Aratains Forge

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Aratains Forge

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:28 pm

*Zemilia walks into the forge feeling the heat hit her she lets the warmth seep through her cloths. She stands still near the forge and waits for Aratain to notice her. The heat starts to warm her deep to the core, so deep that it makes her smile and feel cozy. A glow appears accross her face and a large smile enters her.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:37 pm

*Aratain turns from his anvil, the glowing shape of a glowing hinge held in the tongs protruding from his arm brace. With a his he submerges the item into a water trough and notices Zemilia.*

"Good day your highness, it is a pleasure to see you. Welcome to my forge, how might I be of service?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:41 pm

*She carries on smiling at the item that has just been made.*

"You do a good job. I have been meaning to get a sword and to discuss a few things with you about the village in general. I was also woundering how you have been?"

*She unties the cords that fastern her winter coat revealing a little bit of blue ribbon, to cool herself down a little.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:49 pm

*Aratain releaeses the Tongs from his brace and wipes sweat from his brow.*

"I am well enough, you worried me when you disappeared, though I had a merry little chase trying unsuccessfully to find you. I feel a hunger growing inside me that is making it difficult to be around so many Earth Elves, part of the reason I emerhe myself so much in my work."

*He places his hammer in a tool rack and moves away from the forge, but keeps a distance from Zemilia, noting her discomfort.*

"If you are hot you can take your coat off, I will not be offended."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:59 pm

*Zemilia blushes a little but it does not show on her already hot cheaks. She removes her coat carefully and places it on a peg on the back of the door. The ribon crossed back and front fully revealed.*

"That is a shame, I hope that you are not suffering because of it. I am sorry about the fact that you had to chase after me unsuccessfully. I can not remember much of it and when I returned I found that Sylor was unconsious by poison I am not suprised that I could not remember it. Now down to buisness. I need a sword for when I am out, I am able to use them just not very effectivly. I would like made by you as your best work, one of a master craftsman. Also I would like to speak with you about a few other items that I need for my station. I am not sure if you could help me with it and it is only an idea at the moment. Now what do you think of the commission?"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:11 pm

*Aratain sits down behind a workbench and motions to a seat for Zemilia.*

"Sorry it's nopt all that comfortable as a seat, but it's all I have. I have been approached with a sizeable commisin from some one, though I am waiting to findout if the have the financial backing for such an endevour. What length of sword would you like? it will determin the cost of materials and alter the price accordingly."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:19 pm

*Zemilia takes a seat and thinks.*

"I used to pratice with a fairly long one but it was to large for me. Do you have any spare ones so that I may try out? It has been a while since I was able to choose a weapon?"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:32 pm

*Aratain stands and walks over to a closed cupboard and opens it. Inside are sample blades of various lengths, Ranging from a dagger, right upto a Bastard sword. He retrieves a boardsword thirty inches in length.*

"How about one this length?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:40 pm

*She holds it feels the weight in her arms, she looks to him.*

"It is too light this is almost what I practiced on, that one was to light as well especially when I was stronger with a spell. The width is nice though, just longer."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:50 pm

*Aratain takes the sword back form Zemilia and places it in the rack. He then selects another, longer sword, this time a bastard sword forty inches in length, but its thickness is the same.*

"That might be too long, but I just need to get a feel for your style."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:03 pm

*Zemilia stands up and holds the sword makes a few movements with the sword. A glint in her eyes as she swings in, she makes to do a loop with it but the weight is just a little bit to heavy for her. She fumbles it and takes a steap back quickly as the sword lands on the ground. She bends down to pick it up again.*

"That is almost the right weight and length for me just a little bit too heavy."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:11 pm

*Aratains places the sword back into the rack and retrieves a Long Sword thirty-six inches in length.*

"This is a middle ground between the two, and if it still doesno feel right will give me an idea as to the length you will require, please give a try."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:15 pm

*She swings it with ease it almost seems the perfect weight for her, she holds the blade and examins it.*

"I think something half way between the last two would be ideal. This is too easy to swing and I would like something that gives me a bit of hardship. They are nice blades though. So what is the cost going to be for one imbetween the two sizes?"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:21 pm

*Aratain places the sword back in the rack and closes the dorrs before taking his seat again.*

"The price depends on what you want doing to the blade, do you want it to be a quility blade suitible for dress as well as prctical use, do you need to to be a keen blade that would cut deeper with less effort? Would you like it magical, if so would you like it alligned to a particular element? These are all things that need to be determined before a price can be given."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:40 pm

*She frowns re taking her seat.*

"Well I would like it so that it can not be destroyed very easily, as for imbuing it with an element I can do that myself. I can also aid the effect that it can deal damage with. Magical is tempting, I have the money. What would it cost to be master worked? What would it cost to have it made magical? The other item that I would like to be made is a circlet fit for a queen. I have about 75-85 Rava and I will trust you with how ever much you seem fit. How much would you need upfront?"

*Lucy*

Return to “Narturlin”