The Roads From Pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

As Dreth'Ka appears, Tu'ath waits on guard. As he mentions not bringing harm or weapons to bear the Marisi stands up, seemingly relaxed. At the mention of the spirits Tu'ath strikes his chest twice in tribal greeting. When Dreth'Ka does not return the greeting he seems disappointed.

"Different spirits. He does not hear the call of Belgaer, or speak with Dyrim's wisdom."

Tu'ath then strikes himself in the chest again, and says one word to the Shirikan.

"Tu'ath."

It is not instantly clear this is his name, as it is said as a blunt statement.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Kar had seen a good number of cultures in his travels but these two didn’t jog any memories. He waited a second or two after they stopped talking to see if one of them would grin at ‘the joke’ they were playing. When they did not, he sighed internally. He’d had his share of cross culture mix ups and now he had two jumpy armed people throwing weapons around and misinterpreting what he said.

I am Dreth’Kar, a Spirit Guide and Shaman. Like many of my kind I’m a devout follower of the creator, Goddess of balance Eremine. As for shelter, I can only recommend you head north. There is pathway to the south but it has been evacuated for now. The area may become uninhabitable soon. Although, fort drake, the north most fort of the pathway area will remain safe so you may find shelter there. As for healing I have some knowledge of this art, if you tell me the nature of your injury’s I may be able to assist.


**Dreth'Kar**
Last edited by Chee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 1479
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Bromley

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Edd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Tu'ath nodded in recognition. He understood the concepts of spirit guide and shaman, even if they were for the wrong spritis. He brings his spear back to his side, and waits patiently for Renna to talk of his injuries.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 am

Ah! Thankyou! Do you know how we should address people at this Fort? I fear we, or rather I, get terrible comfused!

he sheathed his swords... hoping that wasn't rude...

We fought some undead... and they seemed to attack past armour, it was strange, as if they were directly attacking my spirit... I can honestly say I didn't like it and it's not happened to me before... you see anything that attacks the spirit, even powerful magics where it is necessary are shunned by us Visioned, we find it coulds our Sight.

(OOC: 1 of 8 soul)

Realising Renna might be being rude by accepting healing without anything in return, something even more disgusting to his people he became rather uneasy.

However I've just realised... we don't have anything to give you in return. Are you going that way? we could escort you... or perhaps you have a question of your future?

He half smiled, unhappy about using The Sight as a bargaining chip, what would the High Visioned have said?
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm

A polite and inoffensive manner would be wise while in pathway. Drawing your weapons or making a physical attack on anyone as you did earlier would be a poor method of communication. Also I would warn you that within the fort drake there is a powerful magical defence that will destroy you should you attack another within its perimeter.

As for your plight, I am sorry to hear you had to face the un-restful spirits. They are Dark beings indeed and have been the bane of many.


Kar beings incanting in a low tone rising as it nears completion. A metallic silvery light touches Rennas chest. *Pure Magic Hope 10*

Kar incants again this time much shorter and touching his own chest. *Detect lie*

As for repayment, I do not require anything at this point but if you mean me no harm still I would be glad for the company on the road. You do mean me no harm correct?

**Dreth’Kar**

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:20 pm

as Renna recieves the healing he seems to perk up, a visible difference across his face and the shining mark on his forehead begins to softly glow. He begins to smile, not a grin, just an expression of ease.


of course not... and I didn't mean to attack you earlier, one of your kind told me it was the way to greet people, then another said you had to drop your weapon and another after that did a strange hand gesture... I think we are maybe being taken adventage of... but yes, we mean you no harm, as we mean no others any harm... that is so long as they arn't those soul sucking creatures! (not lying)

with that Renna straightened up, already feeling more optimistic about the day. He looked over to Tu'Ath and gave him a knowing look that seemed to say ''why not?'' and then got ready to escort the stranger.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
dainul
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: The Circus V2.0, Exeter
Contact:

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby dainul » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Ahead of them, a cloaked figure comes into view on the road, walking slowly in their direction. It holds its cloak tightly around its body, but the hood is down, revealing a black head, containing, as they get close enough to see, altogether too many eyes, none of which seem to be focussing in the same direction.

((OOC: Smells of... spider!))
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Then we shall head north until it is dark then teleport back to the northern boarder of the heartlands a good distance from the time line interference and well within walking distance of fort drake where we can find shelter for the night. I need to see if there are any further disturbances in the time structure up the road or if the interference is concentrated to the heartland area. Tomorrow I think I will begin an examination of the southern perimeter of the heartlands.

Kar begins to move again, heading north.

Please keep your eyes open for anything that may give a clue to an unusual passing of time. The reason I was looking up earlier was to watch the suns position to see if it travelled through the sky faster than it should but so far the anomaly appears to be contained around the heart lands. Although it is important to check as assuming can get you easily killed...

Kar only now notices the cloaked figure ahead.

Hu? A friend of yours?


**Dreth’Kar**

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 pm

I won't lie to you, I have no idea what you are talking about. But I do understand what you mean about the sun... at least in part. My people never watch the sun in it's present day, we watch the suns to come. As such we tend to lose sight of things... so I suppose checking it is behaving every now and then is a relatively smart thing to do. May I ask what has got everyone here so riled up? We thought it was maybe that the great Heartlands city had burned down... we came to investigate... but everyone talks of radiation...

Renna stops dead in the road when he smells the spider.

Not mine no... I thought yours... ah well, can't hurt to say hello! Hard to be gloomy on a nice day such as this!!

With that he took a few steps forward, making sure Tu'Ath was near him...

Hello, can you speak?

Then Renna noticed the many eyes of the creature, a remarkable being indeed. He opened his mouth to speak and then paused, he wasn't sure how to phrase it.

If you don't mind me saying, you have many eyes... were you blessed by The Sight?
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980
Posts: 3997
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:50 pm
Location: Calne, Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:14 pm

A Monkey bounds in from behind the group, jumping to the floor between them (OOC: Jump, feel free to take an action - if you do I will edit :D )

Harrooooo

The Monkey looks to Kar

Kar, why you leave Monkay behind? Monkay thought Kar was Monkays friend
............................................................................Image

Luke
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Renna almost passively moves to the side, it was if he knew that the Monkay would arrive, or was it instinct?

His eyes remained on the spider-kin, intrigued at the blessed being.

Friend of yours? Today is a popular day!
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

User avatar
Chee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Chee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Spirits Preserve Us!! My life what are you doing?!

Startled by the Monkeys sudden appearance Kar stumbles back before trying to compose himself again.

My apologies Monkay, I meant no disrespect. When I walked away from the group I found the rest of you frozen in place by some anomaly. I left as I was uncertain to the extent of the effect of the problem that had frozen you all so I went to investigate. I ensure you that I had no intention of abandoning you and my next step was to attempt to free you and the others. It seems you where able to free yourself. Has the effect on time returned to normal in that area or was there anything strange still that you noticed?

Addressing Renna

I am unaware of any cities burning within the heartlands but who knows, many things are possible. As for the situation, I can give you some insight into it as we travel but I warn you it is a lengthy explanation.

Kar seems a little flustered after been taken by surprise twice within the same minute.

**Dreth’Kar**

Blue mage
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Cheltenham

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:45 pm

As the group that has gathered on the road talk, from the direction of Pathway comes two travelers. One is dressed in black all over, hood over her face, bow slung over her shoulder, sword at her side. She seems quite imposing and a slight bit scary for her size, as though she is one with the shadows.

The other is a young human, wearing a hakama and gi typical of the Saburau in Serke Kemi. He has a noticable sword made of earth and stone and a cross shaped scar on the left cheek.

As they get closer, the human seems to snap out of a day-dream and see the group. Recognition comes across hsi face and he smiles abd waves to Kar and Monkey, and the spider, though a bit more slowly, as though not expecting to be seen.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Hatsuo1980
Posts: 3997
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:50 pm
Location: Calne, Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 pm

The Monkey looks puzzled

Monkay no understand what Kar talk about

Monkay turns to the new arrivals and waves expressively

Harrooooooooooo
............................................................................Image

Blue mage
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Cheltenham

Re: The Roads From Pathway

Postby Blue mage » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 pm

The swordsman smiles cheerfully at the Monkey as he gets closer with his companion. However, seeing as the others are in a conversation, he respectfully bows slightly and moves to one side at a distance where he is out of ear shot. He appeared to be glad to see familiar faces, and also seeming to wait for something.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"


Return to “Pathway”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest