Feast for Hard Workers

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:21 pm

*Sylor is once more staring into his drink, unaware of Zemilia's tears.*

Indeed. Though who is to judge who is wise, and who simply is less foolish than most around them? Even the gods make mistakes, can be fooled, and apparently, even they can die. I would rather live planning for tomorrow, but enjoying today, than simply carry on as mere duties and responsibilites would dictate.

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that duties are important, but I would not see them take over my life, or yours, for that matter. Nobody deserves such a fate...

*Sylor glances across the room at Elidren, as he says this last bit*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:25 pm

*Zemilia wipes the tears away quickly and turns her head back to Sylor.*

"Duty is a funny word, I do not consider it my duty as Princess just mearly that I am here to help serve the Earth Elves and to make sure that they and you survive. Although neither oath has been sworn yet."
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Any duty that needs to be spoken is no duty at all, merely a promise. A duty that you feel in your heart though, that is true duty. They do not need words, because no words can explain such a concept.

*Sylor sounds like he is quoting something from long ago, but only now understanding the meaning*

Still. It is good to tell people you are honouring your duties. They can all too often be a thankless task, that wear you down. So much of my time in Dvarni was spent on pointless dances, feasts, and politics, I am amazed I could put up with it. We've had more meaning in our few celebrations so far than I ever saw in all those in Dvarni put together. Looking back, I think they were just to persuade everyone how strong the High Elf nation is...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:35 pm

*Zemilia smiles and laughts, she speaks quietly*

"Yes they are."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:42 pm

*Sylor sits in contemplation once more, before looking up*

Why is it that we organise a celebration, and are the only ones sitting depressed at it? We have at least as much as everyone else to celebrate, but we sit here forgetting everything we should be happy about...

*Sylor leans over and kisses Zemilia briefly*

Under the circumstances, I won't ask you to dance, but feel free to find another partner, if you wish to.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:49 pm

*Zemilia smiles and then leans towards Sylor speaking quietly into his ear.*

"You know I can help with that. I have done it once today I can do it again for you if you wish to do one dance with me tonight?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:52 pm

If you would not mind, I would be a fool to turn down such an offer.

*Once the spell is cast, Sylor stands and joins Zemilia for a dance. After a few minutes it ends, and he stands there with a smile on his face, and Zemilia still in his arms*

One more, or shall we stop there?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:55 pm

*Zemilia smile she re-casts strength onto Sylor and they carry on dancing. At the end of this dance some slow music is played and without asking she casts strength on him again and settles into the slow dance.*

"Sylor this is a lovely night and I think from what I see here everyone seems content and can see all the hard work coming to an end."

*She leans her head on his chest.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:00 pm

*Sylor says nothing, but continues dancing, enjoying the evening. Once the dance ends, he suggests they retake their seats, but makes a detour on the way back. When he returns, he is holding a bottle of blue wine.*

I got hold of this to finish the evening off. I trust you would not object to something stronger than water?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:04 pm

*Zemilia glares at him for a moment not fully trusting the wine. Noticing that it is a full bottle she smiles.*

"Please let Paige try some first he is very good with poisons and I would not like either of us going unconsious again."

*She looks around for Elidren.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:07 pm

He already has. I got him to check it out earlier this afternoon.

However, if you are worried, then there is one more obvious check. A magical poison would be easy to sense, if you try. I can't sense any magic on this, can you?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:09 pm

*She concentrates and shakes her head.*

"All I can sence is the power coming from you and the greater power coming from me. There are a few others around that I can sence as well."

*She takes hold of the bottle and reads the lable.*

"Is it the last bottle?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:15 pm

Not a clue. I didn't ask how many bottles were left, but it wasn't overly hard to get the barman to hand it over, so I'd guess there must be some left. Either that, or he is fairly easily persuaded, of course...

*Sylor takes the bottle back, pours two glasses, hands one to Zemilia, and gently touches his glass against hers*

To the future, wasn't it?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:17 pm

*Zemilia smiles with joy.*

"To the future of Narturin and us."

*She touches her glass to his as well.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:33 pm

*Sylor takes a sip from his drink, then after a moment, takes a somewhat larger mouthful*

Ah, good to know the finer pleasures of life cannot be diminished so easily. Shall we dance again? I think I might have it in me to manage it on my own...

Return to “Narturlin”