South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Chee

South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Chee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:57 pm

The mismatch group of heroes and sentinels appear next to the barrier, less than 20 ft from the edge of the swirling pink radiation on the other side.

**Dreth'Kar**

Hatsuo1980

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:45 pm

The monkey looks around

Monkay no like the look of that. Monkay think it magic though, shall Monkay eat it?
............................................................................Image

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 am

**Ignoring the others, Dorellan seats himself at the edge of the defences and begins to cast a ritual.**

"Lords of Darkness and despair I call thee to this place. Surround this place with your black glory and protect me from the ravages of the wastes. Firin my Mistress hold me in your embrace a short while as I call the power of ritual magic, Lord Silver's domain to this place, to hold back the plague. By the power within me and the glory of death I hold back this wave that would seek to claim unnecessary life. Power swirl and churn and shroud this place, extend the barrier, reach forth to protect and save. By the power of the path that I now tread, I call upon Sentinels past to watch over me as this journey continues. Keep the world steady on their destination.

By the power within me and the power of Shadow, Open Ritual circle rank 30!"

<<Attempting to create the ritual circle so that it extends outside the protections of Pathway in order to see if it would hold the radiation back.>>
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:53 am

Moving slightly along from where Dollaran is working, Kar cast a spell at the mists to see if it has any effect.

Spirits of Air fly forth from this place and take flight. Dance now free from mine power and take to the heavens. Let none chain you down to earths stony embrace and take delight in the freedom of the skys.

**Gust of Wind**

**Dreth’kar**

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 am

The monkey pulls a banana from his bag, peels it and begins to eat it. After finishing the banana it begins to speak

Monkay want to fly Monkay want to fly Monkay want to fly Monkay want to fly Monkay want to fly (OOC: Walk on air)

As the Monkey finishes his words a small cloud appears around his feet

Monkay fly now. Monkay go look at the pink stuff and Monkay see what happening. Monkay be back soon.

The Monkay flies off upwards, staying above the radiation as he looks for any effect from the spells

(OOC: What can I see?)
............................................................................Image

Chee

Postby Chee » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 pm

After casting Kar calls to Monkay.

Good idea. Keep a look out for the mutants up there and let us know if any are inbound. **He pauses a second and calls out again** And don’t eat any of it!

Kar begins incanting again looking towards the radiation.

Magic now flow from the jewel, like water to the desert come forth in bounty. Powers of Air I summon thee to my side, let your eternal dance never rest. Ancient spirits of storms past I raise ye now to forge a barrier in this place. Let your magic flood this place with your life. Let your song be heard as you surge into this place steaming freely from the jewel. Powers of magic answer my call.
**Ward of Air: 8 soul**

A barrier of air magic appears in the radiation. Kar watches carefully to see if the swirling radiation is trapped by the magci or simply passes through it.

**Dreth’Kar**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:22 am

**Quayle stands watching and listening, his attention fixed on the pink mist, a slightly disbelieving look on his face**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 am

There is no visible boundary to the Veil that forms the protection around Pathway but its presence is obvious as the pink mist strikes it like the sea hitting a great glass barrier. Where it strikes the protections do their job, striking back at the mist with magical power

Dorelan's magic flows from him, snakelike tendrils form a circle that passes harmlessly through the veil and into the mist. As the circle is empowered, the mist is pushed back once more but leaving some of the mist behind trapped between the edge of the ritual circle and the edge of the veil. This mist seems to bounce between the two and those watching realise that when the mist strikes the veil and the veil's protections are activated, the magical power is absorbed by the mist and it slowly gets thicker and darker.

The gust of wind pushes the mist back but it is a brief respite before the mist flows back, like pushing the sea back with an oar.

As Monkay looks down he can see the mountains surrounding the Heartlands and the mist boiling away inside like pink lava in a 60 mile wide volcano. Of course, sometimes volcanoes erupt...

The mist harmlessly passes through Kar's ward.

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Ishmael has been standing back observing. He knows that his magic is less powerful than the others here, and he is still low on power from the exertions of the earlier adventure. But he knows that all contributions might prove useful, and he hopes not to make an idiot of himself.

It seems to me that we do not have time to experiment. We know two things that can prevent the flow of radiation, this barrier and the mountains themselves. Ritual magic is our best option. In my opinion we must either attmept to recreate the ritual that made the barrier or we must use a ritual of powerful earth magic to raise a physical barrier.

He pauses, hoping he isn't mistaken. He still feels a little out of place in this new environment.

Remember also that at this point the most important thing is time. Even if we only buy ourselves a few more days it'll help.
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Safina has posted herself on the edge of the group, ready for any attack. Still alertly scanning the surrounding area, she speaks.

"My armour needs repairing if any of you have the time to do it."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Chaos_dwarf

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Gorgrim looks at the negliable effects of the casters magics.

"Doesn't seem to be doing a lot, what?"

**Gorgrim**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:18 am

Ishmael shrugs. Knowing he can't do much else to assist at the moment. He gets out his little tool-kit and begins working on Safina's armour.
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Safina smiles in relief. "Thank you." She glances over at Gorgrim, studying him carefully. "Are you injured?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Chee

Postby Chee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Kar looks at the swirling mists.
Perhaps a stronger ward could do it...
TOPEZ!

**Impenetrable ward**
Another ward appears near the other, this one a lot clear and much stronger.
As he watches the result he responds to Ishmael.
I fear you are right, we have precious little time to experiment, the solution, if any will take a good deal of time to perform. There are a few issues with your analyses though.
The cliffs of the heartlands are infinitely thick due to the fact they are not raised like mountains but rather the heartlands are a basin into the floor. This means that if we erect a barrier of a physical nature we run the risk that the radiation will seep through as we have no idea of the physical requirement to hold back the radiation.
The ritual, its power source was the sacrifice of five hundred lives. Unless you know where we can get a power source equal to that or 500 willing individuals, then as I said before, it is unlikely to be an option.
Creating sufficient ritual circles to act as a barrier would require power and magically trained people we do not have. The distance between the mountains at the exit to the heartlands is almost 5 miles across. Maybe more.

Kar sits and thinks for a while.
Maybe we are not thinking outside the box.
At the moment we are only considering how to hold back the radiation with sheer force. Our magic versus the force of the radiation. What if we could use the radiation to power the very barrier that could hold it back?
Kar falls into silence again as he considers an idea.
What we need is an object that can absorb the magic of the radiation, and then use that magic to funnel the power into a barrier that would hold the rest of the radiation back. The more radiation there was, the more power the object would absorb, the stronger the barrier appropriate to the amount to radiation there was. When there is less radiation, there would be less power and a weaker barrier again appropriate to the levels of radiation.
Perhaps a shard of the jewel would work. If we went to the sting in serke kemi and found a piece that had separated from the sting, we could use it as a conduit for the magical barrier. The radiation came from the jewel, it would make sense that a piece of the jewel that was drained of power would absorb the magic back into itself when it would normally it would radiate the magic when charged with energy.
Ah, but damn it to the depths of the under deep though, we don’t have the time to go searching for shards that may or may not be there in a demon infested area thousands of miles away from the real problem.

Anyone have any practical ideas?

**Dreth’Kar**

Dom

Postby Dom » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Well like my brother i do not know the nature of the mist or where it comes from. But, idea that hasnt been raised yet, what about drawing it elsewhere, reducing the area it affects or infact removing it entirely. Nothing can stand the desert wind when it is in a foul mood, but if a man can calm the wind or send it else where before it gets angry then the problem is averted.

As he says this he wanders allong Ka's barrier scratching symbols into the ground with a stick

Where does it come from? the mist itself?

Mehmet
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Return to “Pathway”