The Weary Traveller

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 12:26 am

Kerrigan looks in the cabinet

your in luck Krishena must have either have missed the one I placed there or been feeling nice enough to replace it after she borrowed it

Kerrigan pours Aldacot a genorous glass of mead
and then hands it over
Kerrigan then goes over to another of the comfy chairs and sits down, placing his tankard down on the table next to him

Right so what have you been searching for then, maybe I can help

**Kerrigan**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Aldacot

Postby Aldacot » Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 am

Aldacot took a sip of the mead and relaxed, contentedly.

That's a nice mead; Mektar must be smiling on me indeed that it's still in your cabinet, Kerrigan.

Still relaxed and settled in the chair, Aldacot sat for a minute, with a careful, thoughtful expression as though thinking of what to say.

Well, it's a bit of a long story, you see. A few years ago, there was an incident involving a troop of High Elves in my home city. The long and short of it is that...

He paused again, searching for the right words.

One of my compatriates, for whom I cared deeply, went missing. I suspect that the two events are related, but more than that, I don't know. But I want to find her, at least to find out what went on. So since then, I have been searching for her, but so far without success.

He fell silent and took on an expression of deep concentration and thought.

She could be dead for all I know, but I just have this feeling... I don't know.

He put on a smile to lift the mood.

Time will tell, eh?
Aldacot - the mysterious elf with a taste for (lots of) ale

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 12:48 am

Well Aldacot I can ct certain spells that allow me to aquire knowledge of things this I can do for you if you like, but before I do that I need some more rest,

I am sorry about your loss really I am, and time is on your side with this one.

it is up to you about those spells

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Aldacot

Postby Aldacot » Tue May 22, 2007 12:53 am

Aldacot takes a sip of his drink as he considers Kerrigan's offer and then gives Kerrigan a long look.

Thank you for your concern and your kind offer. It has been a long few years now, and I am increasingly fearful for her. If it is possible for you to help provide me with a few clues then I would be very grateful.

There's no hurry, though. Rest and wait until you feel up to it. But if you find even the slightest thing to help, then I will be forever in your debt.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 am

If you can give it about half an hour I will have the energy to complete this, first what was her name? and did she have a title? what race was she? the more information I can get together the easier it is to decipher the answers

Kerrigan takes his drink breathes in the flumes and gulps some down, looking slightly relaxed

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Aldacot

Postby Aldacot » Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 am

As I've said, take your time. After all the time of searching, half an hour is nothing. Her name is Eleanor, and she is a water elf like me. She had no title, although she was of good standing.

Anything else that you need to know, you only have to ask.

With that, Aldacot took another snack to eat.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 1:07 am

Ok thank you for that Aldacot, now let us put these things behind us for a bit, and talk as if our problems where not here.

Kerrigan smilies before saying

So surely you have some stories from your travels you tell yours then I will tell mine

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Aldacot

Postby Aldacot » Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 am

Aldacot sits back in the chair and smiles once more before drifting into his story.

Well, one of my lighter tales comes from when on my travels I came across a river and decided to stop for a little while. It was a very hot day, so I was toying with the idea of having a swim (don't you find it just so difficult to resist a good old swim on such a glorious day, Kerrigan?) Anyway, I was debating whether or not to swim when I feel a push in my back, and the next thing I know, I'm in the water! It was some cheeky human boy (human boys are such trouble, don't you find? Not like well behaved water elves!)

At this, he pulls himself up into a dignified posture as befits the good behaved water elves.

Anyway, I wasn't standing for that, so I got out of the river and went after the boy (who was now running away - isn't it amazing how boys become champion sprinters when they get into trouble?) to give him a piece of my mind! He ran down the bank of the river, but eventually I lost sight of him near some bushes. I stopped, had a quick look around, but decided that I'd lost him and turned back. And do you know what happened then? The cheeky blighter pushed me in again. But this time he made a fatal mistake. He was so doubled with laughter that he fell to the ground. So I got out again and gave him a good talking to, and about how he should be more respectful towards his elders (I mean if youngsters can't show respect towards someone a couple of centuries older, who can they show respect to?) and then I taught him a grave lesson.

His brow furrowed with severity as he recounted the punishment.

I pushed him into the river myself! (I tell you, Kerrigan, never mess with a water elf over water matters - you'll only end up getting wet!) But to make sure that he had truly learned his lesson... I gave him a good splashing!

Aldacot now chuckled at the whole incident.

Oh, Kerrigan! The joys of youth and water combined are enough to turn even the eldest of water elves back into children again!

He put on a mock serious expression.

Well behaved water elf children, that is, of course!

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 1:38 am

Once Kerrigan has stopped laughing he looks round and Aldcot

You where a well behaved water elf yeah right pull the other one

Though it does seem like you have had some fun in your travels which is good, did you manage to avoid all the Telefret and the high elves out there

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Aldacot

Postby Aldacot » Tue May 22, 2007 1:52 am

Aldacot smiles

Yes, there were some good times among the path. On the whole, I managed to keep clear of High Elves and the Telefret - it's easier to hide from them when you're alone, although more difficult to get out of danger if they find you, it's always more suspicious when you're travelling alone. There's an old saying from where I come from, "Travel alone to be invisible to the eyes, travel in groups to be invisible to the mind."

There were one or two hairy moments, but fortunately I managed to survive them: just keep your head, and think quickly and you'll be able to handle most situations.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue May 22, 2007 11:45 am

you have had you turn now for mine

Kerrigan takes another swig of his drink, before starting

I was just trying to stop a riot when, I get snatched from midair by black tendrils, into the Hopewastes, where I come face to face with my high priest who I thought was dead, shrowded in black, it took me ages to work out who he was and then I have to meditate and try and work out what Velnashar wants with Erimine, by the way Erimine has been captured and Velnashar is holding her hostage, My high priest then sends me to Ingolé to a room that I am not supposed to be in to get answers about her, before being dragged back just as people are bashing the door down.

Kerrigan stops for a sec looks at Aladacot
it gets better,
I go back to the hopewastes briefly to talk to him then I come back to this reality 500ft in the air about a legion of Undead which where going to attack the forts of Mektar, I manage to stop myself from falling and then I teleport here got into Naturlin about an hour before you knocked on my door

I am shatterred,
And the tired look appears on Kerrigans face again
before quickly disappearing and he looks up

but a drink with you is not one to be missed

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm

Kerrigan and Aldacot talk for many more hours about nothing much just catching up, when they are both too tired to speak Kerrigan offers Aldacot the couch in that room, which Aldacot accepts Kerrigan then goes over to the bed and falls onto it asleep where they both stay for quite a few hours

When Kerrigan does eventually awake he tries to creep out of the room to not awake aldacot, he manages to get out without waking him and decides to leave the tavern and go for a walk

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:05 pm

The cloaked figure waits until it is night and all is quiet and leaves the tarvern
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:01 am

*Kriska runs into the bar, she is crying violently and as the tears leave her cheeks they turn to small drops of ice.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Kerrigan follows closer now than earlier but Letting Kriska run, for the moment

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad