A Royal Birthday

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:57 pm

*Nathaniel walks back into the village, and sees all the active earth elves. Approaching one, he asks who is in charge. Once directed to Captain Bryton, he starts filling him in on what has happened*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:58 am

*Captian Byton looks placid although there is a slight hint of worry in his eyes.*

"We need to get moving and fast. Do you know of any other Heroes around who would be willing to help?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 am

Aratain is somewhere around, though he might well have run off on his own already.

I will help of course, though my main skills lie in tracking and alchemy. Sadly, I have had to use up almost all my stock of potions, so I might as well just be a tracker at the moment.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:21 pm

**Byton looks up sharply at this**

You're a tracker? Can you pick up her highness's tracks?

**Captain Byton**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 pm

If I can't, then it would require powerful magic to follow them. I suggest we gather a few others though. I have fought one of the high elves that was with zemilia, and it took me a lot of potions to hold my own against him, on my terms. Face to face, he would be a LOT more dangerous.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:29 pm

My men are searching the area, I could call some of them back to join us...however, if she truly went off of her own free will I do not wish to order them to do anything that might be against her wishes.

The High Elven ability to glamour only works for a few minutes and they have several hours lead on us, perhaps if they could be tracked to the limit of how far they could go in that time and see if her movements change? A struggle perhaps, or him carrying her?

**Captain Byton**

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:01 pm

As you wish, though what is to stop them simply renewing their hold on her mind?

I spoke with her before they left. She was not thinking clearly, that much I am sure of. I can on my own track them much faster than they are moving, and if your men can see well enough in the dark, then I hope we can catch them before they get too far.

Find your men, I shall wait here. With luck, I will have time to make a few more potions that will help me track them.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 pm

**Looks thoughtful** I am sure you a right. Assuming he is a High Elf who has experienced much and gaistrengthened his essence, how many times coud he do it? Twenty or thirty times perhaps, that gives him maybe 3 hours at the outside.

I will gather a dozen men and meet you back here in an hour. Is that enough time for you to prepare?

**Captain Byton**

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 pm

More than enough. Try to get some adventurers to come along as well. A variety of skills and talents might well help out a lot.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:11 pm

*Later on, and Nathaniel is leading the scouts trying to track Zemilia's abductors. Quickly picking up the trail, they make good progress, until suddenly a flash of light comes from the sky, heading straight for Nathaniel.

Noticing it just in time, he avoids the worst of the impact, the rest being absorbed by his furs and leather armour. However, several more bursts are visible in the sky, similarly heading towards him.

Rapidly getting one of his last potions, and drinking it just in time, the blasts of magic strike him, but seem to pass through and dissipate harmlessly.*

Phew. Looks like someone doesn't want us following. I'd suggest the other trackers stay back for now. I'll be safe for a while from any more magic.

*Nathaniel goes back to the path he was following, and looks around for a while*

Ah. This is bad. All the tracks are gone. Completely gone. There was an easy trail before that magic, but now... nothing.

Return to “Narturlin”