In the Livestock Paddock

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Re: In the Livestock Paddock

Postby bedevere » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:40 am

*Nathaniel draws a dagger from his belt, as if ready to cut the bonds, but doesn't actually do so*

So. Who tied you up, and why? I mean no offense to you, but your answers as yet have told us nothing, and that only makes me more suspicious, frankly.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:48 pm

She hesitated then spoke resignedly.

'I was bound by my guardians before I left their village, so that I could do myself no harm on route to another place. The concept may seem strange to you, that being unable to defend oneself againts external enemies is a protection. Now that I am again in a place of settlement, I am safe from that harm.'
"The good is the enemy of the better" - Antonet

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:26 pm

This much I had already worked out from what you have said. You still have not told us who your guardians were, what danger you pose to anyone else, and in what circumstances.

Do you actually wish us to untie you? Because while I am sure you can escape from those bonds without our help in time, doing so will likely attract the attention of the local guards, who are most likely to assume you an escaped prisoner, and throw you in jail.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:51 pm

'Will you untie me?'

Morris Starlight's Flying Circus - White Clown/Wire Walker/ Fire artiste/ Pantomime/ Stilts/ Punch and Judy Juggling/ Magician/ Illusionist/ Animal Magic....and much more!!

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm

That depends entirely on what you answer. I have at the moment no reason to either help or hinder you. Normally, I would be naturally inclined to be helpful, but as yet, you have been quite evasive in your answers, and this makes me naturally suspicious.

(OOC. Still no reply on the improved sniff question. What tribe of humans is this individual?)

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:13 am

<<<OOC: Telerfret>>>

Looks even more resigned.

'I'm not an escaped prisoner, to clarify that point, and I don't see how my answers have been evasive...unless..., wait, you may be right..., why would they know of these cases...'

Her voice trailed off as if speaking to another, then she shook her head and looked at Nathaniel.

'Well, for what it's worth. I was sent here by my guardians who are unable to travel, because they thought that being in a larger settlement would keep my other at bay. To anyone else, this other is harmless, I was told it was merely a creature of my mind, but it believes that if it can take over and destroy the life in this body, it will be reborn into one of it's own. I have tried to dissuade her of this idea ever since she manifested herself, but she will not be deterred. She is quietest when there are others around, in a town or city. That is why I set off with bound hands until I reached here, because then she can do me no harm, her expertise does not lie in knots.'

As she spoke, her voice quietened as she spoke of the other, whispering as if afraid of being heard by it.

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:28 am

"so your other would be a daemon or is it madari?"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
an orc warrior/celabrant turned madari
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:01 pm

'It's neither. My other is something like a part of my mind and soul which is intent on destroying the rest. It's more like having two people within one body.'

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:26 pm

In that case, if your actions are your own, even if you have more aspects to yourself than most people, then I see no reason not to release you. Your scent gives off nothing of either Midari or demonic taint, so your words agree with what seems to be the case.

Of course, I release you only on the understanding that your actions, and their consequences, are yours to deal with. Something I expect you understand all too well, without me saying so.

*Nathaniel once more offers the edge of his knife towards the bonds, this time to actually cut the bonds, if so required*

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:34 pm

"hmm so a split personality that is afraid of others how intriuging"
through the fire and flame until loves sweet kiss feel like the eternal embrace of death

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Emmet nodded and extended her bound hands towards Nathaniel.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 pm

*in a single quick movement, Nathaniel slices through the bonds, and casually replaces the weapon into its sheath*

It seems a long journey to make to come here, and not a particularly safe one, especially for one in your situation. Why Narturlin?

Jenny

Postby Jenny » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:25 pm

'Apparently it is a place of safety.'

arkaus

Postby arkaus » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:15 pm

"relativly speaking although it is safer than most at the moment"

i play
a wolf
a fire elf
a mage of strange power

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:36 pm

Anyway. As much as I would like to stay and talk, I have to be going. I just about have enough time to finish all my orders, before I leave. I should be back in a week or so, all being well. I just wish I had more time to find decent quality ingredients, but it seems that time has crept up on me.

Farewell for now, all. I trust I shall see you both again on my return?

*Without really waiting for an answer, Nathaniel walks off towards the Brews and Blades.*

Return to “Narturlin”