Arriving at pathway

For IC discussion within the fortresses of Pathway

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 pm

*Marching on the north road entering pathway is a large force of the free peoples milita. Captain Inglebert at the front of the force can be seen on horseback he pulls back on the reins and has his horse stops he raises his arm and a sergant calls out*

"COMPANY HALT"

*Captain Inglebert then dismounts and takes a couple steps forward.*

"bloody elves"

*he then turns and becons big ram*

"what do you make of it? and wheres bubbles?"

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Dont now where your orc pet went to.

*the dwarf then looks about his body*

im sure im missing an axe.

**Big Ram**
i have a dwarf called Big ram and a peasent called ted a rat man called i cant remember and orc called scrotfleash a death elf called Saki

No more goblins for now :twisted:

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

*the captain looks at ram then shakes his head*

"we need to see uthred tho dont know how useful he'll be."

*he calls to 2 of his men*

"go to the generals office and tell him we arrived and i will come see him shortly."

*the 2 men salute and rush to fort drake. he then turns to ram again*

"i want you to stay with the men. DONT hit anything....... yet."

*he then goes back to his horse.*

Captain Inglebert

User avatar
Ben
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 6998
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 pm

**Atop the battlements of the forts of Pathway can be seen several Elves: Fire and Shadow are the easiest to pick out, their red and black faces easily picked out, but there are others with less easily distinguished skintones.

They rapidly become aware of the force that has arrived and suddenly there is the sound of a flurry of activity from within and soon several guards becomes several dozen but still the noise continues, the sound of perhaps hundreds of Elves preparing for battle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 pm

*big ram sees the elves forming and understands what the horns mean. a large grin appears on his face*

HERE WE GO LADS. FORM UP FORM UP. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

*here walks towards a group of men*

you lot go and get me my seige equipment. it might actually work this time. INGLEBERT I AM GOING TO START THINGS HITTING NOW

*With that the men begin forming battle lines. some of them look very excited, others look terified but the fromations take shape.*
i have a dwarf called Big ram and a peasent called ted a rat man called i cant remember and orc called scrotfleash a death elf called Saki

No more goblins for now :twisted:

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:02 pm

*Captain Inglebert stairs at the elves gathering then looks back to his men and ram*

"dwarf i hope you've trained them well. REG TO ME AT ONCE"

*a very small ill looking man darts thru the formations and stops at the captains side and salutes.*

" YESSIS"

"take are fasted men and gather all are forces the elves need to be giving a shoeing again"

"very well sir"

*withthat reg disapears. Captain Inglebert goes to his horse and mounts. ontop his stallion he talks to Ram.*

"You've been waiting for this moment aint lil man?"

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 pm

*ram turns to inglebert and the look he gives Is trully desturbing.*

dam drow. their blood is the best gift you can give giar

*he then roars with excited. and turns to the men still roaring*

WE'LL KILL THEM ALL

*he puts away is 2 handed axe and draws his shield and 1h axe and lines up in the shield wall. he talks to the men next to him.*

do as i say not as i do.

BIG RAM
i have a dwarf called Big ram and a peasent called ted a rat man called i cant remember and orc called scrotfleash a death elf called Saki

No more goblins for now :twisted:

User avatar
Ben
More posts than Nikki
Posts: 6998
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm

**The Elves look down from their lofty position, seemingly unconcerned by the threat though as one they raise their shields in case of missile attack.

Within the central fort there is a deep rumbling as if of some great machine being constructed and dragged into position**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 am

*on top is great stallion with the reins in his left hand and shield scross his arm but sword still sheathed Captain Inglebert begins to speak*

"MEN OF THE FREE PEOPLE MY BROTHERS....... I"

*he stops as his 2 messangers arrive and inform what quayle has said. he instanly becomes angry*

"HES WHERE....... first bubbles now uthred and where the hell are the rest of our men."

*he closes his eyes, takes a deep breath then looks at the messangers*

"return to your ranks."

*he then rides to big ram*

"get the men to pull back abit and set the seige weapons up properly. im going to talk to quayle. if any elve comes out to you kill it."

*with that he gallops off to fort drake*

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:33 pm

*on top of his galloping horse Captain Inglebert returns from fort drake. as he rides to big ram and his men he can see that they have formed a shield wall behind a few large siege weapons it is clearly no threat to the forts held by the elves. however as he gets closer he sees hundreds of larkants fully armed and prepared for battle waiting for orders.
he stops his horse next to ram and looks down at him*

"i've talked to quayle and we're going to turn the old winter elve camp into a millitary camp for the soldiers. also we want to dig trenches between the mountains on the eastern side of fort drake and mamzumo mound. this includes pallisades. also we will be having constant patrols all around pathway to harash the elves as much as possible. a full scale attack will have to wait as we need our allies help to even attempt it. we need to organise all of ours and uthreds men into a few companies. you and my men will start on the defences while uthreds men can start patroling and guarding you. I'll go and get a group of men together to sort out the camp. any questions mate?"

Captain Inglebert

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Kai » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:17 pm

*the dwarf looks disapointed*

we should just go and smack them about. but diggings fun. get the equipment brought down and we'll start on the defences.

Big ram
i have a dwarf called Big ram and a peasent called ted a rat man called i cant remember and orc called scrotfleash a death elf called Saki

No more goblins for now :twisted:

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:25 pm

"Its always so fulfilling talking to you.*Inglebert smiles* get the men sorted I'll go and organise uthreds guys."

*with that he nudges the sides of his stallion and goes to get the equipment and speek to the larkant forces. as he rides he realises what a monumental task lies ahead of them and hoping more men will come.*

Captain Inglebert

Breccan
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: Isca Dumnoniorum
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Breccan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:25 pm

*The Militia may or may not have been aware that for a few hours a few scouts where hiding in the distance, counting forces, generally seeing what was going on. Any time a patrol came near the scouts vanished into the undergrowth. Late in the evening a company about sixty strong marches down the road toward the trenches. They are all armed, mostly wearing leather armour. They move in a loose formation, a line of archers at the front led by a green garbed human with a spear, spear and swordsmen in three small groups behind. several of them have game animals of various kinds supported on poles between them. All of them have green leaves tied around the hilts of their weapons as a sign of peace.*
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

lews wright
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby lews wright » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 pm

*as the group approach the men on guard call out. a few moments later a group of heaverly armed men walk towards them. they are led by a shabby looking warrior but his weapons shine. he holds his arm up and the men halt but he carries on walking towards the green garbed man.*

"can I help you guys? the names Captain Inglebert."

Breccan
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: Isca Dumnoniorum
Contact:

Re: Arriving at pathway

Postby Breccan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:20 pm

*The unit stops. They keep hands near weapons, but it's obvious that they're not expecting a fight. Teyaspa sticks his spear into the ground and leans against it.*

"Captain Inglebert? I seek Haran Uhtred. I'm Teyaspa, Haran of the Everni. I brought a few of my tribe with me, perhaps your soldiers would show them to some cooking fires?"
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.


Return to “Pathway”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest