet again his God had been made mortal... and weak.

The stone walls of the shine began to come crashing down, Warryn now unable to sustain them. Chunks of earth rolled across the shrine, the large stones moving themselves. The earth itself held firm, but Warryn was worried.

LORD GERETHENAX, ALMIGHTY GOD OF THE EARTH!! It's me, Warryn...again. What has happened to you? Why have you yet again falled from your rightful throne!! I, your Paladin pledge to do all that is in my power to protect you, and to restore you to your rightful place... again. Tell me who has usurped you, show me to them so I may smite them down in your glorious name!... again. Please Lord Gerethenax, hold on!

Warryn stood, heaving his heavy stone shield onto his arm, his stone sword by his side and his ornate armour ready.

By the power of earth and my birth given abilities may I forever be protected, in the name of Gerethenax almighty God may my skin turn to stone. May rocks cascade down upon my foes and hinder their spells... especially the air ones. May my body be as unyielding as a mountain, enduring as that Zemepatis man, he liked that word, and as powerful as the earth itself.
(OOC: Rockskin 1 *sighs*, shield of elements 4 - air, water, fire, shadow, light)

With that Warryn paced his shrine, walking in a circle trying to feel for his mortal god. Truth be told a part of him wanted to see his God again, it felt like they had spent more time talking face to face than they ever had in a diety-devotee relationship.

I hope he is not angry with me... Onyx stated, a lack of real fear in his voice and a slight sarcastic tone creepy in.
I just hope he's not angry with me... Warryn stated in a much more sincere way.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:11 am

*Being familiar with the experience of turning mortal, Gerethenax knows where he should turn to. He makes his way, as quickly as possible, using the little earth magic he can muster to Warryn's shrine, hoping his Paladin would be there. He arrives at the shire be-straggled, weakened and in such a mess that he is almost unrecognisable to the diamond elf. There is more fear in his face this time, he is unsure what he can do, or what can be done to return him to power. He sees his Paladin stop and turn to face him, smiles and whispers his name relief flooding through him, before collapsing to the ground at Warryn's feet.*

"Warryn..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 am

Warryn supports his Lord, propping him up against one of the large tenet stones. His face fraught with panic, an emotion he had been gifted with when he changed... one that was less than welcome. He did not talk, for he didn't want to bother his God. Instead moved around him in a pacing motion, round in circles lowly chanting, a similar chant to the one he had just done earlier, though this time changing the ''I'''s, and ''me''s to ''LORD GERETHENAX''.
(OOC: Rockskin 1, and shield of elements 4 to Air, Earth, Water, Fire, Shadow, Light)

Once he had finished he planted his feet in front of the stone, so that there was always something earth alighned between any assailant and Gerethenax.

Then Warryn begins to talk in a low voice, loud enough for his God to hear him.

There is another God I should protect... Lazar. He has Shogo and if I help him now, protect him now, perhaps I can get him back. Though I will not call him here if you do not wish it Lord.

Upon seeing Gerethenax nod and say "Help all you can." Warryn chants:

Lazar, God of blood and acquantance of mine. Keeper of Shogo's soul and spirit. I Warryn, Paladin of Gerethenax will protect you should you wish it. In exchange I wish to make a deal with you for Shogo's return. Please, if you wish for an ally in these dark times, come to my shrine! I mean you no harm!
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 am

A short time later, another armoured figure appears trudging towards the shrine, shield and mace in hand. Arriving, he drops down to one knee before the now mortal god. "My Lord." Then rises. "What must be done?"
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 am

The area around the Stone Shrouded Shrine darkens and a whispered laugh echoes through the place...

All of my power remains mortal. It seems to me that the offer of protection and debt should be the other way around... after all, the divine beings will surely be hunted down by their enemies... do you think the Shadow Elves will not hunt down Asternia? or the Air Elves hunt down your Lord? I am sure you would seek to hunt down Eremethal just because he and his magic is a bane to your race... and yet you have a greater task in protecting him, and he would probably be displeased should you kill his Brother.

Again, consider my aid should you think it needed, afterall it isn't every day that the Might Deity of the Earth is in debt to one such as I.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:04 pm

The Air elves can try, they wont succeed. Air magic will break upon me like the waves break apon cliffs. If you do not need help then I havee nothing to offer for Shogo... yet.

With that Warryn dropped the conversation and turned to Zemepatis.

Hello again, please don't disturb our Lord, he must be very tired and hardly wants to answer our questions. However, tired he may be, but we must carry him somewhere. I think it's time we visited the Earth Elves. There is a royal family, someone told me about Z-am-ee-lia or someone, though apparently she's dead, still if Onyx Warryn frowned and looked at his shield Hasn't killed them all then we will find allies there.

With that Warryn moved quickly, which for him was not fast at all. He heaved up a large rock aand placed another at 90 degrees to it making a sort of chair. Then he opened his arms and roots from the ground wrapped the two slabs together, binding them into a throne. The flowers and roots making the symbol of Gerethenax on the back.

Then with care he lifted his God onto the chair, packing it with dirt so that hee was comfortable. He then began to encant, walking round slowly and praising the Earth God, (OOC: Colin gain Rockskin 1 (if you dont already have it) and shield of elements 4: earth, water, air, fire, shadow, light)

Warryn then almost Idly walked over to the trees just outside his shrine and picked up two large and mostly straight logs, with another low encant, vines wrapped and binded them to the bottom of the chair, acting as Palaquin handles. Thus the Throne of the Earth God was ready.

Right Zemepatis, if you grab the back then we should get going.

Assuming he does (will edit if needed)

The two diamond elves moves forward carrying the Earthen throne with their God aloft. Heading for the mountains and the Earth Elf kingdom.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:27 pm

"I know of Zemilia. I met her once, though I don't recall her fate. She founded the city of Naturlin, before it was destroyed along with most of our people. I had expected her line had been there as well." His gaze drifts around the clearing as he looses himself in his thoughts for a few minutes. Then he helps Waryn take up the weight. Though he is nowhere near as strong as his brother, and the strain is quite clear, he makes no complaint or sound as they begin to walk, slowly towards the far mountains.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Soon after the followers of the earth god have departed, a figure in armour approaches. Marcus steps into the light, but maintains his distance from the shrine, so as not to anger the earth god, but more importantly his follower, Warryn, who held the mistaken belief that Marcus was some kind of paladin of Despair. Still, that could not be helped. He needed aid.

"Lady Hope, guide me. Lord Gerethanax, though I am not of your calling, I humbly ask that you you hear this prayer. The power of my goddess must be restored, lest the world fall to Despair, and the earth become corrupted so that it yields its fruits no more. I humbly ask that I be permitted to work with your follower, Warryn, for the greater good of all."

So saying, Marcus kneels a fair distance away from the shrine, watching.

**Marcus**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Return to “Pathway”