Aratains Forge

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:50 pm

*Aratain nods.*

"I normally charge a base commision of Twenty Rava on and project, however if this other party proves to have the financial backing for their project I would be willing to wave that for you."

"To make the blad eof that length with superior materials, or as you say, master-crafted would cost Forty Rava. To Enchant the blade would cost Sixty Rava, that is the cost of the materials required to place the enchament into the weapon, and I'm afraid cannot be altered. So to re-cap depending on my other client your blade could cost from Forty to One Hundred and Forty Rava."

*Aratain contemplates for a few minutes on the other project.*

"The circlet is for yourself I take it, would you like it made of material that could later be imbued with spells and abilities? Or do you just requre the circlet for dress and as a symbol of office? That as well would alter the price."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:00 pm

"Ummm, I think master crafted by you would be the best idea. The money partly comes from father as my *She laughs a little* inheritance from him. I think that would be best. As for the circlet, I only need it for dress nothing else at the moment. I will be using it to show that I am willing to defend my people. Even you to a certian exstent, if you ever asked for the help. I would like the hilt to be made special. Do you have a piece of paper?"
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:06 pm

*Aratain nods.*

"I was going to ask if you had a specific design in mind to the sword, for any commision beyond a standard work I ask, the customer needs to be satisfied with my work."

*He Reteives a sheet of parchment and a piece of coal and slides them over the counter to Zemilia.*

"There you go."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:21 pm

*Zemilia soon draws a very quick picture of a sword with a close up on the handle and hilt. The picture is very well drawn and she seems happy with it as she hands it over to Aratain.*

"I am not very good at drawing swords and I have not had chance to do any since I left Dvarni."

*She slowly points to the different parts of the hilt and handle.*

"I would like it to be fairly dark but the embossings I would like a gold of gilted colour. The grip to also be guilt and if you can get it a chord that is silvery/purple if that is possible? What do you think? Are you able to make it like this?"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:35 pm

*Looks at the sketch and makes notes on the colours of choice.*

"It should not be too much of an issue, as for payment I will need the Forty Rava up front to buy the materials required for the task, if my other commision falls through I will ask for the Twenty Rava upon delivery of the item. I cannot guarantee success, a flaw in the materials could cause the blade to become brittle, but I can work most impurities out of most materials, the chance of it happening should be negligable, but should I fail, and you have the Rava for a second attempt then I will wave the commission regardless of my other client. Does that sound fair?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:48 pm

*Zemilia nods and reaches for into her pocket. She gets pouch out of the bag with the book in it and retreaves 40 Rava out of the pouch. She hands it over.*

"That would be fantastic. I will look forward to seeing the blade, it has been a while since I was last able to weild a fine quality weapon. Do you best with it."

*She stands and goes to shake Aratains hand.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:52 pm

*Aratain bows hid head.*

"Your Highness forgive me if I do not shake your hand, with the hunger building it might prove to much of a temptation. I will get hold of the materials and being work as soon a possible, it will be good to have a more challeging project for a while. I might have to go to Pathway for some of the materials, but I will come and find you once I have worked the blade and let you know the result."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:01 pm

*Zemilia nods*

"That is why I waited for you to shake mine. I know that it is a temptation I was just checking to see if you would resist. Now I know that you will not go past temptation. If it gets to much for you then please feel free to leave to go and hunt for food. Bare in mind though if I ever find that you have taken a life from here I would have to banish you."

*With this she turns and retreavs her coat from the back of the door, she does not put it back on.*

"Good day Aratain."

*With this she turns to leaves the forge.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:10 pm

"I consider it daily at the moment your Highness. Oh, and might I say that the ribbon is an interesting decoration to the dress you are wearing, it complments it colours nicely."

*With that he take his tongs up from the colling trough and reattaches them to his Brace.*

"Good day your Highness."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:14 pm

*Zemilia pauses in the door to listern but she does not seem to worry about it from behind. She carries on after nodding good bye to him carrying her coat in her arms letting the freash air cool her down. To her it was a part of her now. As the door closes behind her she cools down, placing the coat back on her arms but she does not tie the chords off properly.*

*Lucy*

Return to “Narturlin”