Home

For IC events in Noore I Meles

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Krishena

Home

Postby Krishena » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Fedora blinked as the bright flash faded from her eyes. When she had lifted her foot, she had been in the House of Heroes, when she set it down, she was just outside her home village again, it's wooden barricades lit up before her by the setting sun. She paused a moment and smiled at the sight. It had been a while since she and Fedor had put the place at their backs to find adventure and the glory of the Golem. Nodding to herself, she headed toward the place, her brother's chainmail jingling softly against the bracers.

Two guards were set on watch at the still open gates and both sat up as the heavily armoured orc stepped closer. Frowning, both glared, waiting for her to speak. Fedora grinned and adjusted where her two swords sat at her hip, before lifting her hand in greeting.
'Evenin' lads, headin' home to see my mum. She in, or off gatherin'?'

The two orcs on guard glanced at eachother. It sounded like Fedora Emerlianko, and somewhat looked like her, and her armour was familiar, but her entire face was black, rather than the odd half black/half pale skin they usually asociated with her. Shrugging, they stepped aside and let her through. She was, after all, an orc, and far more heavily armoured and armed than them. They decided to keep an eye on her though.

Nodding, she continued her way toward her family hut nearer the middle of the village. Outside of the home, her mother sat on a stool, currently working on peeling some vegetables into a large stew pot. The older orc's hair was starting to turn a little more grey, and her dark skin thinner and slightly wrinkled. She still looked as if she could give some heroes a run for their money though. At the sound of an approach, she looked up and peered at the approaching Fedora. On realizing who it was, she fixed her 'mother's glare' at Fedora.
'Where's yer brother, and why're you in his armour, and with his shield? Has he still not got some of your own for you?'

Fedora almost stepped back at the force of the glare, and dropped her head at the questions. Stepping closer, she removed the shield from her arm, leaning it against the wall of the house, and carefully settled on another stool beside her mother.
'He's dead, Ma. Killed defending the Master and some others in a house. I got brought there, somehow, and took up his armour and shield.'

A brief wave of sorrow showed in the older orc's features, a moment of mourning for her fallen son, before her face hardened again.
'So.. why're you back here? Running away from battle with his armour? Too scared to step into his footsteps? Or come to make an old orc sad before leaving again?'

Fedora looked hurt at this, and started to stand, blood beginning to boil. She looked down at her mother, scowling, a hand reaching for the newer of the two blades tucked into her belt. She hesitated though. Her mother looked older than she'd remembered, smaller perhaps. More tired, and especially so at the sad news she'd delivered. Sighing, she thumped back onto the stool again.
'You'd have been proud. He'd have been proud of me too, Ma, as would the Golem. I kept the Master alive. I smashed more undead and werewolves and other things than I can count. I also helped make a sword, and killed a guy who wanted to become an evil god, same one Fedor had sworn to kill. I came back to tell you about it all, before I go off finding more things to smash.'

Her mother looked up from her peelings finally, and peered at the young orc's face. The slightest, most minute of smiles crossed her lips and the beginnings of pride shone in her eyes. She nodded, continuing to watch her daughter.
'Show me this sword.'

Nodding, Fedora stood, slowly unsheathing the newest of her two blades from the scabbard it was carried in. It shone brightly in the ruddy light of the evening, no signs along it's length that it had been used, other than some dried on bloodstains that she'd not had chance to clean off yet. When she turned the blade in the light, it's graining within the metal shone through; the bright true steel shot through with darker grave nail, and a slightly more purple-toned rift edge. She glanced at her mother, seeking approval.

Her mother simply nodded and returned to her potato peelings, the only approval the older orc would give. 'It's fine work, yer Da would be proud. Now, am I going to have to cook more stew for the both of us? I'll need to have more stuff peeled if I do.'

Fedora smiled at this. It was about all of a welcome home her mother ever gave, and she slid the sword back into it's sheath. With a bit of effort, she shed her brother's armour, picked up a potato, and dug out a small knife from her belt. It was good to be home, to rest for a while.
Last edited by Krishena on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Un-Un-Posessed Hopestarved Human Bard- somehow back o_o
Pink Pussy of BOOM - likely deceased.
Blind Priestess of Balberith
Ex-Half-High elf, now full orc follower of the Golem
Got Dex?

Hatsuo1980

Re: Home

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:55 pm

(OOC: the surname is Emerlianko :-)
............................................................................Image

Krishena

Re: Home

Postby Krishena » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:15 pm

((Fixed <3)
Un-Un-Posessed Hopestarved Human Bard- somehow back o_o
Pink Pussy of BOOM - likely deceased.
Blind Priestess of Balberith
Ex-Half-High elf, now full orc follower of the Golem
Got Dex?

Return to “Noore I Meles”