The Roads From Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Renna, sat down exhausted. For his first day of real combat, he hadn't done too badly. He hadn't died, which was a start.
He chose a place off the path where the others had departed, and a way away from the hopeslayers body which now lay decapitated nearby. Even though they had succeeded, at least to an extent, he was still feeling down. The weight on his soul was strong and he knew he should probably cheer up. After all he had fufilled his daily duties to The Sight, and helped the strange sorceror Weyoun to defeat the abominations that attacked creatures spirit. But then also he had ignored the needs of his unconscious allies, without any way of healing them it was difficult to look after them...

He sat cross legged, in silence, eyes closed in order to access The Sight more clearly. It was difficult here, surrounded by so much dead, and the visions wouldn't come easily. Infact they would not come at all. He took a deep breath and his sense of smell was overwhelmed with the pungent odor of wet cat. He opened his eyes and was met with the face of his friend Tu'Ath.

We need to leave right?

Renna sighed and stood up slowly, then looking at the incredulous face of the mountain lion smiled.

We really should find that burning city...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

The six foot white and blue lion grins at his friend. He strikes himself on the chest twice before hefting his spear.

"Tu'ath say we go with others. Tu'ath say they help Renna find burning city. How Renna know we not ones who make city burn?....Tu'ath burn next city we see, then we find burning city more easily."

He taps his chest twice again.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:19 pm

That's not funny...
Renna tries to be serious but lets a small smile escape.

Okay then, with the others it is. Maybe we'll find someone who knows who or what Day-Got-Sue is...

With that he set off down the road, knowing his friend would follow. Sometimes it was exciting not knowing what would happen next.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm

The lionkin grins at Renna's words. As the Clayr moves away, he follows next to him, spear on guard and his ears scanning the surrounding area.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm

As the pair begin to walk away, Tu'ath beats his chest twice as he chants.

"Kibeth, Walker, guard Tu'ath's steps as he travels."

He then incants, with a slight smile on his face,

"Kibeth, Walker, guard Renna's steps as he travels."

After he says this he strikes out at his friend, to place the protections on him, causing the Clayr to stumble and fall, before the Marisi catches him and places him back on his feet. He grins slightly at the glare he earns from Renna.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Renna smiles an empty smile, slightly annoyed that he hadn't seen the blow coming, and wondering if his friend was taking advantage of his weak connection to The Sight.

Then the expression on Renna's face changed, a genuine smile crossed his face as he glanced sideways at the giant lion. With that he began to sprint forward, knowing his friend, with his bad knee, would duly follow. As he gained a distance from his friend he turned backwards, jogging on the spot.

Come on! I thought your people were supposed to be athletic?
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Tu'ath grimaces as he tries to keep up with his friend. When he draws level with Renna he mutters.

"We see how fast Renna is when he wears Tu'ath's armour...and has bad knee."

The Marisi wheezes slightly. The day had taken it's toll on both of them, and though the Marisi didn't want to show it, he was suffering much as his friend was.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

seeing his friend suffer Renna slows to a walk. They really should find some food, and somewhere to stay for the night...

if you see any seals, we should catch them... or other animals. Or maybe we could follow that sorceror to a village or something. Maybe they will have tribes here, or a cloister... then again... they might not recieve visitors very well. We should definitely be on the look out for scouts.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Tu'ath nods. He taps his ear as Renna speaks.

"Tu'ath listening. If something comes near, Tu'ath hear it. If Renna want to eat, Tu'ath can go hunt, while Renna makes fire?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Before his friend can answer, Tu'ath rushes forward and holds an arm out to stop Renna. His ears twitch in what the Clayr has come to realise is him searching for sounds. He speaks in a low voice.

"Something ahead. One person. Robes. Humming something. Don't think it threat, but be on guard."

The Marisi waits, a low growl in the back of his throat, waiting to see the traveller and its intent.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Are they moving closer? Renna whispered.

He moved to the side of the path, and slowly drew both short swords. He was drained from the day and really couldn't afford to do any exhaustive activities. Certainly not asking the Sight for answers.

Tu'Ath, can you mimic the humming noise? quietly?

He wondered if he would recognise it as a chant... or just a random tune.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Slowly the rhythmic tap tap of walking feet come up the path and proceed a grey Shirakan in grey robes. In his hand is a slightly transparent staff that gives off a very slight magical hum that can only be heard by Tu'aths keen feline hearing range. He is looking up and watching the sky carefully. He seems so preoccupied by looking up he does not seem to notice the others at first and nearly walks into them.

By the spirits! I sorry I did not see you there. I apologise, I am somewhat preoccupied. Could you perhaps tell me what day it is good sirs?

**Dreth'Kar**

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Err... BY THE SPIRITS! to you aswell... I guess that is how you greet people... hmm I'll have to try that out... though it is great to meet someone who follows the same spirits as Tu'Ath here.

Renna seems a little on edge, the swords relaxed at his side but quite ready... bandits were a pain, and the scouts were not around to protect them.

I have no idea what day it is sorry, and a polite word of warning, you should keep your eyes on where you are going. The Sight cannot protect you if you don't allow it to... though I don't kow how it works with The Sightless.

Ahh sorry where are my manners!!

With that Renna holds out a hand, to shake, and then shoulder barges Kar in the way he had been taught to greet lizardlike folk...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Kar stumbles back at the physical greeting, his face turning to surprise and concern at being knocked around by a man with drawn weapons.

Errm... when I said ‘by the spirits’ I meant it as an expletive to indicate surprise, I did not mean to cause offence. Please do not bring your weapons to bear on me, I meant no harm.

**Dreth’Kar**

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Oh sorry... i thought that's how you greeted people? Well that's what i what I was told... Or maybe another greeting?

Renna drops one sword on the floor and quickly picks it up again.

I am The Visioned 'Renna' of The Clayr, and what is your name? May I say that we mean you no harm unless you wish to harm us... though I'm starting to think that you don't...

Renna tries a grin but he is so very weary, maintaining pleasantness was difficult, especially with his gift waning.

You don't know where a nearby place to stay is? We really need rest, and perhaps a little healing...

Renna grimaced... no physical injuries were apparent, but he seemed a little restrained.

So... do your people meet others by looking at the sky?? and you use the spirits name... but do not worship them... interesting, may I ask where you are from? and if it's not too much, what heritage you have? We are new here, and would like to learn more...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer


Return to “Pathway”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest