Risk Assessments

The place to talk about the rules of the system and to get any help with the making of characters etc.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Alexander

Risk Assessments

Postby Alexander » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 pm

STUFF
Last edited by Alexander on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Risk Assessments

Postby Will » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh god, I'll have to dig them out from the hard drive in Exeter.... errr, I'll see if I can find any saved in my email
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Yay :D
“Fiore... of the noble house of dei Liberi of Premariacco... in his youth wanted to learn how to fight and the art of combat in the barriers. Of Spear, Axe, Sword and Dagger, and of fighting on foot or mounted, armoured or not armoured."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Nope, none in my email, must have been stored in my uni account... old...

How urgent you need them?
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Thank you for trying anyway, that's quite nice of you.
It's not really very urgent, there is nothing pressuring me to do it at any specific time. I've started on it (people allergic to wasps could go into shock and die so should wear overalls, people should avoid stinging nettles and brambles and thistles) and will be asking a Jiu Jitsu person if I could see his risk assessments tomorrow. If you would be so kind to have been so generous to have committed a kind act of generosity in less than a week or ten then that would be nice. I dunno about time.

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 am

Heeloo

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi! Sorry, completely forgot about this, will try to remember tomorrow!

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

I found our first ever risk assessment! It's not extensive but it has a few key points.

Where can I send it?

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:08 am

-rubbed out-
Sorry if my potato comment was rude, it's just that I sometimes have difficulty putting my thoughts into writing, or speech into writing. I was trying to think of how to write something, and then found it funny at the time to write potato and things like that, it just made me smile.

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 am

To Will

I would like to apologise if I in any way came across as rude earlier. I understand that if you did someone a favour, and then he just kicked you in the shin and ran off then you might think that that was a bit off. That person would be a bad person. You seemed an all right guy, and I am hoping that I also seemed an all right guy, and I hope you believe me when I say that I try not to be a bad person, in fact I'm a vegetarian because I don't want to be bad to animals either. It is not too hard, when communicating with writing, to accidentally put letters and words together in a way that comes across as rude to the other person.
Will wrote:And you still need to learn to engage in these discussions Andy without putting down/gently mocking your opponent.

Example:

Is a bo stick a heavy object? How about a dagger? Neither of these are heavy objects.

You are aware that ring mail, as in full metal armour, is AC4, which you proposed right?

Mocking, suggesting ignorance and/or stupidity

Hatsuo1980 wrote: From a "reality" point of view, of course wielding a heavy object in your hands is going to affect how well you move your arms more than some leather armour. I'm not even sure how anyone could think otherwise?

You don't think this was mocking, Will? That was certainly how it was received

Maybe even the nicest guy can imagine something in his head, write something down, and then have someone read it differently and understand it differently and find it rude. There could be any number of ways of reading it out loud, with the tones and the stresses and the timing and all that. Maybe almost anything can be read as polite or rude or something else.

If you believe me then you can have £10 or £45 maybe later? You know what I'm saying?

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:36 am

I find that post random rather than rude! :) I'm guessing you're saying that I miss worded/came across in the wrong way in the quote you gave?

Sorry, it's just you made a general statement rather than a point for me to respond to!

RE the quoted exchange, don't forget that there are contexts such as the relationship between the two people. Andy and I have known each other for years, so there is a very different angle on our conversations than say, myself and someone I never met.

I'm pretty well versed in communication (I'll show you my credentials if you like) so if I come across as offensive or brusque, it's usually because I've thought it through and decided that's how I want to come across, so it's usually a lot clearer than below if I'm trying to be rude! I always double check and re read before I post on any public space. Of course sometimes things can get misread and it's important that people are prepared to clarify if that does happen, as I did in this case.

Alexander wrote:To Will

I would like to apologise if I in any way came across as rude earlier. I understand that if you did someone a favour, and then he just kicked you in the shin and ran off then you might think that that was a bit off. That person would be a bad person. You seemed an all right guy, and I am hoping that I also seemed an all right guy, and I hope you believe me when I say that I try not to be a bad person, in fact I'm a vegetarian because I don't want to be bad to animals either. It is not too hard, when communicating with writing, to accidentally put letters and words together in a way that comes across as rude to the other person.
Will wrote:And you still need to learn to engage in these discussions Andy without putting down/gently mocking your opponent.

Example:

Is a bo stick a heavy object? How about a dagger? Neither of these are heavy objects.

You are aware that ring mail, as in full metal armour, is AC4, which you proposed right?

Mocking, suggesting ignorance and/or stupidity

Hatsuo1980 wrote: From a "reality" point of view, of course wielding a heavy object in your hands is going to affect how well you move your arms more than some leather armour. I'm not even sure how anyone could think otherwise?

You don't think this was mocking, Will? That was certainly how it was received

Maybe even the nicest guy can imagine something in his head, write something down, and then have someone read it differently and understand it differently and find it rude. There could be any number of ways of reading it out loud, with the tones and the stresses and the timing and all that. Maybe almost anything can be read as polite or rude or something else.

If you believe me then you can have £10 or £45 maybe later? You know what I'm saying?

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 am

Oh right phew. Those quotes were just added as other examples. Oh no confusion!
What I meant was that you had done a favour by finding a risk assessment and then asked where you could sent it to, and then I said things like "e-letter e-post potato jolly good" and sent you a message with my email address and then that was all for a while, and so I thought that you had found what I had said rude and so decided not to send the risk assessment to my email address because I had been bad and so I got paranoid-worried.
Those quotes at the bottom were just there as a convenient example of a misunderstanding.
Oh and by the way, (wink wink hint hint).

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh and by the way, (wink wink hint hint)

I think he's trying to get you into bed.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Lol.

Did I not send it? Says I did in my sent folder?

Could you send your email address again?

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 pm

image.png
image.png (197.09 KiB) Viewed 1816 times

Return to “HoP Rules”