Wandering Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Wandering Pathway

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Having fled the tower in tears, Ruilsara Moonheart has left the Healing Centre and has been aimlessly wandering Pathway, looking for somewhere quiet where she can be on her own, not easy to find. She misses the forest...

*Ruilsara (Rilla to friends)*

EDIT: This is a continuation of the posts made in the Healing Centre by Rilla and immediately follows them, time-wise.
Last edited by BlueTressym on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

dainul

Re: Wandering Pathway

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:44 pm

It hadn't taken long for Zemepatis to establish Rilla had left the Centre, but then it got tricky. Still, he was still enough Earth Elf to be stubborn, and he sets about looking for her with a combination of asking random people and good old-fashioned searching. Eventually, he spots a familiar-looking elf at the other end of a street, and starts striding towards her.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Rilla has curled herself up at the base of a large tree that marks the intersection of two streets. Weary and miserable, she contemplates returning to Nandine. She makes no sign as to whether she has noticed Zem's approach, though he can see that she does not appear aware of anything around her; sitting with her legs drawn up to her chest and her head resting on her knees, she is facing away from his direction.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Zemepatis slows his paces as he approaches Rilla, and stops quietly a few paces away. "Rilla?" He speaks equally quietly. "What is troubling you so deeply?"

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:50 pm

She looks up at Zem, her face woe-begone. "I- this place, I feel like a fifth wheel on a wagon! All I want to do is become a Healer, but how can I ever learn if people push me away all the time? I miss Nandine; everyone here rushes about and no one ever talks to me!" She resumes staring gloomily down at her knees, vaguely twining one of her dress-ribbons around the fingers of one hand

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Zemepatis remains silent for a long while, then speaks, retaining the same quiet tone. "All the time, or one specific time?" He pauses briefly to allow her to process the implications of the question, but then continues before she can reply too hastily. "You were a student at the Nadine Guild for a matter of weeks, and have been here for a few more. You have learned a great deal in that time, but you must nurture patience to follow this path to its fullest."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 pm

"Nurture patience? I'd settle for nurturing a kitten right now, but patience doesn't help; all it means is doing nothing and I'm fed up of that already. I'm Never going to be a healer here where everyone else is one, and I don't like it here; they're all grumpy. It makes me feel grumpy as well. I don't want to get pushed away, I want to DO something!"

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:54 am

"Doing nothing? What were you doing when I spoke to you earlier if it was not tending to a patient? And the others we came here to help? Patience means accepting that not every day will bring great challenges and lessons. It means knowing that others have tasks and duties more important than watching out for you. For us, it also means accepting that the most important thing in our paths is our patients' lives and health. Training a young healer comes below that, and a healer's ego and pride are one of the least important. If you want to learn, you will not do so by sitting out here feeling sorry for yourself. You will learn by attending to the other, more experienced healers, heeding their teachings when they have time to give them, and observing their methods when they do not. It is not a quick process, nor an externally rewarding one. But a healer who dreams of glory is following the wrong path." Zemepatis takes a step back. "Now you may return to Nadine if you so wish. I am certain there will be patients there who would benefit from your skills. Or if you wish to remain here I was intending to find a master for you to learn under anyway."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

Ruilsara looks, if anything, even more frustrated. "Oh for pity's sake, Zem, you're talking about exactly what I'm trying to do! I don't give a stuff about glory; if I did, I'd have done what my father wanted me to! First you say training young healers isn't anyone's priority, and then, that I have to watch and observe and listen, and that's what I'm TRYING to do! Besides, it's not true; if healers don't get trained, they can't learn how to save people better. That operation; to see such skill was truly wonderful, so you can't tell me to observe and learn, and then tell me to go away when I'm doing exactly that! If it had been anyone there other than you, I'd have thought they were the one after 'glory', but it's stupid blathering on about whose job it is to heal the man lying there on the table, when his life is the most important thing; exactly what you're accusing me of, while I was getting on with putting his life first! If you were any friend, you'd help, not stand there and lecture, so you may as well go back to being wonderful some more and practice what you're preaching at me!"

With that she gets up and walks away at a rapid pace; she wanted someone to teach her healing but if no one had time, well fine, they could let all the knowledge they had stay with them instead of teaching it, and see many lives that saved. Anyway, she'd only left the centre to find somewhere to think by herself, it was horrible weather and at least the actual patients seemed to welcome her, those that could. She'd go back there and see how they were faring

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm

It is an effort of will for Zemepatis to remain silent while Ruilsara rants, as she throws twisted misrepresentations of his words back at him like... he struggles to find the words, and holds himself statue still and expressionless until she is well out of sight. Only then does he allow himself to speak. "And of course, there is no way you might have not understood my reasons, or that Fionan and I could have healed the man without your help and without causing further trouble," he hisses at the world.

He lifts each foot in turn, and slams it once into the ground, in a gesture that would probably seem petulant to anyone not familiar with Earth Elves, and for some time, he simply stands, attempting to centre himself and find the calm and peace that he once knew. In an absent way, he is reminded of watching Master Drang teaching a young Everni boy to control his emotions, his anger, something most humans apparently master quite quickly. But then, few humans have emotion dumped on them at the grand age of one hundred and seven. Zemepatis almost immediately feels guilty for the thought. Whatever his Lord's reasons for doing this, he would not begrudge the gift given. He crouches down and places both hands on the earth beneath him. "I am a child of the earth, and come storm or tempest, I shall Endure." What was going on inside his head certainly felt like a storm.

After a couple more minutes, he stands again and makes his way back to the Healing Centre. He had one more thing to offer Rilla, perhaps it might even help her, but hopefully it should help him practice what he had been preaching, and nurture his own patience.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

A pair of travellers pass through the streets. One is human with a katana made of the earth itself, dressed in Serkainian clothing and with a cross shaped scar. The other is covered in dark clothing, concealing the body and face as much as possible, with a bow slung over the back, and sword at her side...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Dreshka glances around. Towns are either good places, or not good. There is very little "in between".
Where do you want to go? she asks the human...
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

The human glances around at the empty town. Everyone having left because of the evacuations. Of course, neither knew about what had been going on.
First Id like to learn where everyone is? This is Pathway! Its NEVER empty! What happened? Did the assassins from before sweep in again and kill everyone, or did they just up and leave?

He seemed a bit distressed, perhaps a bit annoyed that he had no idea as to what was going on.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Dreshka looks around, a smirk hidden beneath the hood of her cloak.
I have no idea, I've been away too. she pauses I wonder whats been left around?...
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:10 am

The swordsman does not seem to catch her meaning at first, glancing about to see if anyone was left behind. Eventually, her words caught up with his occupied mind.
Wait, wha--? Oh...NO. No stealing. I think its best you dont incriminate yourself further. And you have an effect upon me as friends do, so no doubt, considering my ki is emotiona based, the mind set would remain...and I dont think I could handle being shadow aligned everyday. I havent even tried fire or lightning yet. And what about meta? Is that even an emotion?

He realised he was straying form his original point and broke his sentance, finishing with:
No stealing things.

Return to “Pathway”