Rules Update: Faith and Churches

The place to talk about the rules of the system and to get any help with the making of characters etc.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Hatsuo1980

Re: Rules Update: Faith and Churches

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Ross wrote:But you couldn't have gotten the shadow magic immunity so you win some you lose some.

Also the magic 4 ability seems to be the only way I've spotted that allows you to brake alignment restrictions on spells, not saying this is bad just pointing it out.

I'd say the circle 6 meta spell that lets you learn a spell you see cast lets you break alignment too but not sure it's specified
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Sorry to divert back to Ben's original point.

Now that you know that nearly every ability costs 1 favour, do you still think changes need to be made?

In the example of the Magic Domain, if you have Faith 2, it is probably going to be better to deny 2 spells over the day than to gain 6 essence. But I wanted to make a lot of them panic buttons, rather than calculated tools. I can see many instances where gaining a modest amount of essence could be more useful than denying a spell.

(just one example; using the Domain 4 ability to learn a healing spell, then using the Domain 1 ability to give you the essence to cast it. - it isn't even that specific a situation when you consider that the times you have run out of essence are probably the same times people are dying).
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Nope, ignore my original point entirely.

Love favour more now. Also, 3 essence per threshold is pretty cool.

But you couldn't have gotten the shadow magic immunity so you win some you lose some

I was genuinely offered the chance before the fight to break the rules of magic once: I did that.
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Cool. I'm excited about this Favour system. I am really glad it got to see use, and the uses were very cool. I don't know exactly what Fraser did but I know it saved him a few times.

Can I move for this to become actual rules now? If so I can move it to the Errata. Could someone go about removing churches from the website (and saving them somewhere?).

Also let's make a decision on vows, I think to keep them (they do no harm). We do need a ruling on Strife and Protection (as Armour has changed to the material type - I think give them one piece of metal).
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “HoP Rules”