Brews and Blades.

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Brews and Blades.

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 pm

*After much hammered and seething temper in his forge Aratain finally steps out bearing his re-forged swords. He walks into the small living quarters that he shared with his business-partner and locked them away. He then goes to seek Nathaniel finding him in his garden sat down against a small tree, apparently relaxing, eyes shut.*
Last edited by quillkeeper on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 pm

*Nathaniel doesn't move, or open his eyes, but still seems to notice Aratain*

You've finished then? I take it your repairs went well?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 pm

*Aratain wanders over to his friend and sit down on the ground leaning against the same tree.*

"Yes I will be sutibly equipped next time I venture out, as will Malfurion. It got me angry though seeing my work so easily destroyed, sorry I left you back there, but I had to protect my Rift Blade, its loss cannot be afforded in case the Souls Scourges return."

*He pauses for some time, before speaking as if to himself.*

"I will have to do something about that."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 pm

You did what I would have done in the same position. Indeed, once healed up, I followed you, did I not?

most possessions are tools, to be used and cast aside as needed. Some tools are more valuable than others. That sword of yours is all but irreplaceable. There are plenty more trackers out there, and several people with enough intelligence to understand my notes. Even immortals die in time. Even gods can die, if all this business about Dakron is to be believed...

I wonder how things would have gone if you were there that night...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:52 am

Some time later Cajamarca appeared at the Forge. He looked rather bedraggled, his ringmail torn and his robes deeply stained with blood. He called into the forge.

'Be this Aratains forge eh?'

<Cajamarca>
"The good is the enemy of the better" - Antonet

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:26 pm

*Upon hearing the voices calling out the question Aratain rises to his feet.*

"It seems that work is calling."

*He heads back to the forge and calls back to the caller.*

"It is! I will be right with you!"

*He enters the forge and sees Cajamarca there.*

"Ah master dwarf, you made it back then? Sorry I didn't hang round, but the sword I was left with is irreplacable and vital should certain creatures return. Anyway, how may I help?"

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Cajamarca looked up and smiled, he had been noting the layout of the forge in planning for the one he was intent on setting up back at the ship.

'Understands about the sword I do, merely thought you might like to know what we discovered eh, and Nathaniel as t'pair o you 'ad ter leave rest 'o us.'

He looked to the elf for an answer.

<Cajamarca>

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Cajamarca leaned against the doorpost of the forge and proceeded to explain in great detail the events of the adventure, altogether making a good story of it. Finishing his tale, he added

'Going back t'Pathway, a lot of work t'be done to the ship. I'll be seeing you again mon vieux.'

He waved to Aratain, took another longing look at the well equipped forge and set off through the town and back towards Pathway, his expression one of melancholy.

<Cajamarca>

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:55 pm

*Listens intently to the story of what happened until Cajamarca leaves. He the dwarf leave the forge (the longing in his gaze noted) Aratain returns to work, retrieving his Charm making tools for some experiments on an idea he had had before Cajamarca's visit.*

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

Yaholo walks in with his usual furs about him though his shoulders seem to have drying blood on them

Nathy where is this person who makes weapons then
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 pm

*Nathaniel enters the forge, looking for Aratain.*

Ah, there you are. Theres a shirakan wondering if I know anyone who makes weapons. His name is Yaholo, don't know if you've met him before...

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:48 pm

*Aratain stops pounding at his work and downs his hammer, wiping the sweat as Nathaniel enters the forge. He turns to his friend and business partner.*

"A Red Shirakan? Seen him a few time drinking with the Orc Fli back in Sanga. Never actually met him, though judging from one conversation I could be getting another axe commision."

*He walks over to the door.*

"Guess I'll meet him."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:51 pm

*Nathaniel nods, and opens the door back to where Yaholo is*

Here he is, Yaholo. I'll be out back in the garden if you need me...

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:51 pm

hello I'm Yaholo

He holds out his hand it is covered in drying blood

Yaholo waves goodbye to Nathy as he leaves

Nathy say you make weapons?

**Yaholo**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:57 pm

*Aratain looks at the hand then shakes it. A little blood is nothing to someone "born" in the Hopewastes.*

"I know who you are, you are rather vocal when drinking. Judging from a conversation I once heard you having with an Orc back in Sanga, I am guessing I could interest you in an axe."

*He breaks the grip of the Shirakan and walks back towards his forge, speaking over his shoulder.*

"Please follow me to somewhere we can further discuss business."

Return to “Narturlin”