Some kind of destiny...

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:03 pm

*Whilst this conversation ahs been going on Elidren has been preparing the Crown Prince a drink, in fact it is the same drink that he gave his Lady so that she did not worry herself to illness. He puts the drink down next to Sylor, without saying a word.*

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 pm

*Zemilia smiles.*

"No it is to scale, just not a very good one. It is not the best copy that I have, thats why I have been correcting it. It does well.... Sylor where is the little place that we used to go to?"

*She looks at him with a smile on her face and a humorus look on her face.*
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:04 pm

*Sylor sips his drink, and looks at the map. after a few seconds, he manages to work out roughly where he is looking for, only because he remembers it is between two places already pointed to on the map. Still, where he points is a little off where it actually is*

Er... Somewhere around there? Or was it.... here? *Sylor points to another place on the map, nowhere near where he is looking for.

Within moments, his uncertainty has made him forget even where his first guess was, as he goes from point to point on the map.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:38 pm

*Zemilia's smile broarderns even more.*

"I think you still need to learn something?"

*She looks at him out of the corner of her eye knowingly. She points to varius thing as she talks.*

"Right maps are easy, you have roads which are normally two parralle lines and then buildings which are other shapes, normally with boundry lines for gardens and possibly doors. You have trees that look like they are dead and walls and defences that look like possibly actual towers. You have ramps that also looks almost realistic. There are somethings that are named. Rivers tend to have either wiggerly lines or the word River marked on it somewhere."

"If you want to find your way from the palace to the main gate you stay imbetween the two parallel lines until you get out. There are normally only major roads marked on these maps. So any large road should be marked onto this map. So as you should know your way from the palace to the North gate you should know that you go along this road and then turn left and continue straight ahead following the curves of the road. Does that make sence?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 pm

*Sylor is very quickly totally lost trying to remember all he is told, and as he tries to work out the path on the map, he is tracing his path with his finger, and takes an extra turn, now going along a totally different road. By the time he realises, his finger is over Zemilias' house.*

Er... That didn't go according to plan...

*He sits back, looking at the entire map, instead of just part of it, and takes another sip from his drink*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:47 pm

*Zemilia leans towards him and kisses him gently on the cheek. She leans back and looks for her own drink.*

"That is probably because you came to my house more oftern than you went to the North Gate. I mean you were at mine every evening for quite some time while you were still studying."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm

*Sylor grins*

Well, I had good reason to visit you so often. You were my only tutor that I ever actually enjoyed spending time with. The others were so boring, and were never anything more than someone trying to teach me. You were my friend, long before you succeeded in getting me to learn anything, though that is, i must admit, my fault entirely...

*Sylor grins again, and finishes off his drink, placing the cup on the table to his side*

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:02 pm

*Zemilia takes hold of her drink and starts to sip it. She leans her head backwards slightly and then looks again at Sylor.*

"I learnt all I did from those people you found boring! They are very good teachers just very traditional views. Anyway, I had finished all my schooling before you came back from Pathway to see you sister."

*She shifts her position slightly and continues sipping the drink before placing her hands and almost empty cup in her lap.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Ah, but a good teacher knows how to interest their student. Those who tried to teach me before you did, they were too used to completely obedient students. I'll admit that back then, I was more interested in what I saw out the window, than in a book. All those lessons on geography, politics, and everything, they missed what I think the whole point was. There is a glorious world to be explored and experienced, not read about.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:29 pm

*Zemilia looks over to him slowly and speaks in calm tones.*

"There is plenty of time to explore the world, as long as we are not killed. After all we are elves and live indeffinatly. You have plenty of time to learn what you choose to learn. So there is no real hurry."

*Her heads starts to lol back before she seems to catches herself and corrects her posture. She finishes her drink, placing the empty mug back on the table her hand returning to her lap.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:14 pm

Ah, but what is a book, except what someone learned of the world, when they explored it themselves? I'd rather find out for myself, than read someone elses opinion on something. Something written down, they can lie, and if they do it well enough, there is no way of telling. Even if you do suspect, it would be a miracle if you could tell fact from opinion.

Going somewhere yourself, you are free to make your own opinions. That's why I read so little. Some topics are a matter of fact, but all too many are just one persons opinions on them...

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:20 pm

*Zemilia sits there just listerning and for a very long time she does not speak when she does, she speaks calmly.*

"Some books do lie but from the books that lie you can always go and discover the truth for yourself. I would prefer at the moment to just relax and enjoy your company."

*She stands and moves with correct posture over to a double chair, almost like a bench but with cushions on it. She sits back down and retains her straight posture.*

"Would you not agree on enjoying the company?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:24 pm

*Sylor grins*

What is the point of exploring, if you don't have someone to come home to? A lifetime of adventure is all very good, but without good company, all you'd have to do is write books about things.

*He shifts into a more comfortable position in his chair, leaning slightly towards Zemilia*

Between fighting, assorted magical occurances, poisons, and rampaging drunken gods, we've hardly had time to sit back and relax together since we got engaged. I hope we can make time for this more often in the future...

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:28 pm

*Zemilia smiles warmly and she leans slightly forward and then catches herself one more time and sits back upright. She wanted to be chased.*

"Yes it would be nice to just be able to relax. I am not going anywhere today, I am quite comfortable. Perhaps after your Birthday we could go for an explore?"

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:34 pm

*Sylor feigns being upset. As usual, very badly*

Aw... That's months away. There has to be something worth staying around here for...

*Sylor is once more grinning as he says this*

Return to “Narturlin”