South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

User avatar
Ben
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 6999
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Ben » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 am

"Kar, this is more than just Sinya Palurin. We reopened the well on Feveriat 8th and reports from Pathway say that the Heartlands was completely overwhelmed on Feveriat 14th. That's six days to expand thirty miles from the well. If we assume that it will cover five miles a day, this will cross the Gwerian border in two days. It will engulf Lenamo's sanctuary in about a week. It will reach the coast about a week after that, around the same time as it hits Nandine. New Nauko will have a couple more days, Nuuta and Mahtar a couple more weeks. Assuming this is how it goes, Ingolé might have five weeks before it hits it.

I think we need to start thinking of evacuation. The mountains seem to be safe above the mist, we could get as many people as we could to the Ondo Mountains and the Erda Ridge.

What I don't understand is why the mist appeared in the first place? When Scaleteller opened the well 150 years ago, this didn't happen. Onlurin sealed the well in Septerimus 157, after the death of Erathil, in order to stop mortals from abusing its power. However, Eremine needed a new annointed one in order to reform the sentinels and so we were sent to reopen the well, which we did on Apons 12th the following year. That imbued Adreana with the power but Erathil's palace collapsed, sealing the well again. Perhaps the mist would have escaped then but because the well was sealed almost immediately it didn't?"


**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Chee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Well then. It seems we have little choice in the eighteen or less hours we have remaining. We cannot just perform a temporary barrier of magic and then let it over whelm the main land. We need a more permanent solution. We can use a ritual circle, or raise a physical barrier. I say we do both. We gather all the magic user we can to the shrine of Gerthnax. Ask for the help of Warren in this endeavour and the newly founded emperor should hopefully help being the 'protector of humanity'. I'd say humanity needs a little protecting right now. With the power of the sentinels, the heroes, the paladin of earth itself, the emperor and any others who have the power to join use, we open a five mile diameter ritual.
I personally slew the usurper who tried to destroy and enslave the power of Silver and it was the heroes and myself who not only returned him to power, but raised him to full deity hood again. I hope we can ask for him to give his aid in performing the largest ritual I have ever known to be attempted. As Dollaran mentioned earlier, opening a ritual circle and doing nothing in it would invite disaster. So we beseech the god of earth to use the huge amount of power within the ritual to raise the earth and complete the heartlands encircling of earth holding the mists at bay until the only gap is Fortdrake which acts as an entrance way into the heartlands. This may be a slow process but as we have opened the ritual circle, it should hopefully hold back the radiation for the duration of the ritual.
Should the ritual fail and not be sufficient to raise enough earth. The ritual circle will hold back the radiation long enough for people to make some good distance and prepare for the worse. The worse being retreating to the mountains. Though I do not see how the entire population of this place could successfully live in such a place very long. The logistics of it combined with the practical implications of sustained food and shelter in mountainous terrain would be problematic to the extreme.


**Dreth'Kar**

Brave Sir Robin
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Ishmael mutters to his siblings.

These people are so accomplished and yet they share the primitive slave belief in deities. Most strange. But the plan seems sound.


He turns to the group at large.

That seems to be our best plan, we will certainly help. But Quayle also mentions that he has closed this... well in the past. Once the surrounding lands are safe, should we not attempt to do this again? Surely there must be a ritual that would protect people from the affects of the radiation for a brief time.
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

rachel
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby rachel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

While Ishmael is speaking, Safina turns to Mehmet. She does not wish to interfere, but there are things that are troubling her.

"How is it that we can stop this radiation using the powers of gods that do not exist?" She keeps her voice low so as not to disturb any of the other members of the group.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

User avatar
Callum
Posts: 587
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Shitty Exeter
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Callum » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 pm

**as the men get closer bubbles can be seen at the front**
Kazrazil Coshwood, Fire Elf Fire Master
Squits Carnage, King of the Goblins (DEAD)
Grom/Bubbles, Orc Merc


The Goblins are back :twisted:

User avatar
Will
Over 9000!!!!
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Will » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm

**Dorellan responds to the events around him**

"The ward seemed to work... even if impractical"

**He glances... not nervously but cautiously... towards the approaching unit**

"As for evacuating... well, what then? What do we do? Where do we run? Yes, by all means get people out of harms way, but that is a terribly short term solution... what happens next eh? How do we stop it affecting all of Sinya Palurin, and then... well, the rest of the world? We need to do better!"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Ceinwen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 am

In the distance 2 figures appear and begin to slowly approach the group, as they get closer some may recognize the air elf as Setema, Exile of the frozen north. The other figure, a strange pink creature clings tightly to Setema and stumbles awkwardly along side her.

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Chee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Well, unless someone has another idea leap out at them, we should prepare.

Kar address's the group as a whole.

We have an idea as to what can be done but we should do it at full strength. We have a little over eighteen hours before the barrier falls so we should all go and get eight hours rest. Before we do that, Qualye and Dollaran, you have a way with people that I could never master, if you could find the emperor and request his assistance. Ill go and find Warren and see if he is willing to aid this attempt. Also, we will need all those not involved in the ritual to be out of the area. Although I have the feeling the Haran will be less than willing to leave his previous fort behind. The rest of you, please rest and gather any and every hero or essence wielder you can that is willing to assist. The make sure they and you are ready as you can be and meet us at the shrine of Gerthnax as quickly as possible. If you know of any heroes that are far away but would help I can sort out some teleporting before I rest myself.

Lets go people.


Kar starts walking back towards pathway and the approaching people.

**Dreth'Kar**

User avatar
Ben
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 6999
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 pm

**As Kar walks he watches the sun rapidly set, the moons rise and within mere minutes it has become the dead of night**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

User avatar
Will
Over 9000!!!!
Posts: 9650
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Will » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:58 am

<<Soooo, do we see like... an acceleration of Kar's movements and then he disappears from sight?>>

(Ben: Once Kar gets a couple of hundred yards away he seems to disappear from sight)
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Chee » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 am

Kar stumbles in surprise at the sudden change around him. He looks at the moon with a confused face. Looking back behind him at the now frozen image of his fellow heroes his eyebrows threaten to disappear off his forehead in further surprise.

Hum... that was... interesting.

Kar incants to himself a lengthy spell and looks around at the normal moving world around him and then over at the frozen image of those closer to the barrier. (Duel sight)

Well, its not an illusion. That makes matters a little more... complicated.

Turning back towards pathway he carries on walking, keeping a close eye on the position of the moon and looking out for any other changes as he moves.

**Dreth’Kar**

User avatar
Chaos_dwarf
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 am

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Chaos_dwarf » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Gorgrim is amazed at the events that have unfolded.

"Well I say, that's an eye-opener and no mistake, what?"

**Gorgrim**
Skarsnik - Undead Goblin Scout - In the Deep
Twenty Anvils - Lotus Clan Artificer - Alive?!

Lirael
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Lirael » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm

As Setema gets closer to the group the pink creature that clings fiercely to her peers round from behind her, her eyes pinched, almost closed in her effort to squint at the gathered group. Recognizing the blurry shapes as people she huddles closer in behind Setema listening to the voices of the strangers. None of the voices are familiar to her and on instinct she disappears into nothingness only to appear 10 seconds later a few feet away crouching down low. Her tail flicks violently behind her and she begins to let out a low guttural growling sound. She makes no attempt to move closer but continues to crouch, warily watching the strange blurs as they move in front of her.

*Spinx*
Ceiridd Lucksted

Ceinwen
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Ceinwen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 pm

From a distance Setema stares in confusion at the frozen figures, cautiously she approaches the group intent on finding out what was going on.
Getting closer the figurers seem to come to life, Setema relaxes slightly telling herself that she was just imagining things and that everything is normal.
As spinx suddenly disappears from her side she spins around letting out a sigh of relief seeing her only a few feet away.

Its okay Spinx, These people wont hurt you.

She turns back to the group wanting to speak but not quite sure what to say, she had so many questions to ask but not sure where to start, she finds her elf just staring in silence at her fellow sentinels, a group that somehow she felt so close too but most of whom she had never met.

User avatar
Ben
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 6999
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: South of pathway, by the barrier just outside the radation.

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 am

See here
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0


Return to “Pathway”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest