Killing carricters

The place to talk about the rules of the system and to get any help with the making of characters etc.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

Killing carricters

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I know this was never really a set rule but
As I won't be able to make manny hops (dame work getting in the way) IDE like to kill of carricters I don't play anymore and focus on one hop carricter.
Can I ??

Luke

Re: Killing carricters

Postby Luke » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Write a cool post of them dying in a cool way and sometimes you are permitted to put half their skill onto another character.

Make it epic. :)
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:41 pm

It's at Ben's discretion, but I imagine the two possible ways to kill off atm are war with Elves or war with Soulless.
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm happy for people to kill off characters for half their skill/essence on another character. Now we're running less I can see the attraction.

A couple of rules that I'll be applying from now on:
1) Write something cool, I won't be judging your writing but I want to see how you died.
2) You get half your skill minus 10 so if you're 120 skill you get 55 (as we're taking back your starting skill/essence).
3) If you sacrifice a character then that character is permanently dead: no res, no NotNLD.

I would warn people to think carefully before doing this for the following reasons:
1) You become a better roleplayer by playing lots of different characters.
2) Progressing a character normally allows you to buy skills based on what works rather than what looks good on paper. A 'real' 120 skill character has been worked for, they have a history, they've survived, they have some stories to tell and some renown, they have allies and enemies. A freshly created 120 skill character doesn't have that. An example here: 'real' 120 skill character dies and people care, they mourn, they might even sacrifice stuff to res you...a new 120 skill character probably not.
3) You put all your eggs in one basket and then if that character dies you have to start again.
4) The uniques team is more likely to pass certain uniques for characters we have seen in action rather than a new character.
5) The more characters you have the more likely you are to have something suitable for a particular event (either the theme, skill level etc).
6) People can get precious when they have a main character and if that character is adversely affected (or killed) they may not act in a completely level-headed way.
7) Don't take the piss You're losing half the skill essence each time, it whittles it down a lot if you keep doing it.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “HoP Rules”