somewhere on a road heading in the direction of Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

that_darn_elf

somewhere on a road heading in the direction of Pathway

Postby that_darn_elf » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 pm

A cloaked traveller is walking along the road with silent footfalls; wary and quiet, and yet without fear... humming a strange eerie song that is in its way haunting and beautiful, although chilling. The traveller stops humming though, when someone passes, and only resumes when they have continued out of earshot.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Re: somewhere on a road heading in the direction of Pathway

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:21 pm

The cloaked person sees a human in Serkanian clothes with a cross shaped scar on the left cheek walking out of some trees and onto the road. At his side, there is a katana, made entirely of earth and rock. His clothes seem to be tattered at the edges, and he is covered in some dirt.

The direction he walks in, seems to be the same direction as the cloaked person...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm

The cloaked person stops humming, watching the human... are they a threat or not? but something about them seems vaguely familiar... The cloaked person decides to watch from a safe distance for a little while first...

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:39 pm

The human doesnt seem to pay mind of the traveler behind him. He simply continues walking down the road, humming to himself, occasionally staring at the sky as he walks along in a habitual way.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

The traveller quickens thier pace, at least intending to pass the human, and unobtrusivly see if its whom they think it is.
After a few minutes, the traveller draws level with the human, and glances sideways as they are about to pass.

Galatine?

[OOC Galatine will see little of the travellers face, just a glimpse of grey skin in the shadows of the cloaks hood]

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:15 pm

The human stops dead in his tracks, the expression of his face one of curiousness. He glaces at the cloaked stranger, noting the colour of shadows...that seem to be not merely shadows but skin tone. His ki starts to move around him, stretching out, the feeling hanging in the air.

Thats an old one. Not many people know that name unless they travelled with him, and its not one on any records.

He has the faintest trace of a smile on his lips by this time, almost in self satisfaction.
I gave up that name with my death...but yes, that is who I was. Who might you be, stranger? My senses rtell me a being of shadow...and three names come to mind with that, two of which are confirmed to be deceased, one of which... he trails off here, watching the person beside him.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

The traveller pulls hack her hood a little, revealing Dreith's face in the deeper shadow of the hood. She pauses slightly at his remark about having been dead

So you have been dead? she pauses, thinking she has just probably made a big mistake... so, if I may ask; if you were named Galatine, who exactly are you now then?. If you are the soul whom I believed you to be, you will know who I am, There is slight hostility in her tone despite the clear attempt to keep her voice controlled. If this IS Galatine, then she doesnt want to antagonise a friend. But if it isnt, if it is some other creature in his body... If this is something else......

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

The human smiles at the familiar face.
Ah, I was right then. Good to see you again Drieth, last time we spoke was on Brockman isle.

He said this more to prove he is who she believes him to be than simply to remember it himself.

He continues, speaking in a much calmer voice around the shadow elf than most would expect int their presence,
Yes, I AM Galatine...or was. I gave up my old name. Seems fitting really, after I died I was free of Sanctus, and seeing as Galatine was always affected by Sanctus, I wanted to start from scratch.

He pauses for breath and goes on: Anyway, while I was dead, I helped Kanslaar to gain his powers back in the Night of the Nearly Living Dead, fought alongside Aquilla, Kalist, the Golem, Warryn, Raz Amataz...a lot of heroes. Oh, V'jel was there too...

He thinks for a moment more.
Actually, because of an allegance I made in the Hopewastes before getting out that night, I guess Im technically the one with the name Amataz...I forgot that part. Galatine Amataz? Ugh...sounds gross. he chuckles at the name and keeps in pace with his friend.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Dreith looks at him oddly.
So what became of Sanctus? She smiles. One of the people she hates most, is dead then. Thats good. And despite the fact that once one is dead, they should remain dead, it is good to see Galatine - or whatever he calls himself now.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm

The swordsman shrugs with a smile.
I neither know, nor currently care. A part of her always will remain in me, no magic can reverse that taint, but its more like a finger print on a glass window. Its simply THERE, and beyond giving me the skills to feel anything supernatural, it does nothing. I am bound by certain obligations to avoid searching for the sword Sanctus is within, and even should I come across it, my intentions would merely be to claim it to destroy it outright now that I am no longer bound to it.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Dreith shrugs. Its good to see you by the way. Humans like thier social niceties. Things like "hello". So what do you want to be known as at the moment? I'm, officially, Dreshka at the moment.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

The swordsman shrugs simply to her question.
I dont really care what you call me. You can use my old name, should you wish, or any name you want to use. it matters very little to me.

He noted that she had said it was good to see him. From her, that probably meant a lot, he knew. Either that or she was in a good mood, but he didnt see any blood on her, so that couldnt be right...

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Dreith walks alongside Galatine silently for a time, then speaks So, are you travelling to Pathway?

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm

The swordsman nods with a smile.
This was my intention, yes. Since I lost my last blade, I need to see if I can have this one made stronger. Gerethenax gave it to me when we were restoring him to power, but its just as useful as an ordinary blade...if it can be improved, I would have it done.

he seemed a bit angry at the description of the blade of earth he carried. Not because he was ungrateful for it, nor that he hated it, but simply because after being used to a sword he was practically born with, that was completely indestructable, it felt strange and alien to him to hold a sword that seemed so...inferior.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Dreith smiles faintly. A good weapon is always handy, and one should have as good a weapon as one can afford. She looks closer at the sword I think most metal workers would be slightly confused by that one. Though, a mage or crafter may be able to help you...

Return to “Pathway”