The Construction of the City of Earth

For IC events and discussions within the rebuilt Narturlin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

The Construction of the City of Earth

Postby Luke » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Almost 7 months had passed in Narturlin. Rubble had been cleared, along with some bodies. Space had been created. Materials collected. Plans drawn.

The Earth Elves, and others, had come en masse, the promise of a homeland had been a strong pull factor. They longed for somewhere safe, somewhere to mind their own business and not have to deal with undead or goblins. They had brought their masonry skills. The Mages and the Warriors alike using their power to erect wooden frames and scaffolding. Rudimentary cranes lifted the heaviest of materials to where they needed to be, it had been a learning curve but they were beginning to get the hang of it.

The city was not finished, the walls still needed work, the dry aquaducts which would be the way to transport goods around the city were still only a dream. However, if one were to squint, they could fool themselves that a real city stood there. It would be months yet, but the prize was worth it.

The Diamond Elf Warryn had looked at the plans for a while, but decided he would rather help with the actual work. He went about casting the blessings of Gerethenax, the great god of earth, upon his people so that they would be strong. He sunk foundations into the ground, and more than once had to demolish an awkward building. He spent all the time he could here, when he wasn't training the elven armies, issuing orders, meeting with his Brothers.
His favourite building was the temple, right in the centre of the city, it was nothing glamourous or overstated, but it served it's purpose.

Despite the problems of the world, the anxiety of what was to come, and even the loss of every friend he had ever made. For a short while each day Warryn Onyx Coshwood could forget his troubles and serve the one thing that had never let him down.

All Praise LOOOOOOOOORRRRRDDDD GERETHENAX!

The echoing reply had an overwhelming roar from his people... though ultimately only in one tone...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Re: The Construction of the City of Earth

Postby Luke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:25 pm

The Whizz Bang of teleportation came screaming through the streets of Narturlin.

Warryn inspected the works for all of five minutes, before one of his favourite Earth Elf druids had run up to him. She had seemed panicked, she did not show it in her facial expressions, or her speech, but something about her stare seemed 'off'.

She talked to him about some sentient tree who wanted to protect Narturlin. He thanked her for the information and pledged to go and speak with the creature. The trip took a while, walking had always been a slow process with Warryn, but at least the roads were (beginning to be) paved and he got to admire the scenery of his new project.

Eventually he made it, shield on arm and ready for anything, talking trees included.

Hellllooooooooooooooo
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm

The charred area surrounding the lone tree is quite silent aside from a solitary "Cluck" from somewhere in the branches.

The tree itself (and it's misplaced occupant) is the only living thing in the immediate area, but seems quite healthy despite the destruction around it.

The young druid seems quite nervous, perhaps reverent around the tree. "I've never seen anything like this before. The tree itself has Faith... in Gerethanax."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Why wouldn't it? Lord Gerethenax has given it all it needs to live...

Warryn thought for a moment... the tree didn't have eyes or ears, so it couldn't see or hear him... he didn't want to attack the tree or command it to speak...

Then he had an idea, turning to Emerca, the young druid
you know a lot about this creature, I think I'm going to approach it, bless it perhaps... let me know if it's about to move or attack please.

Warryn very slowly began to walk towards the tree, chanting;
Loooooorrrddd Gerethenax, God of Earth, may you bless me with the ability to communicate with this Tree-thing-creature. Protect it from harm, and let it know that the church of Gerethenax, and the peoples of New Narturlin mean it no harm. If it truly is one of your followers then shield its bark with your most powerful blessings. As Paladin of the Mighty Earth God I hereby ward you.

(OOC: If I can get to the tree without interrupted casting then 'Blessing of Gerethenax' on the tree, just an armour buff but seems appropriate)
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 am

The druid nods, and Warry approaches the tree. Nothing happens as he does so, and when the magic completes, the only reaction is a fluttering and clucking as the chicken above moves from one branch to another. It soon settles down, though.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Is that the tree talking? Or is that a chicken?

Emerca looks a little confused... I believe there's a chicken stuck in it sir?

Well can't you ask it to let it go so we can talk matters of state?

Excuse me sir? Erm... yeah... I suppose... Excuse me servant of Gerethenax could you let the chicken go please? and erm this is Warryn Onyx Coshwood, your erm... Paladin... he's the one helping to build Narturlin again...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:12 pm

The tree is a calm, confident presence in the druid's mind. It reveals that it is not holding the chicken, but that the chicken did not wish to leave it. The chicken seems scared, not surprising, the tree opinionates, given the traumatic nature of its creation.

Return to “Narturlin”