A distant arrivel..

For IC events in Noore I Meles

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Chee

A distant arrivel..

Postby Chee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 am

A small boat makes landfall on the southern coast. A number of the occupants make there way by row boat to the shore. The tiny patch of beach is almost laughable as a landing site. An Orc rows with them, only standing out because it appears he is the only non-human among the small landing party. Upon arrival, they jump out and gather in the cove.

One of the humans speaks in a heavy accent

Eh! Finally, dry land. The end of e' long journey or e' beginning of anoth'a one eh Drass lad!

The Orc, despite his rough appearance smiles a pleasant face at his words.

Indeed Alexs my friend. Though I know we all have a journey before us, I hope my path leads to better days than those of when I was lost to the world. And perhaps your new path will show you more profit and better fortune now you have turned aside from the slippery slop you where on.

Alexs looks shameful and down cast from the mention of his former life.

Now why ye be a'ving to be mentioning that now. Tits like you dont want me to be forgetting things and make me feel all bad inside like.

Drass puts a comforting hand on Alexs shoulder.

Im not trying to make you feel bad, just reminding you so you dont make the same mistakes again. Your a kind soul Alexs, and I know there is good in you but you need to start looking forward to what you can do now rather than spend your time being disheartened by the past. Besides, there are lot worse crimes in this world than smuggling and taking shipments for the forces of Triudan. I know you've seen the folly of your ways in that respect. You cannot blame yourself for all the deaths that may have been caused by the blades you sold them. It was not your arm that held the sword, it was not your hands covered in the blood of those who did not deserve death, it was not your sin to bear or scar on your soul, it was not your....its was...your...it.. (He trails off staring at his hand, his eyes wide as he recalls the horrors that lurk in his memory. The blood, the pain, and the screaming...the terrible, terrible screaming. )

He shakes himself to bring himself out his momentary daydream.

Anyway. There is a world of possibility out there. I hope for you and your men the best of luck in your new endeavour.

Aye lad! And you. May the sea stay bellow your feet and wind always be at your back.

And you my friend.

With that, Drass begins climbing the step cliff to its peek, leaving the men behind as he ascends into the mainland.

**Drass'agla Hassent**

Chee

Re: A distant arrivel..

Postby Chee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:34 am

The loan figure travels north. His pace is steady and his step true. He is unhindered by most of the normal perils of travelling. He finds that there was not much he could not defend himself against on and off the roads. that which he could not or did not wish to fight, his magic’s allowed him to leave without much fuss. He continues north for a long time, stopping to see his surroundings and talk to locals he stumbles across but not else.
He finally reaches a mountain range in the distance to the north and west. He sees a lower land area to the east and chooses to walk between them, taking the travelled roads set out before him. Speaking with locals he discovers the land he has been travelling for quite some time is called Noore I Meres and he is in the northern edge of its border. The lower lands are known as the heartlands. Both lands being filled with many wonders and many perils.

As Drass looks over the huge lower lands that contrast so greatly with the high mountains to the east, he senses something odd. His self discipline at detecting magic was poor at times but in his being, something deep deep down just felt different.. unusual, not quite what you'd expect. It could just be a passing oddity, it could just be the meat he ate earlier being worse than he thought giving him a stomach ack.

Making his decision, Drass beings following the rim of the great lower lands area northward until he could find a way down into the plains to see what may, or may not be there. He did have other tasks in mind and he was very eager to meet the beings who, though they didn’t know it, had changed his life forever. But, not knowing where they could be meant that this was as good a place to go as any. He begins walking his steady, sure footed pace once again.

**Drass'agla Hassent**

Return to “Noore I Meles”