Weapons+shields

The place to talk about the rules of the system and to get any help with the making of characters etc.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Weapons+shields

Postby Ben » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:09 pm

I suggested halving your max damage with the weapon in the same hand as a shield
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:45 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:00 pm

I've also got a question that is relevent to this but don't know where to ask it: Where are the centres of balance of the swords in this and how much do they weigh? I hope the fighting in this isn't just wrist-flicking.

If you balance a one handed LRP sword on your finger, the centre of balance is usually just above above the handguard. This can vary especially if the handle is weighted (usually with lead to enable pulling of blows).

No idea how much they weigh. They're made of a fibreglass core, wrapped in foam then coated in several layers of latex. They're not heavy...but you know when you're hit.

We encourage full swings (and discourage wrist flicking with heavy sarcasm).

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Also I suggest that a good hit with a big weapon that hits the shield square on the flat of it does half damage to the arm like if you havn't got shield proficiency, because that would really hurt if that happened.

As you point out, if you do not have shield proficiency then having your shield hit still hurts. Consider shield proficiency to be an example of a skill you can learn to allow you to do things you wouldn't be able to do in real life.

Tome of Magic 6.0

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm

|
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 pm

We're not going to get annoyed with you.

Safety is the most important thing. I would then prefer things to look good than aid realistic fighting.

According to this post I've just seen, this sword weighs 0.5kg https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 648&type=1

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “HoP Rules”