An incident

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: An incident

Postby dainul » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:27 am

Kriska again calls the magic to her, and it begins to form. Without warning, the spell collapses, sending a jolt of pain through her psyche, although whether this is due to the background magic in the area or her attempts to use the magic in such an unconventional manner is not clear.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:20 am

*Kriska whinces from the pain and after recovering from it relaxes and concentrates once more.*

"Umm... it's not poison, lets just try this..... Celestial Dragon aid me in my fight, to cleanse this water and try and remove the ill within. Purify Water..... Celestial Dragon heed my call and aid me this day cure poison...... Celestial Dragon keep me safe this day and help me to right what has happened here Cure disease..... Celestial Dragon let me know how my work is going ID liquid."
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:17 pm

Kriska pours her magic into her efforts to clear te area. The first spell seems to go off as intended, but almost instantly, she feels the magic infusing the area begin to build. She attempts to cast the next two, but without knowing what is wrong with the area, she is unable to focus the spells correctly. Her final spell reveals that the contamination of the water has increased slightly since the last casting. As she completes that final spell, she feels the magic around her flare, and a wracking pain lashes her body.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:16 pm

*She collapses onto her side, curling up into a ball. Holding her stomach. She screams out.*

"What is going wrong? Why can't I do this? I can do this, I must to save the lives of those who are already ill."

*In her tight ball she cries for a moment then slowly recovering she unbundles herself.*

"If fire and shadow, I can not....."

*Moving slightly she looks down at the water once more.*

"Fire is counteracted by water, water is counteracted by fire. I can not shield from fire..... Hold on magic, nul magic.... Nathaniel."

*Slowly she gets up and tries to discover if she could figure out where he could be. Slowly pacing and whincing with pain occassionally she moves around the pond. Sitting down near the outlet she closes her eyes and focuses. Eternal (or prophetic) memory looking at how this could be counteracted. (If prophetic tell me that I am down 5 essence. I am keeping a tally on my essence at the moment) She wounders to the room in her mind with the now seemingly thousands of book and looks around the area. Opening the books that she thinks might be relivent, going over the past knowledge of what had just happened and also looking in books that come out at her.*

*Lucy*

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:38 pm

**One book is entitled "Threan". Flicking through it, it shows scenes through Threan's eyes: each dated. At one point in the book the pictures turn monochrome except instead of black and white, it is black and red and every picture for thousands of years is almost the the same with the black and red fading very slowly...

A small book shows a tiny piece of metal being pressed into the flesh of someone in a mask.

Another book shows a bucket full of black and red swirling liquid, diagrams show how filling the bucket with anything (blue liquid, yellow liquid and white liquid are used as examples) just means liquid flows over the sides (mainly red and black). A further diagram shows a hole being made in the bucket and the liquid draining away.

A book shows an elf looking at himself in the reflection of a pool of water, then looking up as a wave of flame and darkness knocks him off his feet. The next few pages are a mixture of crying, screaming and shouting with fire and shadow flashing through his body. Then he is being fed a potion and he seems fine, the pain is constant with no new flashes of pain. Before passing out, he glimspes a human with glasses and a fur waistcoat, another with a red cloak and blue shirt and a female Earth Elf with a regal look.**

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 pm

*Kriska comes around and looks deep into the pool, she speaks quietly.*

"I am sorry for your future. I need you now, I need your help. Nataniel, Kerrigan and Zemilia, first on the scene. Why the Haran, what does he have to do with this. Is it something to do with that ritual?..... So I need to create a hole..... I need to remove the magic..... No matter what I do apart from a few things it will keep pumping it out. Magic with anti magic."

*Concentrating she focuses her energy. Focuses her thoughts, shighing deeply she feels an outrush of movement and then calls to the wind.*

"RATH NARLIN! I NEED YOUR HELP! NATHANIAL I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE COME."

*Sitting back down she looks up to the sky and speaks quietly to the wind.*

"Go!"

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:12 pm

*Several images of Rath appear in a circle around Kriska, each is see through and bear a confused look on their face. One image reachout and touches the one to his left. Upon this contact the two images draw together and become slightly more solid. A smile crosses Rath face..... all of them and a game of catch you likenesses breaks out. A minute or so later Rath is solid.*

"That was weird. So is the feel of this place."

*He seems to notice Kriska the first time and goes a little sheepish.*

"Kriska... um Hello. Are you more lucid? where are we?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:18 pm

*Kriska looks at him a little shocked.*

"That was quick, I called and you appeared. Yes I am in better control of myself, and I know what is going on now. Don't even bother with diagnosis it will come up insane. Now first thing first, don't use any magic unless neccessary ok? The more magic that is pumped into this thing the more it will spue out fire and shadow. Do you understand that..... Right and don't worry about my staff for now, we can talk about that later ok?"

*She indicates around her.*

"Right to catch you up. A big explosion happened here and the petrified remains of Threan lie at the bottom of that slowly filling creater of water. Now, he is quite safe down there for the time being, I just wanted to check to see if what ever is in the air and everything else can contaminate water or anything else. Now, I called for you and Nathaniel for I now have a source for him to start making a remidy. However, the water and the area around needs something to happene to it to make the area safe and possible get other people better once more. I want to get Threan out of there so that he can possibly help if needs be. He will not be able to see for he has no eyes at the moment so I am going to need help to keep him calm. do you think you can help. After you blew up the world and made it better again. Oh thank you for that, now I will eventually get to meet the man who wrote the book of prophercy at some point."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:28 pm

*Rath face seem glazed as Kriska speaks.*

"Narturlin? But Narturlin is a bustling town. AHHHHH!!! Get of of my Head, too many thoughts, too much knowledge.Velnashar is to blame, curse him. Golem? I have no idea wha.... Wait a minute did you just thank me for my ritual?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:33 pm

*Kriska nods.*

"You helped to fix me. Now I know most of what is happeninging. Now concentrate, we can't stay here for long lengths of periods at a time. Think of this entire area as a bucket filled up with magic, of the black and red discription. Then when you add more magic to it, only the red and black flows out. The red and black stay prominant. In other words, fire and shadow. Now if we make a hole in the bucket, this area, then we can drain it away quicker. The more holes the quicker it will flow. Where it should flow to I am not sure, if there is a way of putting it back where it came from then we must try at least. However ever there is a small problem, if it is done by a ritual then I am still afraid of them and I can not open them. However as we can not use magic then we need to use non magic, as in Threan, he is a Nul mage. Nathaniel is a alcamist and you just know magic from the inside out. As for me, I know the solution."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:35 pm

*After quite a while, Nathaniel comes walking up to the ruins of the village. a mortar and pestle in hand, he doesnt stop his work even when he greets Kriska and Rath*

Afternoon. From what I've learned so far, I can do a little to remedy the problems. At least, person by person. I might suggest we get out of the area as soon as we can though. Why are you still here, Kriska?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:46 pm

**Re-entering the area, Nathaniel begins to feel dizzy and nauseous, others may notice quite a lot of loose hairs on his shoulders**

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:11 am

*Kriska looks him up and down.*

"I have just got here. I needed to know if you have a potion to remove the petrification on Threan. I need him and Rath to help to counteract this magic, Rath for his unique knowledge of magic and Threan for his Nul maginess. I have already been trying a few things myself and it seems to have had some effect. Collect some of the water, it may help you to counteract the poison that is within it. You need to get out of here fairly quickly by the looks of you."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:29 am

I've been here less time than several others, and I've treated myself... Why is it affecting me more? If I can work that out, perhaps it will help me find a better cure...

*Nathaniel briefly examines the water Kriska has collected ((OOC identify liquid)) and then turns his attention to Threan's statue.*

Hmm. It seems to have been badly damaged, but I see nothing that some Gel of Repairing shouldn't sort out. Then, I can restore him to flesh. Perhaps it might be safer to do that further away, though?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:25 am

((ID Liquid: it is water, but it is contaminated with the magic that permeates the area to a dangerous level. It seems, if anything, marginally more contaminated than the sample Nathaniel has examined previously.))

Return to “Narturlin”