a dawn wake up call

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 pm

*Once Fli has finished with his men, Sylor approaches again*

That went better than I expected. Your men are well disciplined. I know this will probably sound like an insult, but I do not mean it as one. How is it that someone as undisciplined as you leads a well ordered squad?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 pm

"that would be simple i have the most field time, the only marine that can take me one on one is Major Gorrow and they don't know how i'm going to react yet"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
an orc warrior/celabrant turned madari
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:54 pm

Hmm. That answers at least part of my question, and the lack of answer to the rest gives me enough to understand the rest.

So. Do you wish to move your camp to Narturlin now, or later?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm

"where is there in Narturlin where we could set up a base?"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm

There are a few areas relatively undeveloped still. I would suggest that your men spend their first night in the town hall, though. I expect you will need frequent access to your headquarters for several people at once. This means we will need to consider the location carefully.

If you plan on having a large enough building, we might well site it to benefit from another watch tower...

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:09 pm

"ideally i need some big enough to bunk the men run trainning exercises and somewhere to hold those to dangerous to put in the jail"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 pm

*Sylor chuckles slightly*

Once ours is finished, if there is anyone too dangerous to hold there, then we would lack the power to detain them in the first place.

Still. Housing your men. I take it you came prepared to build your own barracks? We can sort out the location when we get back, but materials and labour are available, providing your men do their share of work around town. We barely have enough food for ourselves at the moment, so we can't spare much to eat, or indeed much manpower from the foraging groups.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:21 pm

*fli turns to the marines and calls 3 privates forward and orers them to go foraging then calls up his sergent*

"i want 1 weeks rations left here and the rest in there store house you've got 2 hours so be quick dismissed"

*turning back to sylor*

"we can build the barracks easy enough but i would rather get the rest of the town sorted first"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:25 pm

The town IS sorted, Sergeant. The only building left to place is apparently your barracks.

We have some other things to handle, but nothing an average soldier would be any help with.

Anyway. Once we are back, we can discuss locating your barracks with Zemilia, and I expect we can have your men properly settled quickly enough.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:26 pm

"yes speaking of which i should probably get back and see what lessons zemillia has planned for me"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm

Indeed. I would imagine that she is well into planning things by now.

I am surprised to see someone in a position of command, when they can't read, though. Back home, even a basic soldier is taught to read and write. In fact, they are not considered a member of the military until they have learned properly.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:31 pm

"well i'd rather not be in a position of command i'd much rather be just another grunt things are much easier"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:32 pm

*Sylor is almost muttering to himself, but Fli still overhears*

You have no idea how true that is...

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:34 pm

*fli let out a small chuckle*

"you'd be surprised"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:37 pm

I would be. Your rank is one I would much rather have than my own. The higher up the ranks you get, the harder each day becomes. Your major must have things hard enough for him, but even that would be a pleasant relaxing time for me.

In my time in the military, I did not have a single minute of my own. It was all duty, responsibilities, and so on. Even when off duty, I had guards around me all the time, making sure I was safe...

Rank has it's priveledges, the soldiers say. Everything is a two edged sword, I say...

Return to “Narturlin”