The healers

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

The healers

Postby Bogof » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Bartholemew, seeing the state the Healers building is in, comes to look over it and offer any help he can.

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 am

After a longs day's work, with the frameworkd for the roof almost finished, Bartholemew is sleeping soundly.

-----------------------------------

He wakes to an agonising pain in his legs. He is lying on cold earth with dark clouds rolling across the sky above him at unnatural speeds, and a bitter wind draining him of his strength. Standing over him, an indistinct figure, clad in black is shouting indistinct words. As Bartholemew looks about in confusion, the figure, brings a twisted black metal staff down on hi legs, causing another surge of pain to shoot through him.

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Bartholemew cries out in pain as the staff strikes, but the cry is also indistinct and carried away by the bitter wind. He Tries to focus on the being above him, trying to make out through the waves of pain who his assailant is, his arms too weak, his strength sapped, to fight back.

He tries to think but the pain is inisistant and clouds his thoughts. One thing only can he think clearly on. A prayer rings out in his mind, "My Lord, My God, help your servant in his hour of need"

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 am

The dark figure shouts at him some more, its words remaining indistinct, conveying little more than anger, although at what remained uncertain. It stops as another figure moves up, this one white, almost seeming to glow in the dark surrooundings. Also indistinct, the figure seems to look at Bartholomew, although it doesn't speak.

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:16 pm

Bartholemew takes heart at the new figure, the light something he strives for. Even with the pain, he crawls towards the light surrounding the new figure, silently reciting the lords prayer in his head.

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:21 pm

The white figure regards Bartholomew for a long moment before turning away. As it departs, the light it brought fades with it, and the dark figure seems to smile a malicious smile before bringing the staff down again. Once more, pain shoots through Bartholomew's body, and his vision begins to fade.

----------------------------

When he comes to, Bartholomew is standing some little way outside Narturlin, just to one side of a path leading into the town. As he looks at the town, he is somewhat taken aback to be passed by himself. A perfect image of him walks past and towards the growing town. Behind and around the figure, something lies - a flickering on the edge of perception, a sound on the edge of hearing, and a scent just too faint to identify, but at once both pleasing and repulsive.

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:49 am

Puzzled, Bartholemew attempts to follow this imposter *ooc sense power*

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:22 am

((OOC: The figure itself has about 50% more power then Bartholomew himself when he's fully rested. The area around him contains the slightest echo of overwhelming power.))

The figure does not notice, or at least does not acknowledge Bartholomew's presence. It continues to walk towards the town, holding its hands together inside its sleeves against the winter chill. As they go, they pass a few others on the road travelling out into the surrounding lands. They acknowledge the figure, but not Bartholomew, who find himself having to almost jump out of the way of one worker to avoid being walked into. As they get closer, Bartholomew sees a young earth-elf girl running out towards them. She stops when she reaches the pair, and looks up to the other monk. She is clutching her left hand over her right arm, and looking somewhat distraught. "Umm... Mummy said I should find you. My arm hurts..." She moves her hand slightly, to reveal an unpleasant looking wound on her upper right arm.

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:49 am

A feeling of dread comes over him, He senses this imposter means to do harm. Although he realises that he probably cannot be seen, he interposes himself between the firgure and the little girl, desparately he turns and tries to heal the wound before the imposter can do so.

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:17 pm

With his back to his double, Bartholomew has a very strange view of what happens next. He reaches out to the girl and finds that his hands pass through her without touching. As he does so, one hand, apparently his, lashes through his torso, holding a disturbingly familiar knife. At the same moment, another pair of hands reach out to heal the child's arm... and before him there are two children. One staggers back, clutching her neck, the other slowly mover her hand away from her arm. One stares up in uncomprehending fear as she falls to the floor, the other smiles gratefully, although Bartholomew gets the impression that neither is looking at him, but the figure behind him. As he turns to see the figure, it is slipping its hands back inside its sleeves. It smiles a contented smile and continues to walk towards the town. Turning back, the girls are now are staring at him. And the girl who fell, and is clearly not long for this world, is visible through her visually solid double...

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Instinct takes over, he goes to the girl, ignoring the happy one he attempts to stem the flow of blood of the striken one and prays to God to help heal her.

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:17 pm

The girl finches away from Bartholomew as he approaches, although in her state she cannot move far. She tries to fend him off but her hands pass through him just as his do her. Almost before he could begin his prayer, she coughs her last, her eyes still staring into his, now seeing nothing. Behind him, a young voice speaks with calm curiosity. "What are you doing?"

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 pm

He looks to the other identical girl, tears in his eyes. Amazed that she can see him he says, "I was trying to save....you?" Puzzled at this. He sits back onto his haunches. Holds his cross in his hands and prays over the body, hoping to send the innocent child to eternal peace and happiness.

Plot Bot
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm
Contact:

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:28 pm

"But... there's no-one there..." She walks over and waves her hand through the body, her hand remaining visible throughout. A shout is heard from the direction of the town. "Oh, I should be going." She starts to run back toward the town after a last, puzzled glance over her shoulder. A couple of minutes later, Bartholomew hears another shout, worry sounding in the voice now, although it doesn't sound quite... complete.

User avatar
Bogof
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Location: Swindon
Contact:

Postby Bogof » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:31 pm

"Oh no!" His stomach falls as the sudden realisation that the double is not in sight. He races to where the sound came from. Suddenly he thinks clearly and concentrates. *ooc sends mind message to all knights for urgent aid*


Return to “Narturlin”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest