An incident

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Re: An incident

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 am

*Kriska looks down into the creater filled water, and then at Threans statue burried underneath it.*

"I can drain the water easily enough. It just need the inlet upstream to be turned off and allowed to be drained away. I do not know why it is effecting you more, I am not sure. I have to do something though, it needs to be fixed. Have you got any magic imunity potions left and as for Threan I know where his total heal potion is. However even.... even.... even then he will not see normally any more. He will be lost in darkness for the rest of his life and he will slowly go blind. Also, I am feeling the effects quite badly. The idea is that we get Threan out of there and calm him down, now I would suggest that we do this further away so that the magic will not build up any more. I will re-flood this area so that it is kept safe and I also have something for Krishena to have. We must work fast though."
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:07 pm

*Rath looks around.*

"This magic seems wild, as unpredictable as my own."

*He looks at Nathaniel.*

"You have a very minor magical talent, borrowed from one who died in this. It could be that link that causes the wildness of the magic here to effect you so badly, I cannot be sure, I am getting too much conflicting information. If it were not the this place I would surely have a migraine by now. Something about attempting to identify the magic on the jewel has strange effects."

*He looks suddenly north.*

"The shrine of Eremine has been claimed by another."

*He looks to the spot where Traveller died then looks at Kriska.*

"He died there didn't he, I am sorry. In that moment though he performed great magic saving many, Onlurin will surely look kindly of that, as will his own patron. Someone plans an act to prevent this happening again, His plan is likely doomed and he knows it, yet he will commit himself and others to that plan. He seeks a source of power to change something."

*Rath clasps his hands to his head.*

"There is that Migraine."

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:17 pm

*Kriska startles, her eyes wide.*

"I will not talk about that here and now for my work is set for ahead of me. Yes the Haran, I have seen that as well..... Oh my, but I need help do you think either of you could help. I can not teleport of move from one place to another. I need to get Threan out of here. The sword is gone and so it is not feeding itself too much. We must act fast."

*She moves to the side and fills in the dirt and places a stone as well to stop the small flow of water, sighing and swallowing heavily she looks at the water then to the outlet.*

"This might hurt."

*She moves over to one side and gradually she lowers a section of the outlet and keeps digging down until the water level starts to pour through it fairly fast. Tears start to flow from her eyes and she stops from time to time.*

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:03 pm

*Nathaniel wavers slightly, and almost falls, before catching his balance*

Total heal potions? I'd almost forgotten... I have one of my own. *WIth that, Nathaniel removes a bottle from a hidden pocket, and drinks it ((OOC, total heal:Nathaniel potion)).*

That should help me out for a while. As for Threan? I can repair his statue with simple alchemy, then restore his flesh. The water is incredibly contaminated, by the way. Worse than the water from the well and river.

I suggest we get to the river, thinking about it. The water is consantly being replaced there by fresh water from the cliffs. By now, the waters there will have been well out of range of this... whatever it was. We will have to pass the river to leave anyway, we might as well check it out. I'll examine the water first, to be sure, of course...
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm

**Nathaniel begins to feel instantly better but as he suggests, it will only grant more time**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:41 pm

*Rath lets go of his head and looks around.*

"Ohhhh! Rampart Fire magics! I might be able to do something with this."

*He walks over to where Kriska is working an excited look on his face.*

"Um.... er... I kinda have a plan. It might work or I might blow the world up again. Do you fancy letting me chance it? I'll fix the world if I blow it up.... ir at least I'll try to. I did once before didn't I?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:47 pm

*Kriska looks at him, with frightened eyes.*

"I know that is why I am saving my potion for when I am worse. Also I can not allow this water to flow down stream and polute to rest of the Heartlands. We can not go to the clift face for most of it is unstable I saw that as I flew over."

*To Rath she looks doubtidly.*

"Please let me finish this outlet, some of this water was magically created to murge the soil and water faster, my powers are slightly diminished so if something goes wrong then I do not know if I can revert it. Tell me what you plan first for I must carry on working while I can. I will rest in a bit, but for now I need to get down. Yes you did do it but that was with alot more power than you will get here, infact..... No that will not work."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:51 pm

We don't need the cliffs. Just the river. The waters flow through this river from all across the continent. The waters flowing past should be pure by now.

As for your plan, Rath? Whatever it is, will it be quick? if so, I can't think why it should not be tried. I have no plans as yet for large scale restoration of the natural balance to this place, so given you can't make things much worse, I see no reason to object.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 pm

*Rath grins from ear to ear, facially convinced of his own genius, but in his eyes show a little doubt.*

"Well, you I don't know magic really.... it sort of knows me. Long story, one we don't have time to go into, but let's just say I'm the Blessed on Onlurin right? Okay well it took a while, and no small amount of effort, but I have become able to channel Onlurin's blessing into what I need, for a cost. if you like I can forsake two spheres I am given each day to select another of my choice. you following me?"

*He look quizzically to the other two but carries on without waiting for a reply.*

"What if I were to channel my blessing to fire and Meta magics? Right Once this is done I link myself with the wild magics of this place. Should be easy as my magic is wild anyway, and then I forsake fire. Say selecting life instead? that way all the rampant fire turns to rampant life and regrows alot of this place, that is best case, worse case is I blow up on linking with this wild magics. Hopeful middle ground is the the fire and magic get deminished and people can at least walk around without getting sick."

*At the last he looks pointedly at Nathaniel.*

"Should take a few minutes at best. Yes I know it's crazy, you don't have to say it, but what more do you expect from the creator of Mount Rathmore.... there is more of my face in the world than before, hence the name before you ask. Yes! Yes! I know it was egotistical, but is was funny at the time!"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 pm

It was funny at the time... Something that has unpleasant echoes to it. Still, if what you suggest works, you may well save lives. I can't argue with that...

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm

*Kriska straightens from her work, happy that it was deep enough and watches as the water starts to drain away.*

"First of all let me get out of here! Fire ane me do not mix at the best of times especially when it is an experiment. Good idea go for it just let me get out of here first please?"

*By the end of Kriska speaking she looks very nervous, then looks over her shoulder.*

"It is time that we got out of here for a bit, I think Neptune is starting to feel under the weather as well."

*Lucy*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 pm

*Rath gestures for them to leave.*

"Well off you go then. if this works and I don't blow myself up or teleport of to another random location where shall I meet you both again to let you know? Shrine of Eremine? Are you sure that's wise. The responsible party has claimed it. Okay if you insist..... still if this works I'd love to see the look on their faces. Hurry the quicker you go I quicker I can attempt a possibly greusome and painful suicide, or save alot of lives, either way it would be some great magic. Shoo!"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:12 pm

*Nathaniel thinks for a moment, and hands Kriska a potion*

Fire immunity. Only works for a few minutes, but should help you a lot.

Lets go. Shall we take the statue with us?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:16 pm

*Kriska looks to Nathaniel.*

"Only if you have a potion to make someone stronger? I can't carry him but I am possibly the only person who will be able to cope in the water."

*She turns to Rath, and inclines her head.*

"May the Celestial Dragon guide you on your task, for innocent lives are at risk."

*Lucy*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Alas, I had one, but someone used it. I suppose we'll have to leave him here for now, then. Give us a moment to get to a safe distance, then feel free to work your art, Rath.

Return to “Narturlin”