The Shrine of Gerethanax

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: The Shrine of Gerethanax

Postby dainul » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Zemepatis looks over as his Lord stamps his foot and is somewhat surprised to see the equipment appearing out of the floor. There is a flicker of emotion on his face, concern, and then he returns to his normal calm expression. He turns back to Warryn. "It would seem that we are ready."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Chee

Postby Chee » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:53 am

A Grey shirikan arrives, tired and well traveled.

I need rest. Wake me when we are about to go.

With that, the tattered shirikan finds a comfortable spot and curls up to sleep.

**Dreth'kar**

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 am

Fionan walks over and shakes him awake.

" We are ready to go. "
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:04 am

Aviendha wearily climbs the stairs that lead back to the worlds surface. Ice and snow still cling to her cloak and she shivers uncontrollably. Upon reaching the top of the stairs she looks around her seeing the shrine Warren has created and nearby is the statue that once was her closest friend. Her eyes take on a glazed appearance as they fill with tears of grief. She stumbles across the uneven frozen ground and kneels by his feet. The warm tears flow steadily across her cheeks as she finally finds a release for the painful loss she feels inside.

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:04 am

(a day later)

Warryn walks through the shrine, the light reflecting off the snow around, hitting his skin and refracting outwards splashing different coloured light outwards.

He was different now, his body changed and his mind also. He began to feel emotions that he wasn't sure existed. The ways of his people, their dull and some would say boring traditions seemed to have bounced off him as the light had done. He felt new strength, though could not define it unlike the now sharp edges of his skin.
To our shrine then brother? the voice of Onyx rumbled, eminating from his shield but unable to be heard by anyone else.

Ha! Yes, of course! We have much work to do.

Warryn did not mind work, it kept his mind occupied and really, what was hard work when his Lord was restored to glory and Warryn's position at his side confirmed. As he approached the shrine he felt a pang of memory, the grim face of Onyx falling over the edge, in the abyss and torn at by shadows. His stone body shattered by the darkness. However the memory did not stay long, that too seemed to bounce out of his mind.

He arrived at the broken circle, the stones still smashed and the Earth torn. His god had left, obviously...

Warryn smiled, walking into the centre where he usually stood. He dug his heels in and planted his feet, the earth responding slowly. It had changed ownership recently and was growing accustomed to it's old ways. Warryn then slung his shield on his back and held his shining arms outward. With effort he pulled them in wards, slowly and as he did the fissure began to close, rumbling as the Earth sealed itself shut. He then stomped his right foot as one of the large stones of eight left its resting place, righting itself. He stomped and span, his arms, feet or merely his mind commanding the rocks to move until all eight stood proudly as they once had. He then set about clearing the debris, taking care to thank the earth for each rock moved, defining the circle further.

When he was done the elf glanced at the statue of Shogo, seeing Avhienda there.

I guess that will do.

A grin spread across his face, as it had not done before.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 pm

The Swordsman walks out of the stairs from the earth, soon after Warryn finishes reconstruction. He felt weary and cold, but he felt lighter after the day. The true God of Earth had been brought back, and in doing so, he felt that he had brought some Hope to those plagued by Onyx. The sword made from rock that Gerathenax had given him glinted from various bits of crystal withing the blade in the light, and his heart swelled with a sense of pride, as it seemed to him like a sort of trophy. He quickly shook these thoughts aside, reminding himself not to take things too far...
After all, someone had died that day. And Aviendha was hurt deeply by the loss of someone he knew she valued. Seeing Shogo there must have pulled her heart strings and though he did not know how deep their relationship was, he knew she hurt more than anyone else.
He walked through the snow past Warryn, giving him a shy, but warm, smile, glad they had done that which they had intended and croushed beside Aviendha, putting an arm on her and rubbing her back, trying to give his friend some small comfort. He wanted to say something to fix her, to make her feel better, but he couldnt find any words that would help. Instead, he just opted for simply rubbing her back, making her a bit warmer and staying with his two important friends, hoping that all could be well...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Lirael

Postby Lirael » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 am

Aviendha lays a hand on top of Galantines finding comfort in her friends presence, she says nothing as there is nothing to be said. After several hours kneeling on the cold earth at the feet of her fallen friend she pushes herself to her feet turning to Galantine as she rises. "I thank you for being her with me but now I must leave. My duties lie with the healing centre and now, more than ever, I cannot abandon them for my own grief." With these words she leaves the shrine making her way back through the streets of pathway to the chaos that still has the healing centre resembling a recently kicked anthill.

*Aviendha*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:05 pm

The swordsman says nothing to her, knowing no words can give her back what she has lost. Still, he offers a smile, hopefully.
As she walks off, he watches her go and speaks jut loud enough for her:
Aviendha, my important friend, please keep living for the memory of Shogo-sempai. And for those who need and love you too.

He doesnt watcher her leave, regretting that there is nothing he can do for her now. But, he has Hope in knowing that she will never give up, not yet anyway. It was a long way away yet but...maybe next time the night came, Shogo would return. If so, he swore to bring him back to her.

Once Aveindha left, the swordman sat down beside the shrine, watching his other friend, in his new form, seeing if their was anything else left for him to do, anyone who still needed him. He waited and watched as Warryn worked, patient for a change.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:25 am

Warryn had watched the exchange, choosing not to be involved. He moved around the shrine clearing it slowly, working his way round in a circle. As he approached a particularly heavy pile of debris, near to where the swordsman was standing he smiled, rocks filling his arms.

He then exclaimed, almost playfully, no more emotionless as before,

You know, you could give me a hand!

He grinned, and then grimaced as the weight of the rocks strained his arms.

If only I had a wheelbarrow...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 pm

The swordsman smiles at his friend, and joins him in a blink of an eye, taking hold of part of the deris and lifting it slightly, with considerable effort visible by his face, and strain on his muscles. Hearing the part about a wheel barrow though, he almost dropped the stone on his feet from laughing.

He looked about hurriedly, wanting to put the rock down before it broke his arms out of his sockets before they finished the work.

Where do you want this put? Im not as sturdy as you... he added the last part hurriedly, as his fingers started to slip the roick a little, and he tried to recover quickly.

((OOC: 4 Strength lifting the rock))

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Just outside of the circle

He seems to be under more strain than his friend (strength 1!) and they bumble forward placing the large stone down a few feet from the Shrine.

May you be safe in your new resting place.

Warryn said to the stone.

Right! I think thats the last of it... I guess I should go about rebuilding the following... I wonder, do you know where the Earth elves live? I've never really been to an Earth elf city...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:46 pm

The swordsman though for a moment then shook his head, sadly.
I've never been there. A shame really. I would ahve said to try Dvani, but obviously, the Heartlands are in less than their usual brilliant state. Perhaps asking your God? After all...your kind are his people.

He shrugs and waits for Warryn to tell him what he plans on doing. He takes a look at the newly repaired Shrine and smiles at the work. The tennants, Shogo's statue...everything as they should be.

Ceinwen

Postby Ceinwen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 pm

A cloaked figure comes running towards the shrine, she stops a short distance from the group falling to her knees, her hood covering her face. She cries out speaking quickly holding back tears

Help please... You have to help me. There's a cave just north of here. There are people inside.. Undead..H..horrible undead.. There gonna kill all those peasants...Oh my god... they killed one already... Soooo much blood... Please you have to help.

She doesn't wait for a response, as soon as she finishes she quickly scrambles to her feet and heads towards Pathway to spread the message and plea for help.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:00 pm

(Not long after the woman passes by, another person follows, at a swift running pace. He doesnt stop to look at the elf or human, but runs towards Pathway)

The swordsman turns his head to the woman as she appears then in the direction she came in. he looks at his friend Warryn.
Is it safe here? Should we go to the place she mentioned? he does not appear to care who it was that gave the message, but is more intent upon the fact she needed help.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 pm

You don't have to come if you don't want to. However few people ask for my help these days and it may be a chance to spread the word of our respective Gods. The church of the Earth God needs strengthening. Also it's in a Cave!! How bad can it be.

Warryn's monotonous voice continues, but his face seems much more lively than it had been previously. Light shining off his skin.

He bent over and lifted the heavy rocky shield, grabbing his rock sword and marched over to the side of the shrine facing Pathway, he then adressed the Swordsman.

Right! Where are we going? I'm not too fast... so you may have to wait for me...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Pathway”