In the Livestock Paddock

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Jenny

In the Livestock Paddock

Postby Jenny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:19 am

This morning, some of the animals in the paddock noticed something strange, out of place. A persistant human scent which had been there for some hours, but not the day before. A few of the more curious beasts sought out its source in the large fenced area, most of the rest ignored it and carried on. The curious noses were drawn to a spot near to one of the fences where a shaggy headed human sat on the ground, hands behind its back and head drooped over its crossed legs. A horse sniffed carefully at the figure, starting slightly as the shaggy head raised into wakefulness. The horse rubbed the human across the side of the head with its nose. Two mules followed its example, surrounding the human timidly. Rubbing one eye with the shoulder of a reddish tunic, she looked around at the creatures.

'Well, you're here now, wherever here is.'

Her face creased in concentration a moment or three as if listening intensely.

'Listen to me, its Emmet.'

Sniffing at her hands behind her back, a mule nibbled experementally at a length of hemp which bound them together. Eventually losing interest, the beasts wandered away to graze, leaving the human sitting there on the grass.
"The good is the enemy of the better" - Antonet

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

bedevere

Re: In the Livestock Paddock

Postby bedevere » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:23 am

*As Nathaniel walks past the paddock, he notices the smell, and stops to investigate*

Ah, good morning. Most people who spend the night in the paddock have had too much to drink, but I can't smell the slightest hint of the tavern on you. Might I ask then, why you sleep in such a place?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm

*malfurion steps out into view*

"i think nathaniel the question is more why has a bound prisioner in the padock?"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
an orc warrior/celabrant turned madari
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Emmet looked up at the two newcomers with a slight smile.
Looking to the first, she said curiously.

'Is it a strange place to be?'

To the second

'I'm not a prisoner, though I may be bound.'

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:31 pm

"then do you care to explain why you are bound within a paddock?"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Looks at him quizzically.

'I'm in the paddock because I climbed in over the fence when I got here. My hands were tied before I left for safety. Why, is this strange?'

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:44 pm

"yes i find it strange you would laeve somewhere with your hands bound for safety"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:04 pm

'It's better than leaving with them bound for any other reason. Who are you?''

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:43 am

"i'm just a crafter of arcane baubles, but one who been around a fair bit"

**OOC SENSE POWER 5**

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:58 am

<<<OOC: Meta Circle One>>>

'Well in that case, where exactly am I?'

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 am

You are in the town of Narturlin. As we've already established, in the paddock usually reserved for horses, beasts of burden, and similar.

((OOC, enhanced sniff. Race = human, yes? what tribe?))

So. Do you wish our help in untying you, or would you prefer to stay as you are?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:37 am

"A moment nathaniel i recommend we find who exactly our friendly emmet before making decsions like that"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:47 pm

*Nathaniel smiles slightly*

I would expect more of you, Malfurion. I only asked if our friend here wished our help. Until I know more, I am not going to do anything hasty. All this time in the Everni equivalent of what you would probably call a police force has taught me a fair amount of natural suspicion, after all...

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:59 pm

"you may have learnt suspicion but it was my job after all and of course Emmet answer do not make sense"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Emmet looked from one to the other.

'As there are people here I should be alright unbound, if one of you could do so.'

She began to climb over the fence.

Return to “Narturlin”