somewhere on a road heading in the direction of Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Re: somewhere on a road heading in the direction of Pathway

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm

The swordsman nods again.
My thoughts exactly. Though, I am aware that metal comes from earth, so I wouldnt rule out most metal workers altogether...besides, I ahrdly know any crafters, and few amges who could change this blade...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 pm

There are always places to ask, in a town like that Dreith wanders along thinking for a few minutes...
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 pm

As the pair continue onward, there is another hooded, cloaked figure sitting by the side of the road. As they approach, it looks up and stares at them intently. The stare is made even more disconcerting by the fact that all three of the staring eyes are down one side of the creature's black face, and a full five more eyes are watching... something else. Possibly several somethings.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm

The swordsman seems to think for a moment, and his memeory rejogs to the time on the island. A certain spider had been there...
He walks along with Dreshka and over to the spider. He then bows politely to the spider.

Greetings, One Who Walks the Path of Fate.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Dreshka stares at the spider in amazement. Spiders have haunted her dreams all her life, messengers, possibly gods. Could this be one of them? This is no normal spider that lives in the corners of dwellings or weaves its webs to catch buttlerflies in the woods. And Galatine KNOWS this spider?

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm

There is a confusion of focus, and Galatine finds himself looking into a more conventional pair of eyes about half-way down the creature's face, while another remains watching Dreith. The remaining five continue to flick around, either watching things the pair of travellers could not see, or taking a very animated interest in the road and rocks around them.

"Greetings, Galatine. Who is this other?"

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm

The swordsman smiles and geustures to Dreshka, used to the spiders habit of watching that which others probably never will by this time to at least some degree.
This is Dreshka, an old friend. he says to the spider,in a warm sort of voice, as though talking to another friend, in the sort of way someone who has fought along side another might refer to the one they fought by. He does not seem put off by the spider in the least, probably to Dreshka's confusion.

After the time on the island, I lost contact with some people from the island itself...that was my fault. I didnt know where to find you though, it never occured to me to ask.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Dreshka is unusually respectful in her tone as she speaks to the spider
It is an honour that you have chosen to bless us with your presence

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:46 pm

The spider turns its head now, to regard Dreshka with the same pair of eyes with which it had favoured Galatine. It slowly blinks each other eye, and as each opens, it is looking at the Shadow Elf. Then it blinks all of its eyes slowly, and turns back to Galatine again, four eyes scanning across the world around, while the bottom pair remain closed and one focusses on him.

"This one travels where it's path takes it. It's path and this other's were not spun to cross again until this point." It pauses. "Does your thread entangle with that of the knowledge of the Fate of the Marcus?" it asks.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:22 pm

The swordsman touches his hand to his chin, thoughtfully, trying to remember the last time he had seen Marcus. Now that he thought about it, the two warriors of Hope had only crossed paths before...

He snapped out of his thought processess as he remmebered the scene of his death. No point dwelling on the past...

Im afraid not, Fate. I...how did you put it...my thread was severed? Something like that. Anyway, eventually I--I mean...my thread was respun? Urm...well, if you understand what Im trying to say, I havent seen Marcus since my time had ended, and what my lady had in store for him since then. Have you seen him recently?

The swordsman does not seem to be mocking the way the spider speaks, but is trying to put his words in the spider's context even if rather badly. He does seem interested in how Marcus is though. He had no doubt the warrior was in one piece at least...

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:52 pm

"This other's path took it from this world and back again. But threads that were intertwined with this other have parted from this other's thread, this one sees." The creature pauses to get back on track. "This one sees the Marcus captured by the walking dead. It was taken alive and made as stone. This one does not see it again. This event is one and a half months into the World that Was."

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

At the sound of Marcus having been captured by undead, the swordsman's eyes widen in horror. Behind this is...rage? Determination? Who can tell? A moment of calm silence follows, then as the swordsman's lips begin to part for him to speak, around him, the wind picks up. Violently. A bit of energy crackles around the swordsman, visibly. A magic he probably copied from Aquilla, it seems...that of the storm.

That which is dead should remain as such, unless they find a way to leave as the lord of the realm of death wills it. If these things captured Marcus and you could tell me WHERE Marcus has been taken, Fate? And by whom?

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Dreshka is watching this exhange, curious that Galatine seems to know the spider, and in awe of the spider itself. She is however impressed by Galatines words, though she steps back a little to avoid the storm forming around the swordsman.

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 pm

"This one sees only a skeleton it does not recognise. This one does not know where the Marcus resides in the World That Is." The creature pauses a moment, then continues. "This one shall examine this other's path." The set of eyes that had been closed while it was talking to Galatine open, and most of the others close. The spider begins to mutter and chant. "The Web of Fate" and "The pattern Binder" are phrases that come up repeatedly as the few open eyes cast back and forth, staring intently at the area around Galatine, then the spider goes quiet.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:20 pm

The swordsman's aura of energy slowly begins to fade, but even it its weakest, tiny crackles of electricity flicker over his body occasionally. He calmed down so that his anger towards someone harming his ally did not cause him to make a rash decision. He had thought himself above such things, but apparently, he still had to learn to control that. Ah well...

There are a few skeletons that are well known to the world, Samuel, for one. But what if this was something new? A remnant of the demon were-wolf? A creation left behind by that fellow who caused so much trouble a while back (Nick-- something...)? Maybe it WAS Samuel. But if so, that didnt really help, seeing as he didnt know anyone who would willingly hand over the information to such a place. Not without pulling some teeth. Litterally. And he was barely about to start practising the things Dreshka had taught him about where best to cause pain and agony in a humanoid body.

As his internal thought processes continued aalong this line of thought, every so often, he would stare sky-wards, and at any point during his thoughts he felt a surge of emotion, his body showed this by sending a small wave of crackling energy over himself.

Return to “Pathway”